Undead Pict Warrior Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video!

I assumed the seal bark was a Silkie come ashore to admire the handsome Pict.

The only problem is that a shore line has not existed here since the rocks were formed about 290-296 million years ago when the Ancestral Rocky Mountains were eroded during the Pennsylvanian epoch. Later, uplift during the Laramide orogeny tilted the rocks to the angle at which they sit today. Given that time frame the Pict fossil is brand new, all leading up to a crazy flight lasting only seconds.

The only problem is that a shore line has not existed here since the rocks were formed about 290-296 million years ago when the Ancestral Rocky Mountains were eroded during the Pennsylvanian epoch. Later, uplift during the Laramide orogeny tilted the rocks to the angle at which they sit today. Given that time frame the Pict fossil is brand new, all leading up to a crazy flight lasting only seconds.

It's the Circle of Life. Hakuna Mutata.

That would be cool if I launched it when Elton John was at Red Rocks. With 3 N motors you could see it from the audience.

You could launch it at zero hour, 9 am. The mighty Pict warrior, burning' out his fuse up there alone. He's not the man they think he is at home.

Man, I had totally forgotten about this one! Did if fly before or after the GDS? If before, I bet the RSO didn't bat an eye at the latter. :D

Man, I had totally forgotten about this one! Did if fly before or after the GDS? If before, I bet the RSO didn't bat an eye at the latter. :D

This one flew after GDS. It flew the best it ever has so it is kid tested, mother approved. Just like a 3/4FNC no one even bats an eye, just ho hum, another undead oddroc,no big deal. Since you have to load it on the launch rod through the skull and around the chute before you take it out to the pad, they just waived me through - another whacked out pop bottle rocket.

Last edited:
Here is a video of the flight from a couple weeks ago. Thanks to Paul for the video!

[video]https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMdxxfbBhqskWmBnZu9uK5Ql3o6y5inipmJWu1AIjwCGT zk933MsykZPi5NKR-I_Q/photo/AF1QipOu6jFOj8hxFfWphi5lvpu4L3bGrQJtu285prLj?key=S 2k4Q3BxbHRfZTZzV0J1bmxDV09qaEVCMC1oa3N3[/video]

Undead rockets rule. Totally dead ones, not so much :) Glad he emerged from the swamp.

Undead rockets rule. Totally dead ones, not so much :) Glad he emerged from the swamp.

Some of the spectators in the video yearned for the safety of Hadrian's Wall, it will keep all the things that go bump in the night behind it and forever off in the fringes. Others went out into the field for some pretty pictures.

Update. Again on the sixth flight only two motors lit. It did not fly as well on two motors this time as it hung up on the rod a bit. Off the top of the rod it arced over, hit the ground next to the pad and spun around in tight - land snake circles until the awesome power of the two F 15s was spent. Then POP!, the top of his head blew off and out came the chute and dog barf brains right on the ground. Good thing the conditions were damp and that short gramma grass is very hard to set on fire. Good thing too only I and the Prefect had shown up for the launch. It was cool to see it crash in a worst case flight scenario with no one around. After that a new member showed up and we did a Level one cert before the weather rolled in.

Taped back up he now sits in the basement and one plugged F15-0 motor languishes in the box.

Perhaps someone could edit the posts to allow the videos to work? I wanna see them in thread if possible.

Thanks!

1662956338369.png
Two Roman commanders were tasked with conquering the Gauls.
One of them, Marcus Maximus, has vigorously trained his fighting men to within an inch of their lives. He thinks he is ready for any eventuality.

The other, more senior commander, goes by Brutus Quintus. He also has highly trained men under his command but he never goes anywhere without a unit of half-naked northern men painted blue. They are, in fact, a group of Pictish barbarians.

On the morning of the battle Marcus Maximus charges forward and destroys the Gauls almost immediately. It is total supremacy on the battlefield and Brutus Quintus just watches it all happen silently without committing a single soldier to the battle.

The following morning the army awakes and there, through some sorcery, is the Gaul army untouched and waiting again for battle. Again Marcus Maximus leads his troops into the fight and wipes out the Gauls only to awaken the next morning to find them magically waiting again.

Five days running Marcus defeats the Gauls and yet each morning his victory is undone by the magics of the Gauls.

Finally on the sixth day Brutus Quintus lines up his troops with his Pictish barbarians in the vanguard. They charge into the Gauls wiping them out. The next morning Marcus Maximus awakens ready to taunt Brutus for his failure but there on the field of battle is all the evidence of the defeated Gauls. Somehow, Brutus Quintus has defeated the Gauls and their magic.

Marcus Maximus looks to Brutus Quintus and asks him, "How did you undo these magics."

Brutus Quintus calmly replies, "Simple Marcus, you must understand that you need Picts or it didn't happen."

Post picts or it didn't happen.
The history books say at first it was hard to post picts on the newly built wall, they were way too undisciplined. Eventually the Roman's were able to tone down the Picts and have them stick to the wall for around three hundred years! Posting more Picts all the time! It definitely happened.

Last edited:
Back