Hobby Rocketry Patents

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. In particular I was a little surprised to see the Aerotech "steel wool" baffle and the igniter that everyone loves to hate (Copperhead) in their own patents in your list. And in light of that, the reloadable motor patent was by Anthony Cesaroni, not Gary Rosenfield....

I also found it amusing that in Vern Estes' patent ("Toy Rocket Motor") that they're called motors, not engines.... :)

Last edited:
Indeed. In particular I was a little surprised to see the Aerotech "steel wool" baffle and the igniter that everyone loves to hate (Copperhead) in their own patents in your list. And in light of that, the reloadable motor patent was by Anthony Cesaroni, not Gary Rosenfield....

I also found it amusing that in Vern Estes' patent ("Toy Rocket Motor") that they're called motors, not engines.... :)
The list is not all inclusive. The AT RMS system patent is https://www.google.com/patents/US52...a=X&ei=Aw6DVOPhIsWYgwTbuoDYDw&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBA

Hobby rocketry did not invent solid rocket motors or the reloadable motor casings. Most hobby rocket patents are design patents for specific configurations to prevent competitors form copying their designs.

Bob

The list is not all inclusive. The AT RMS system patent is https://www.google.com/patents/US52...a=X&ei=Aw6DVOPhIsWYgwTbuoDYDw&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBA

Hobby rocketry did not invent solid rocket motors or the reloadable motor casings. Most hobby rocket patents are design patents for specific configurations to prevent competitors form copying their designs.

Bob

Bob is correct. It was just a "quick review" of what I could find in short order. But as people bring things to my attention, I am more than happy to add to the top list.

Greg

I figured the RMS patent was out there.... I was just amused at the juxtaposition of selections.

Yes. I started out in one direction and it morphed into another direction.

It's kind of a "Who's Who" for inventors in the hobby rocketry field. I haven't checked to see if someone has patents on deployment electronics.

Greg

Thanks for staying with this subject Greg, fascinating stuff. Beautiful legalese: "... each ring member having a plurality of finlock receptors disposed on the perimeter thereof in equispaced relationship to each other for receiving a finlock root extending through the rocket housing ... "

Thanks. Yes, I like the the rocketry/legalese mashup.

---

Added the following:

Solid Fuel Rocket Motor Seals (Mund)

Greg

Here is another one . . . A patent for Estes propellant . . . PDF below !

Dave F.

Attachments

• ESTES VULCANITE EB-75 PROPELLANT PATENT US20060272754.pdf
    254.6 KB · Views: 62
Back