Set your alarms for Orion!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enderw88

New to the game
Reaction score
I feel twelve years old. I vaguely remember watching Saturn Vs launch on TV when I was little. I almost can't sleep and it is just an unmanned demo!

Dang... that's 4:05am left-coast time. I miss being able to see these from my yard down in S. Florida. I actually did get up at the crack of dawn for one of the last Shuttle night launches. Well worth it!

My day/night periods are so screwed up I'm up that time of day and sleep when the rest of the world works :) Guess that's what I get from giving into the musician side of my brain :D

I'm going to have to time-shift this one / catch it on a repeat.

Had plans on going over to the river and get some pictures but the weather is overcast. Not worth going over for ground shots. Going in 20 min. Now its on hold. NOT sure how long. Now there saying there is a boat in the danger zone. the window is 2hrs and 30 min. so all they have to do is move the boat out to safe zone. How ever long that takes.

Last edited:
Not getting any streaming
It was working a minute ago :(

Wind gusts stopped it from going. Now talking about new lift off time. Looks like the winds are to high out there.

Last edited:
Giddy about getting to watch launch online..

stinking boat :(, dang winds....

gonna have to miss do to leaving for work...
john

Count recycled to 9 minutes and holding... holds first for boat in the exclusion zone, then propellant conditioning on the second stage, then a GOX valve "_s" condition. Those have been cleared, but the clock was set back because they went back to ground power from vehicle power... still trying to reconfigure a new liftoff time and announce it... still got 2 hours+ in the launch window. Vehicle and spacecraft still "go". New launch time 12:55 Zulu, which is 7:55 am EST...

OL JR :)

Orion back on internal power... still about four minutes in the hold, expected launch time 7:55 EST...
L-7 minutes... Terminal count poll proceeding now... All "GO!"...

T-4:00 minutes and counting... In terminal count, vehicle to internal, LOX/LH2 props securing proceeding... OL JR :)

Hold- map script abort... T-3:05 and holding...

That means another recycle most likely... OL JR :)

Wind violation...

Recycle to new T-0... (liftoff time...) OL JR :)

Going through the safing process now... definitely be a recycle... vehicle to external power. Confirmation of auto detection of wind violation... winds picked up higher than expected, more northerly than expected, wind was anticipated to shift to a more favorable direction but that didn't occur. Still 1 hour 45 minutes in the liftoff window... Still optimistic of launch today.

Last edited:
They must have real tight wind tolerance. The river is FAC!

Weather talk now... inversion condition expected to dissipate in the next 45 minutes contributing to the winds... wind shift to the more favorable direction didn't occur as predicted. All holds removed. Vehicle on external power, count being recycled.

Valves caught mid-cycle in abort, properly configured now...

That stack reminds me of what the MOL Titan 3M should have looked like.......

Latest posts

Back