I am now officially an American (not citizen yet)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taiwanluthiers

Reaction score
I just made it through immigration and customs. I spend one nervous hour in secondary for unknown reason... but then I was called and brought to the new immigrant processing area. I gave them the packet and passport and the passport came back stamped with a note saying "welcome to america, etc."

I am now staying in Los Angeles.

Awesome, welcome! Make sure to drop by Texas sometime! ;)

Welcome! Now, Get the heck out of LA. Austin is supposed to be a great city. Northern California is beautiful but expensive.

I'm an Austin resident going on 2 years now. It's a great place to live with some great rocketry clubs close by.

I was thinking of living in LA at first, but now that I seen it, no thanks. The place just looks like it's rife with crimes. Also for whatever reason God saw fit to end the drought here, it rained like it has never been.

Woo hoo! Study up for that citizenship test that most natural-born Americans couldn't pass!

As a member of a family of immigrants (grandparents, mother-in-law, children, niece), welcome aboard and good luck with the bureaucracy.

The stars at night
Are big and bright!
(Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!)
Deep in the heart of Texas!

Remember that, and the Alamo, and you should be ok.

From what I have heard, Austin is different from much of the rest of Texas in terms of its politics, general attitudes, and values. It should be a really interesting adventure for you. I'd like to get to Texas sometime myself. This is a really big country with a lot of variety in it and lots of regional differences, and it's worth getting around to see it.

How soon are you moving to Austin, and how are you getting out there? You could probably make a good road trip through a lot of the southwest and see some very interesting sights along the way.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay... I've finished 127 pages of a ~140 page report (due at 0900 PST Friday), and I'm a little busy (and tired).

Congrats

The stars at night
Are big and bright!
(Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!)
Deep in the heart of Texas!

Remember that, and the Alamo, and you should be ok.

From what I have heard, Austin is different from much of the rest of Texas in terms of its politics, general attitudes, and values. It should be a really interesting adventure for you. I'd like to get to Texas sometime myself. This is a really big country with a lot of variety in it and lots of regional differences, and it's worth getting around to see it.

How soon are you moving to Austin, and how are you getting out there? You could probably make a good road trip through a lot of the southwest and see some very interesting sights along the way.

Agreed. Austin is a completely different animal. Texas is so big you get a lot of different people with different ideas depending on where you go. Make sure you visit the Dallas/Fort Worth area! Maybe even attend a DARS launch! ;)

欢迎你,火箭朋友

I make guitars.

I want to do a road trip to Texas, because I got lots of stuff that I think it may be less hassle to drive it rather than ship it. But I also need a car, a drivers license and enough drivers ed to be able to drive long distance. I didnt drive in Taiwan at all because there was no need to drive.

Back