Wildman Anouncement email

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the right thing to do to announce that we are prepared to read his announcement today?

This sort of reminds me of 'Spaceballs' where they are always preparing to do something
Spaceballs.jpg

Prepare to announce!

So you are announcing that you got a separate announcement, announcing there will be an announcement?

Stay tuned for a special announcement, announcing there will be an announcement! Or has this already been announced?

(Lately, I feel like I have a lot of time on my hands.)

I just got the email from yesterday's Wildman announcement and noticed that it came in at 3pm the exact time I got the email for the Black Saturday sale 3 hours after the sale ended. Checked my email list subscription on Wildmans site and realized I had daily digest turned on. With this turned on it will do what a mail list does kind of like a thread subscription and aggregate the days posts and send them out at one time. In this case it was too late to do anything about it. So check your settings that is probably why you are getting the emails after the fact.

To get all of us talking (free advertising) and generate enthusiasm.

The part I keep laughing about is that this thread started because of a typo on my part.

Seriously.

I sent a listserv command to the wrong email address, inadvertently sending it to the list, not the list processor.

Hah, I have gotten multiple 'cmd' type emails during the BlkSat season - I think you may be a repeat offender :bangpan:

The part I keep laughing about is that this thread started because of a typo on my part.

Seriously.

I sent a listserv command to the wrong email address, inadvertently sending it to the list, not the list processor.

I going with NikeMikey's idea of the coupon for a free 3" Punisher...I think it's a much better idea than some techie typo thingy.

Let's put it to a vote...all in favour?

Seriously.

Dubious! :D: :cheers:

Hah, I have gotten multiple 'cmd' type emails during the BlkSat season - I think you may be a repeat offender :bangpan:

Nope. I only did it once! Honest.

-Kevin (who's innocent....this time!)

I just got the email from yesterday's Wildman announcement and noticed that it came in at 3pm the exact time I got the email for the Black Saturday sale 3 hours after the sale ended. Checked my email list subscription on Wildmans site and realized I had daily digest turned on. With this turned on it will do what a mail list does kind of like a thread subscription and aggregate the days posts and send them out at one time. In this case it was too late to do anything about it. So check your settings that is probably why you are getting the emails after the fact.

Rocket Geek - you were EXACTLY correct. I would have never known there was such a setting. I called Jackie to explain the problem, and she told me it was my internet company (I did not believe her). Thanks for the advice!

GRAH! I still want a Punisher. I still can't buy one, (without clearing the purchase with the wife first.)

My birthday IS coming up... so tempting...

I wonder if My SS is watching this thread. I wonder if my SS was thinking about buying a 3in Punisher and a 54mm retainer. I wonder if I'm just smoking something.

Woo hoo! gettin a punisher! And what's that smell, sniff, sniff, sniff, smells like maybe Level 2 next year!

Any chance of Wildman West extending out to Black Rock? Excited to hear the news!

Alex

Last edited:
Ordered my WackyWednesday Punisher/54mm Aeropack, and RocketPoxy (not on sale) and my credit card is whinging again.

Thanks for the heads up/PM, David! No, not David Reese of Wildman West, the other David.

Congratulations David Reese and Wildman West. I have a reasonable chance of having a job transfer down to So. Cal. Will be stopping by if I do. Best of luck.

Back