What kits do you still have around that aint been built yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see, hmmm oh yeah I got an Estes argent
K&S ramjet (4 X upscale)
LOC I-ROC
GLR Vertical Assault
Gary T Painkiller 3
PML Patriot (1/2 scale)

Sheri's Saturn V, Estes and Centuri Saturn V: K-36, 2157 and KS-12, Estes 1/00th Saturn 1b, Centuri Saturn 1b, Q Modeling Starship Vega, Centuri "Two Bitz", Centuri F-16 Fighting Falcon, some "Der Red Max" rockets I got in bulk, Estes Starship Enterprise, Estes Klingon Battleship and I'm sure others I've probably missed. Let me add Interceptor E, Comanche 3, and I probably still have more sitting around. Yup, two more, Estes Maxi V2 and another Apogee Saturn V. Just found another one. The Estes K-39 Semi scale Saturn V with the yellow tag.

Last edited:
I have a Wildman Shapeshifter and a 4"DD Darkstar, I think I may have a Jart around somewhere also.

Just repaired
Giant Leap Talon 3 & Talon 4

Rebuilding Ultimate Darkstar
Building Madcow AGM 33 Pike 5.5
To Build Shapeshifter Jr. 2 stage

Not started and in bags:
Estes V-2
Estes Interceptor E (only because I've not decided on a skin...)
4 Vikings
Crossfire ISX
Big Daddy
Refitting:
Up-engine an Omloid
Finishing:
Big Bertha, Extreme 12
Mini mosquitoes
.220 Swift
Mega Mosquito
Started:
Magnum Sport Loader

Contemplating purchase of:
A LOC Graduator to eventually do Level 1

Mike

To build:
WM 54mm/38mm Vindicator
RW Formula 75
WM 3"/54mm Darkstar (slightly intimidated by this one)
MDRM
Mega Baron (RC conversion)

Considering:
4"/29mm BAR Crayon (I have a 38mm one but plan to get a 29mm for flying off of concrete surfaces)
LOC Cyclotron (tube fins fly great)
MCR Sport-X (3 inch/38mm cardboard, with dual deploy sounds great)

Last edited:
This winter I built quite a few but, most still aren't finished to completion yet.

I still have:

1) BYOR 3" from RW

2) RW ADVENTURER 3"

3) Wildman V2 Sport

4) Old Binder Design Sentinel.

5) 4" Goblin from K&S rocketry.

JD

We need to send over the rocket police as: you keep teasing us but, no pics!

JD

tons of high power, but let's just list the L3 birds in the build pile
Mega Wildman (in process)
Mega Bullpuppy (yet another class 3 bird)
Ultimate DS
Jumbo DS (8")
<SNIP>

My pile is empty except for a Rw. 38 special I think it is called. I want to do a huge scrap pyramid next but haven't even gotten to design it yet

I have probably 100 unbuilt kits.

The headliners include,

-- Estes 1/100 Saturn 1B
-- Roachwerks 1/45 Soyuz
-- (2) 1/100 Estes Saturn V. As mentioned on several other threads, I have the Centuri version but am leery of putting it at risk by flying again; my plan is to build one or both of the 2157 kits and fly them as my 'expendable' Sat Vs.
-- Estes Mercury Redstone (pre-re-release)
-- Orbital Transport
-- Maxi-Brute V-2 (will probably adapt for 29mm)
-- Zooch Saturn SA-5 (with the pointy nose cone)

Nothing sits around for more than a day or 2. I have even built as many as 3 at a time. I won't buy a kit if I have no intention of building anytime soon.

I have an original Wildman 3" BlackStar, a Madcow Frenzy, a Wildman Jart, a Madcow FG Lil Goblin, and an Estes Mega Red Max that I plan to seriously upgrade (keep the decals, replace everything else).

There are also an Estes Leviathan and Ventris that are completely built but lack fillets and paint, and a LOC Onyx in need of paint. Probably should include those kits as well.
Update:

The Madcow Frenzy just made it onto the workbench this afternoon and I marked the motor tube for centering rings...realized I'm gonna need to make up at least two more.

Der Mega Red Max I donated to a family in the LUNAR club after their boys CATO'd their Minie Magg. They flew the Mega Red Max at our last club launch albeit without paint. The boys said they rebuilt the Minie Magg but I didn't see it at the launch.

My Wildman Punisher arrived a while back and is in the build queue.

Here's my revised list:

Wildman 3" BlackStar
Wildman Jart
Madcow FG Lil Goblin
Wildman Punisher

I am resisting the urge to buy a Polecat Aerospace Black Brant after seeing a club member's ship fly at Snow Ranch.

I've got about 2 dozen kits - mostly Estes - that I haven't gotten to yet. I'd been collecting them for years, even though I wasn't actively involved in the hobby. Once I did come back, I started building the ones I had stockpiled, but I also started adding to the pile, so I'm not really ahead at all at this point... Most of them are in this picture, hanging on the peg board in the basement, layered several deep:

WP_002978.jpg

There are probably 6 or so not in the photo; one of these days I'll have to pull them all down and spread them out for a photo...

Hmm.

Estes

SR-71
Tie Fighter
Dearth Vadar's Tie Fighter
R2-D2
Bullpup 12D
Super Neon XL
Condor A.R.V.
Xarconian Cruiser
MIRV
Dark Silver
Mini Honest John
Argent
Partizon
Leviathan
Ventris

And probably a few more…

My kids and wife have 5 or 6 each to build.

I have about 6 needing paint and two that are mid build. I've pretty much gone to 24mm and 29mm MMT builds only. I'll probably be stepping up to 38mm over the summer. I need to research the motors for my L1 cert.

Just found this thread and thought I would contribute too.

Hello, my name is "James" and I am a "Rocketholic", it has been 12 hours since I last worked on building a rocket. My build "pile" currently consists of:

Estes:

Alpha - soon to be in production
Baby Bertha
Wizard
Cosmic Interceptor
Mercury Redstone
Big Bertha
D-Region Tomahawk
2 x Patriot
2 x Screaming Eagle
2 x Night Wing
MIRV
Reflector
Super Neon XL - soon to be in production
Mini Fat Boy
Mini Commanche 3
Alien Invader
Chuter Two
Space Eagle
2 x Air Commander
Payloader II
Photon Disruptor
Photon Probe
Hornet
Xarconian Cruiser
Asteroid Hunter
Solar Warrior
V2
Monarch
Commanche 3
Goblin - soon to be in production
Partizon

NewWay:
Quad Goblin - currently in production

Quest:
Payloader One
Magnum Sport Loader

I have a weakness for Estes sales, TRF Secret Santa and good deals!

I've got about 2 dozen kits - mostly Estes - that I haven't gotten to yet. I'd been collecting them for years, even though I wasn't actively involved in the hobby. Once I did come back, I started building the ones I had stockpiled, but I also started adding to the pile, so I'm not really ahead at all at this point... Most of them are in this picture, hanging on the peg board in the basement, layered several deep:

View attachment 255951

There are probably 6 or so not in the photo; one of these days I'll have to pull them all down and spread them out for a photo...
Ha! I remember when it was that simple. A couple of extra kits, its not a big deal. I can handle it.

Only a year and a half later, I've got tote bins full of this stuff, the result of unregulated expansion, all the while scratch building more than building kits. So the kits pile up. At last count - and this is after selling off a bunch at URRF3 - was 83. But its not a problem, I can handle it. :blush: I should really try to, um, recapitalize some more...

I have an original Wildman 3" BlackStar, a Madcow Frenzy, a Wildman Jart, a Madcow FG Lil Goblin, and an Estes Mega Red Max that I plan to seriously upgrade (keep the decals, replace everything else).

There are also an Estes Leviathan and Ventris that are completely built but lack fillets and paint, and a LOC Onyx in need of paint. Probably should include those kits as well.
The 3" BlackStar is still in the build queue as is the Jart 29mm. A 3" Punisher has joined the Wildman party.

The Madcow FG Lil Goblin is complete and awaits its first flight.

The Mega Red Max has been donated to posse of kids who crashed their bird. They built it and I've seen it fly.

The Madcow Frenzy is under construction as is a second FG Lil Goblin (a 38mm this time).

The Polecat Goblin 5.5 has been completed and flown. It will be my L2 cert rocket. I like it a lot.

The Estes birds and the LOC Onyx are looking for new homes as I've not much interest in them anymore.

In the process
Estes Black Brant II (needs refinishing due to crappy paint job)
Estes Long Tom (same here)
Estes Xarconian Cruiser (just needs paint & decals)
Fliskits Rose-A-Roc (needs sanding)
Rocketry Warehouse Amraam (needs an AV bay)
Sunward Flying Umbrella (needs sanding)
TLP Krypton Kh-31A (I butchered the build, so it will need some mods)

Not yet started
Estes D-Region Tomahawk (this one's getting an E motor mount)
Semroc Saki (lost my previous one)
Wildman Mini Darkstar (this one will be a DD)
Wildman Blackhawk 29 (this one, too)

There are also 7 rockets in need of repair.

Argent
Leviathan
MDRM
Merlin Sword
Mini Squat
Partizon
Sprint XL
Ventris
... and a 10" Goblin from Polecat

What comes to mind first are the NIB kits on the shelf.....that are not started yet

Scale:
- Semroc Mars Lander
- Semroc Saturn 1B
- Estes Little Joe II
- Roachwerks/(Sandmans kit) Nike Hercules

Sport:
- Fliskits Dueces Wild
- Loc Precision Weasel
- Loc Precision V-2 3.9"
- Wildman Mini Eagle Claw

Glider:
- Quest Flat Cat
- Quest HL 20
- Semroc Hawk/Falcon
- Estes Sky Dart
- Estes Space Shuttle w/glider (second build)
- Estes SR-X
- Edmonds Deltie
- RandR Delta Star

HPR:
- Performance Rocketry Mongoose 38

.....and a Red Arrows Hobbies BIG resin Mercury capsule, that might end up on a BIG Mercury Little Joe

Started...not finished:
- Cosmodrome Vostok - being converted to Soyuz w/ Sandman parts
- PML Quantum Leap
- Estes NEW Space Shuttle
- Edmond Arcie

Last edited:
The Launch Pad- Indigo (need to sell this one in the unopened package, I just don't want to see it around anymore)

Apogee-Level 2. I'm hoping to get started on this soon after not touching a rocket for the past 3 years.

I still have one, that I bought about 15 years ago! I'm pretty sure it's a WAC Corporal w/ Tiny Tim booster, but I've lost the instructions somehow :facepalm:. All the pieces/parts were put into a gallon size zip-loc bag when I decided to put it away - and I've moved half a dozen times since!

At the time, I was recovering from losing pretty much everything I owned in a nasty divorce, and needed something to occupy my time that was relatively affordable - I couldn't afford to do my R/C modeling - and I thought building rockets again would be just what the Doctor ordered. Unfortunately, this one required some modeling tools that I no longer had or could afford to replace at the time. Now I've recovered - and then some - so I'll get back to this one again soon... After I finish my NCR LaserHawk ;).

Back