What kits do you still have around that aint been built yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
My garage is starting to look like a storage area for tubes, nosecones, fin material, etc., and it is the beginning of "build season".

When I realised that there may still be an 8" Darkstar available from the BS Sale, I went and asked the wife for permission. That lead to the list in this post, and a NO, until I actually build some.

So.. What have you got out there that needs built or rebuilt??

Not including a box of Estes, FlisKits, Semroc, etc. etc. stuff under 2" (about 12 'model' rockets in that box)

2 x Jarts - 29mm and 38mm (gonna be built into a 2 stage SupaDupaJart)
1 x 2.6" Viper - 38mm (maybe 75% complete)
1 x 2.6 two stage - 38 to 29mm (rebuild after desert darting both stages)
1 x 3" Binder NXRS -38mm
2 x 3" Bluetoob creations - 54mm (one will be tubefin, other for 2nd stage to the 3" Darkstar)
1 x 3" DarkStar - 54mm (BS sale 2 years ago??)
1 x 4" Cluster Kraken - 4*38mm (rebuild after not a "nominal" performance)
1 x 4" Broken Arrow -75mm
2 x 5" Jarts - 54 and 75mm

Just purchased
1 x V2 Sport - 29mm
1 x 38 Special (probably gonna get hacked up for the SupaDupaJart)
1 x 4" V2 - 54mm

probably a couple more that have been buried under other Rocketry stuff

Last edited:
I feel sorry for anybody that has to obey what the other half says, all that aside, to answer you Q, I have an SR 71 Blackbird kit waiting for me. I usually don't do kits, but I like this one.

ASP 18mm to 18mm WAC Corporal and a FlisKits Decim8, both harder than their level 5 construction advisory.; The ASP will have to wait until I get a caliper that measures in Thousandths not just hundredths (because I was stupid and opened the sub assembly packages before reading not to mix the parts up :p ) and the Decim8 is like an wood airplane kit, the parts are there but need an incredible amount of work on every individual part because I want the parts to flow into each other in an "organic" fashion. All the square edges rounded, CA'd and rounded again then things flowed together, much like a Vorlon ship which if you look real close is 3 colors and not just two. The bodies have yellow-ish and dark grey that shift and play over the surface then there's the stationary stripes....it's a long term project that will have to wait until after I move....to where ever that is....

5th Amendment.
"Everything is under control. Nothing to see here. Move along. No-don't touch that! It's the control rod and if you move it the pile will go critical. Yes, I know it looks like a nose cone...good disguise, eh? No-the suitcase is full of altimeters. Yes, all these tubes are valuable. It's just a couple of motors, don't freak out. Don't open that box, I just packed it. Don't you have something to do in any of the other 9 rooms in this house? Dang!" (excerpt from BATF surveillance tape...)

Last edited:
I refuse to answer on the grounds that if my wife finds out she may become both a widow and a criminal.... :kill:

Mostly LPR, good number of MPR, a few HPR

Totals in the hundreds - too much said already - shhhh

Yeah its pretty hard to hide a Ultimate Dark Star .. assume the 8 inch would be even harder.

Kenny

Over the years I tend to design/scratchbuild my own projects, but I like kits...

- Performance Rocketry Mongoose 38
- R&R Delta Star
- Roachworks Nike Hercules

- Cosmodrome Vostok - converting to Soyuz
- Semroc Saturn 1 B
- Semroc Mars Lander

Last edited:
I have an original Wildman 3" BlackStar, a Madcow Frenzy, a Wildman Jart, a Madcow FG Lil Goblin, and an Estes Mega Red Max that I plan to seriously upgrade (keep the decals, replace everything else).

There are also an Estes Leviathan and Ventris that are completely built but lack fillets and paint, and a LOC Onyx in need of paint. Probably should include those kits as well.

I do not ask for permission. I get input. Sometimes I except and others I don't. This year it made sense to abstain.

For some, it is cheaper to keep the wife happy and abstain from Black Friday specials.

This is worse than I realized:

Estes
- Renegade D
- Photon Probe
- Solar Flare
- Xarconian Cruiser
- Argent
- Ventris
- Saturn V (2157)
- Mercury Redstone
- Starfighter Combo (Orion Starfighter & Torrelian Invader)

Semroc
- Mars Lander
- Orbital Transport

Art Applewhite
- 18 mm X-fire
- 18 mm Monocopter

Aerotech
- Strong Arm

TLP
- Seawolf

Parts for Clones (complete parts sets)
- Estes Deep Space Transport
- 160% upscale Estes Trident

At least I tend to scratch build high power, so none of those kits lying around.

Last edited:
I have considered disguising my 8 incher as a verrry tall penquin and using it for a Xmas decoration in the yard.....

That will go over better than 'airing' your burrito and laundry out to your neighbors .

Kenny

I have an original Wildman 3" BlackStar, a Madcow Frenzy, a Wildman Jart, a Madcow FG Lil Goblin, and an Estes Mega Red Max that I plan to seriously upgrade (keep the decals, replace everything else).

There are also an Estes Leviathan and Ventris that are completely built but lack fillets and paint, and a LOC Onyx in need of paint. Probably should include those kits as well.

I've got a spare set of Mega Der Red Max decals I will trade you for the kit parts.

Estes
- Renegade D
- Photon Probe
- Solar Flare
- Xarconian Cruiser
- Argent
- Ventris
- Saturn V (2157)
- Mercury Redstone
- Starfighter Combo (Orion Starfighter & Torrelian Invader)

Semroc
- Mars Lander
- Orbital Transport

Art Applewhite
- 18 mm X-fire
- 18 mm Monocopter

Aerotech
- Strong Arm

TLP
- Seawolf

Parts for Clones (complete parts sets)
- Estes Deep Space Transport
- 160% upscale Estes Trident

At least I tend to scratch build high power, so none of those kits lying around.

Remember, the Sat V is supposed to go to the top of the pile!

I recently sold a large number of kits when it was clear I would never get to building them. Here is what's left in the pile:

Leviathan (spare one to replace the built one, when necessary)
Mega Der Red Max (another spare)
Argent (planning to kit bash)
Partizon
Ventris
Trajector
Falcon 9 with Fairing
3x Maxi Alpha 3 (I kept buying them one at a time and making them as gifts, so I finally stocked up)
Red Flare (won at raffle)

Of course, having a huge build pile has not stopped me from adding a few to my Christmas list:

G-Force
Warlock

What?! That's nothing to worry about... I have over a hundred and fifty in various stages of assembly (and several unopened kits).

Then there's the plastic models I've been collecting since high school. Fortunately for me, I've seemed to get out of polystyrene some time ago (lack of funds).

Funny, this is one of the reasons I didn't stress about any BF deals. Granted, I wish I had been around to get a Punisher, but eh... This is actually good for me so I start thinking about how I actualize the potential of these kits!

3" Blackstar
5" jart
Sub-Lime
4" K&S Orion Starfighter
4" K&S Torellian Invader
K&S Black Wolf 2 stage
Aerotech Phoenix
2x Mars Lander
Sirius Rocketry Saturn V

2 Big Totes of Estes/LPR/Small MPR rockets including a rebuild of a nearly-totalled Estes Saturn V that i obtained all the replacement parts for and need to just sit and rebuild.

I am sure that I have forgotten something in there. For those of you who do RC soaring I have a Skybench Oly IIs that i just started building that will likely take a month or two. I have to say that if you like building rockets, there is much fun building a box of laser-cut sticks into a glider.

tons of high power, but let's just list the L3 birds in the build pile
Mega Wildman (in process)
Mega Bullpuppy (yet another class 3 bird)
Ultimate DS
Jumbo DS (8")
Extreme DS
Intimidator 4
Extreme WM
Jumbo jart / 3 inch motor tube
Bruiser 3" with 3 38's
5 inch Shape shifter
8 inch Jart
4 inch interceptor
Ultimate "stealth" 4 inch tube (i got a cool plan, a chute cannon and a perfectflight timer that will rock) & all the parts for it.....

I am always jealous of people who have build piles. I wish I had one, actually. :(

I actually cleared out most of my HPR unbuilt inventory.

However, I have a full set of Goonybirds that needs to be finished. Yes, Estes original Goonybirds.

I also have a pile of Fliskits we won't talk about, as well as some Squirrel Works goodies and a TRF Rocket from Pem Tech. I think there's some Semroc goodness in there, too.

-Kevin

I've got two full plastic tubs of unbuilt LPR kits, mostly Estes and some other brands. And, I just ordered 10 more from the Estes Black Friday sale so I may just need a third tub. Luckily, I'm back into building at the moment, but it will have to get warmer before I can paint them all.

Remember, the Sat V is supposed to go to the top of the pile!

Indeed. However, my little one is getting after me for a rebuild of his favorite PSII Nike Smoke, that got smoked by a G80 CATO. He'll probably end up with priority, maybe a parallel build. I rarely build one at a time.

Woops, forgot to add the Nike Smoke from the warranty claim.

Last edited:
These are the few kits that haven't yet been started:

LPR
Estes CC Express
Estes Xarconian Cruiser
Semroc Golden Scout
Semroc Saki

MPR
Estes D-Region Tomahawk
TLP Krypton Kh-31A
Wildman Mini Darkstar DD
Wildman Blackhawk 29 DD