Wildman "SECOND CHANCE BSS SALE?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
What do ya think about doing something, never been done before?

Think we can Talk the Wildman into doing a "second chance" sale on all the Kits he had? I know for one, it took me forever to go through all of them...over an hour. Even then I missed a few [Punisher Sport"] and I was familiar with so many, but he just kept adding more.

Even though he had a record breaking sale, so many of us missed stuff & need a second chance.

I REALLY think If we show enough support here, I can cajole him into doing it.

Worst case he will kill me.... [So will Troj & Jackie probably].
Best case we all get to get stuff we missed.
I've gotten quit a few PM's & e-mails to this effect.

If there are enough posts & demands...we can force him into it.

What would you get......if ya had a second chance?

Let the chaos & mayhem begin.

"ya can't always get what ya want.....but if you try sometimes.....ya get what you need"

SO LETS TRY HARD!!!@#@:y:

Last edited:
Wildman Extreme, Wildman Extreme, Wildman Extreme...

tumblr_luzu5sFFmO1qha75vo1_500.gif

Last edited:
I think it'd be a good idea. What I'd really like to see is another sale in Feb/March when my tax return comes in :) BS is a nice sale, but most of my cash is tied up in gifts for others. Tax money comes in and much much more of it is free to 'disappear'

I had to work and only had 30 minutes to get an order in.
I was so focused on finding a 4" kit I missed the 3" DarkStar. Picked up a bunch of reloads though.
I love my 3" Wildman but love split fins!
If I had more time to focus I would have picked one up. I would take advantage of that if a second chance came up.

I think it'd be a good idea. What I'd really like to see is another sale in Feb/March when my tax return comes in :) BS is a nice sale, but most of my cash is tied up in gifts for others. Tax money comes in and much much more of it is free to 'disappear'

I would be down for a Tax Refund sale.

Yes. What he said. I didn't get any kits during BSS.

Adrian

This is one of those things that I SO would want to happen, yet I SO don't want it to.

ya know what I mean?

s6

How about the Saturday before Christmas? At least I'll have my Christmas bonus by then.

Dennis

I'd be down for a second Chance sale... Mainly because I didn't really understand how awesome the HED was until I saw your build thread. I'd charge it and pay it off with tax refund... And I had no clue there was a punisher sport!!

tax refund sale would be awesome, but with my luck would be two days before my return arrives. Tricky to time that one right unless it was after the time most would have those back. And by then a lot of us would have spent the money elsewhere.

Yeah ..would love that too, but needs to be a News Years day event.

It would be nice if Recon stuff was included too, and some WM components.

Kenny

Last edited:
I might be able to afford motors and hardware by then. I know my dad wanted a ton of hardware but thought the sale went later

A tax refund sale would be great, and probably ensure that most have us have filed about 2 days after the W2s arrive.

Jim, I mentioned it in another thread, but I think the smart thing would be to do a Wildman spring sale in addition to the bss. Even if he put the sale back on I am tapped right now, and through Christmas. Get me to February or March and things should be looking different.

I really think Tim, and all of his customers, would be best served by two big sales per year. I know Tim, Jackie, and yes Troj might not agree, but sales=money. I expect Tim to price items to sell yet make money on them so a sale would help all concerned.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

First off Tim has no idea I did this. [Oh, I'm sure he will tomorrow]

Second as usual, posters just add on without reading the original post.

Third if it was read... my original post referred to all the kits only... & maybe some stuff that goes with kit building..... not a full blown everything sale.

Now it's turning into "I think it should be a ________ day sale on this___ after _____day or refund day.

I was just testing the waters for all the guys that missed a kit or 2 due to confusion, lack of understanding or just so darn many kits to go through, hoping to get them a second chance....not start another full blown sale... that my friends ain't happening.

There also were quite a few folks that did not understand what H.E.D. was [head end deployment] & it just meant dual-deploy, passing over those kits, now wishing they had not.

So yeah many got everything they wanted, but judging by the inquiries I had, there were many more who did not or overlooked some kits not understanding they WERE dual-deploy.

So continue on with your thoughts but keep the above in mind.:wink:

Last edited:
Jim,

I would really like to add on. Sorry that I did not read your original post. It is great that you suggested a full blown everything sale. Tim will love it. Troj and Jackie will love it. I think it should be a ________ day sale on this___ after _____day or refund day. Perhaps you can have a full blown sale everyday! Yeah, I am liking this.

(just kidding for anyone not reading the entire post) :cool:

I was going to get a recon drogue parachute but was working on my phone and only managed to get a couple Aeropack retainers. I think when I was looking the Recon Drogue said call for the price... Maybe it was too good to post? Probably would have done some reloads too but didn't have time as I was out of town.

bottom line, if there is another chance to buy another 3" Darkstar or a Saab, I will probably bite.

Jim,

I would really like to add on. Sorry that I did not read your original post. It is great that you suggested a full blown everything sale. Tim will love it. Troj and Jackie will love it. I think it should be a ________ day sale on this___ after _____day or refund day. Perhaps you can have a full blown sale everyday! Yeah, I am liking this.

(just kidding for anyone not reading the entire post) :cool:

Read the post! This isn't what he said! He asked if we'd be interested in an Everything's Free on the 4th of July Sale. So stop making stuff up!

I'm personally not getting a rocket, even at the awesome sale prices. But I think you should do the second chance sale, even if it's limited to the kits. I've seen enough posts in various threads about regrets on missing out on kits because of mix ups and bad timing, so it would be great to offer a second chance.

And if you also decided to offer a second chance on some hardware, I wouldn't complain...

Thanks for raising the question, CJ.

Did I mention I missed the whole thing due to being out of town? :kill:

I'd buy a kit or two for sure. I'd either grab the SAAB-RB05a-98 alone, or go for volume and grab the Eagle Claw Sport + SAAB-RB05a Sport + maybe one more like a BH38. I really should grab something for the Crazy Jim Drag race at Thunda Downunder. Apparently it needs to take an L2 motor, may need to get to 10k' in a hurry, and I need to launch it while I drink rum and talk like a pirate. If a 3" Darkstar can take a Pro54 6GXL case, it may be the one, Matey. :boat:

Not sure what an Interceptor aad-98 is..

As mentioned in the "other thread", I was really regretting not picking up some Recon gear and wishing for a second chance. Now...if I happened to add another kit or two to even out the shipping..

Cheers,
Michael

Back