Minimum BT Size for Jolly Logic Altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
Working on a science fair project idea for my daughter and would need an altimeter. What is the minimum BT diameter I could use with the Jolly Logic?

Working on a science fair project idea for my daughter and would need an altimeter. What is the minimum BT diameter I could use with the Jolly Logic?

I just bought a bunch of Apogee Apprentices to use in my son's SF project. Altimeter2 is a snug fit. I don't know what Estes equivalent BT it has, but it is 24mm I.D.

I think a BT-50 (0.976" outer diameter, 0.95" inner diameter) is about the smallest that can hold the current Altimeter One/Two models.

I just grabbed my current-type AltimeterTwo (and a couple of others) to check. The current AltimeterOne/Two/Three case fits in Centuri ST-8 easily (this is a bit smaller than BT-50) but won't go in BT-20. The Estes Altimeter is similarly constrained - just a bit too big to go into BT-20. The original-sized AltimeterOne/Two WILL go in BT-20.

FWIW, the new PerfectFlite FireFly also fits in BT-20. That one reads out by counting flashes of an LED rather than a digital display but is light, inexpensive and simple to use. Of course, nothing really beats a Jolly Logic device in that respect.

Back