Rocketry Warehouse Black Friday - Thank You

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone built a 38 Special yet and have a picture? Just curious what they look like built. Mine started heading this way, then was mis-sorted and headed to New York. Now its on the way back, with about a week delay.

Anyone built a 38 Special yet and have a picture? Just curious what they look like built. Mine started heading this way, then was mis-sorted and headed to New York. Now its on the way back, with about a week delay.

Just saw a 38 special this weekend, don't have a pic but looked very clean and simple build, I'm thinking of buying a few for me and my kids, too bad I missed the sale

Who got my other fin? :wink: Just got to open up the V2 I got on Black Friday and there were only 3 fins in the package:(

Last edited:
Who got my other fin? :wink: Just got to open up the V2 I got on Black Friday and there was only 3 fins in the package:(

ROFL, same thing happened to me. I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet; they're probably still pretty busy.

I opened up my box today and i'm totally impressed! The fit, finish, and quality is superb. I know that other vendor has been claiming his new tubing is the best but this stuff is better than the two new kits i have from him. Thanks RW for such a great sale!

I opened up my box today and i'm totally impressed! The fit, finish, and quality is superb. I know that other vendor has been claiming his new tubing is the best but this stuff is better than the two new kits i have from him. Thanks RW for such a great sale!

I totally agree. I too got a kit from that other vendor... and I have to say that my Broken Arrow 54 parts are of better quality... less fiberglass dust and residue, and perfectly clean, straight and square cuts throughout. I was pleasantly surprised to see stepped fiberglass bulkheads included as well. I love the colored fiberglass - the red nose cone is just plain awesome! I can't wait to start building, thanks RW! :)

Another "thumbs up" for the stepped fibreglass bulkheads. I've built a few RW kits (mostly kit-bashed), and I grabbed a Scarab a ways back to do yet another kit-bash. It arrived with the stepped bulkheads - very nice I thought. Of course, I'm not using them for THIS rocket but they've already found their way onto another one (a kit-bashed Wildman Sport converted to dual-deploy).

This is most definitely NOT a bash on "that other vendor" - I've always been very pleased with the quality and service I've gotten from them too. Excellent stuff. I haven't seen any of the "new/improved" bits from them yet, but they've always been great in the past, and if they are now even better, well then I say "great!"

s6

Last edited:
I agree, the fit and finish of my 4" and 3" kits are terrific.

I've been trying to reach Rocketry Warehouse for over 3 weeks now regarding a missing item from my Black Friday order that they charged me for, but was missing from the order (missing item is a Aeropack 3 in. Airframe to 54mm MMT tube Tailcone retainer, as I ordered a bunch of non sale items with my sale items). I've reached out to them on email several times with zero response ... very disappointing, as they are typically very responsive. All I can think is they don't believe me and think I'm trying to pull a fast one on them, which is absurd.

Just curious if anyone else is getting the "silent treatment" from RW on missing Blk Friday order item(s)??

I've been trying to reach Rocketry Warehouse for over 3 weeks now regarding a missing item from my Black Friday order that they charged me for, but was missing from the order (missing item is a Aeropack 3 in. Airframe to 54mm MMT tube Tailcone retainer, as I ordered a bunch of non sale items with my sale items). I've reached out to them on email several times with zero response ... very disappointing, as they are typically very responsive. All I can think is they don't believe me and think I'm trying to pull a fast one on them, which is absurd.

Just curious if anyone else is getting the "silent treatment" from RW on missing Blk Friday order item(s)??

No,
I also got 2 minors items missing. After 1 day, they replied (sent 12/24/2014 and received the day after):

"we have been super crazy up until the last minute before Christmas. We are very sorry for the missing parts and will ship them right out.

I want to let you know we are taking the week off between Christmas and New Year as we have worked every day since Black Friday getting orders sent out.

I hope you will understand and we will get the missing parts right out after the New Year
."

They always have fast answer with me over the years. I'm very happy with their business.

Last edited:
That's the same email I got regarding my missing part being shipped out after the New Year. It was about 8 days after my message, but I got it. They have been swamped by orders.

No,
I also got 2 minors items missing. After 1 day, I got replied from them (sent 12/24/2014 and received the day after):

"we have been super crazy up until the last minute before Christmas. We are very sorry for the missing parts and will ship them right out.

I want to let you know we are taking the week off between Christmas and New Year as we have worked every day since Black Friday getting orders sent out.

I hope you will understand and we will get the missing parts right out after the New Year
."

They always have fast answer with me over the years. I'm very happy with their business.

Just a gentle reminder to those of you with missing parts...

1) Before posting, you are expected to have contacted the vendor, and given them at least a week to respond and resolve the issue. Be fair, and give them an honest chance to fix the issue. Be reasonable in your expectations. Provide a date on which you initiated contact, and how you did so. Trying several contact methods is highly encouraged -- be fair.

Remember, everyone makes a mistake now and then. Before posting about it, give them a chance to fix it.

If you've not contacted them yet, please do so. But also keep in mind what others have posted - the RW folks are closed this week, so don't expect a reply until next Monday, soonest. If you don't get an email, give 'em a phone call. I've talked with Floyd once; seems like a nice guy, and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

-Kevin

I'm missing a set of fins, centering rings and bulkheads. Sent an email yesterday since I finally had a chance to go through all of it, but I won't expect a reply until after the new year. Not a big deal for me since they are not going to be built for a while yet anyway. After all that, they deserve a week or two off!

Let me first start by apologizing to anyone that has missing parts or mess-ups of any kind. We are human just like the next guy and yes we make mistakes. The sheer number of orders did help increase the incident of error (however still small 3-4%). We worked up until Christmas Eve to get orders shipped, and now are taking a little break until New Years. We will get all the errors fixed starting Jan 2. Again I apologize for the trouble and look forward to making ever customer happy. If at anytime you are not happy and do not want to wait the short time for missing part we will be happy to give you a refund.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Great job as always RW!! Thanks for working hard and explaining everything to your customers!

Preston

Let me first start by apologizing to anyone that has missing parts or mess-ups of any kind. We are human just like the next guy and yes we make mistakes. The sheer number of orders did help increase the incident of error (however still small 3-4%). We worked up until Christmas Eve to get orders shipped, and now are taking a little break until New Years. We will get all the errors fixed starting Jan 2. Again I apologize for the trouble and look forward to making ever customer happy. If at anytime you are not happy and do not want to wait the short time for missing part we will be happy to give you a refund.

Thank You
Sales Dept

Thank You
Sales Dept

You deserve a break! That was an awesome sale and orders were shipped out faster than i expected!

Thanks for the response & logical explanation RW. I understand completely now, and of course I'm fine with getting my missing tailbone retainer early in the new year ... have a good holiday break between now and then! Again, I was simply concerned that three weeks had elapsed from my initial contact to your Sales Dept., and in the ensuing couple of weeks I had sent some reminders, with no response, thus my concern & post.

Keep up the great work, and my only advice would be to add to your business protocol, particularly for a big sale like this that will generate hundreds of orders, a process to "herd" all the e-mail's on order inquiries and set-up a simple response mechanism (possibly automated batch e-mail response?) that lets those customers know that their inquiry has been received, explain the situation, and let them know when to expect a reply / response on their inquiry. Then you won't have semi-impatient knuckleheads like me badgering you with multiple e-mail's and then jumping to incorrect conclusions. ;-)

Thanks again for the response and for the great sale event!

Happy New Year to All!!

Paul Parkes
TRA #12911
NAR #49345
Level 2

Back