Black sales: what did y'all get?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketgeek101

Reaction score
This is the thread to post what you bought during the black sales!

I'll start:

I only ended up partaking in Widman's sale(s) but spent WAY more then I should have. Other then motors I'm set for the year I think (yeah right!).

Anyway here's what I bought (so far... still got Missileworks' sale to look forward to)

-Darkstar Jr.

-The new 3" Punisher

-38 and 54mm Aeropacks for above rockets

-54-38mm AeroPack adapter for Punisher

-Recon 30 and 2 12" Top Flight chutes.

-Some 3/8" tubular Kevlar.

-Various odds and ends ( Rail buttons, shear pins, Nomex protectors etc.)

-CTI Pro-38 6XL case, an XL spacer and two regular spacers (So now with the 4 grain case I already have, I can fly any 38mm 2grain through to 6XL grain reload CTI makes:)

3 inch Darkstar
I also snagged a Loki case, but not on sale. Loki 38-240.

Tons of stuff I also don't need!
Vindicator jr
3" Darkstar
-6 AT SU G's
-H159G, H163WT, G250Vmax
-I297 and another I for a project I'm working on.

3 inch Dark Star purchased, still considering Punisher and harness. I am sure I will get some 38mm motors too but I have not settled on a 54mm strategy yet.

Probably went relatively light this Black Sales--got tired of the angst of previous years, plus getting up too early to be there as the sales went live (Vegas is PST). Anyway, here goes.

- Eggfinder TRS (really excited about this one--thanks to Conman for assembly offer)
- Eggfinder Tx and LCD Rx
- Wildman V-2 2.6" kit (Thank You, Tim--been waiting for a V-2 kit in this size for a long time)
- Aeropack 54mm tailcone retainer (for a 3" Wildman Blackstar bought last year)
- RT 29/360 case
- [Planned Monday] Missile Works RRC3, RRC2+ and 4" 3D printed sled

I only bought things that I needed... so I got NOTHING!!!

Although the only real thing I wanted/needed was a 4" dia. / 75mm MMT rocket like a Wildman Extreme, I'm glad I didn't wait for what was not to be, and I went ahead and pulled the trigger a few other items:

1. 5" dia. / 98mm MMT Broken Arrow with Aeropack retainer
  2. 3" dia. / 54mm MMT Punisher with Aeropack Tailcone retainer
  3. 2.6" dia. / 38mm MMT dual-deploy Screech
  4. Miscellaneous CTI 54mm hardware
  5. RocketPoxy combo kit with fluorescent dyes

One of the DYOK things from RW... comparing components at regular retail, tis a really good deal on parts. I also don't have any fears of cutting the fins out....

Got it with a longer upper section, the 5:1 ogive cone and a 54mm mount. The 3' long strip of G10 will fit on my router so I can cut the fins all at once. Might take advantage of the situation and design some entirely curved fins. Don't know how many fins yet, didn't get the tube with slots in it. I think we can slot it, somehow!

Or maybe my girl will take it and use it for her L2...

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

I bought a couple AV bays from addictive aerospace. I might buy a couple altimeters.

My acquisitions are pretty mundane -- CTI 75/3grain and CTI 75/6XL motor sets. Adding to the collection; I've got everything up through 54/6XL, so I'm working on fleshing out the 75 and 98 sets.

-Kevin

Madcow 1.6 Black Brant & Batary. Wildman V2 Sport (2), Intimidator Mini (replacement), & Punisher. 2 Sleds from Additive, and LOTS OF Nomex blankets, Aeropacks, and kevlar!
Still Considering a Egg Finder LCD system.

19840 Ns of propellant for LRDS Sebastian. Woo Hoo

Greg

Final haul -
3 inch Dark Star with auxiliary hardware
Punisher with Hawk harnesses
Leviathan with Flutterby kicker to hit free shipping mark
4 Archetype cutters
2 Eggtimers
1 Eggfinder

Excited to build! One day I will need some motors too.

Really wanted the mini eagle claw but missed the wed wildman sale, and was nice to see the sport eagle claw on his sat sale. So I got one with the motor/case bundle and a retainer and some pro29 H87 Imax and AT29 40-120 G53-7fj reloads.

Also picked up some kits from the Estes sale the other day. They already showed up in the mail friday! Couple mega skeeters, KIT BASH, and couple cosmic explorers.

Pretty much didn't have a lot of extra funds this year, but still did ok and will keep me busy this winter.

Have fun everyone and enjoy the holidays!

See ya,
Rod

LOC Caliber, CTI 29mm and 38mm hardware, two Mega Mosquitos and a couple small (cheap) Estes kits for the free shipping.

Really need to get my workshop expanded in the spring now. :)

Wildman (the Colombian Enabler of Rocketry)

2 of the 2.6 V2's
a couple of L265MY's
an M840
RocketPoxy Special
ProLine Epoxy Pint set

Rocketry Warehouse

24" of 5" Red
16" of 5" red coupler
(My 5" Jart now will accept the 75mm 6Gr (M840))

Wildman (the Colombian Enabler of Rocketry)

2 of the 2.6 V2's
a couple of L265MY's
an M840
RocketPoxy Special
ProLine Epoxy Pint set

Rocketry Warehouse

24" of 5" Red
16" of 5" red coupler
(My 5" Jart now will accept the 75mm 6Gr (M840))

Oh my... :y:

All my purchases were stuff to fly rockets, no kits. Not all on sale, but...

58" Topflight chute & 18x18 Nomex (JonRocket)
2 Cable cutters (yardsale from NH4ClO4)
6 extra SS Pistons, 2 extra e-match caps (Archetype)
54-1280 AT motor and some reloads (BuyRocketMotors.com)
38-480 and 54-852 Roushtech cases (Wildman, I'm a sucker for blue cases)

Debating: RRC2+ and 38 mm sled

I have to say, it was fairly absurd how much I spent. I just "rediscovered" model rocketry about 3 weeks ago, and all of a sudden I had this urge to catch up on what I missed out the last 3 decades...and then I found out about the Black Friday deals everybody was having!

I want to thank all the dealers who had sales, and I probably should thank all the dealers who didn't have sales, as well...don't worry, at this rate, I'll be buying lotsa stuff from everybody, whether you had a sale or not...my wallet is aching...

I got a ton of motors from Wildman's Black Saturday sale. Now I just need the rockets and the hardware that these motors are for. The rockets I want weren't on sale, and the hardware went off sale before I could pull the trigger --- so all of that is going on the Christmas list!

A couple of Estes rockets (MIRV and Argent)
A couple of cable cutters
A bunch of small chutes and nomex
a 38mm reload
Pro 75 Gen 2 starter set
Pro 98 6GXL complete motor
75mm reload to take my level 2 rocket to it's MD conclusion.
Proline 4500
Rocketpoxy

I'm also looking at Missileworks on Monday.

Back