CJ's "PUNISHER" build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
"THE PUNISHER "IS HERE! Build & PiCs begins Post #15 !

This is the post where I show the parts & finished mock up of Wildman's [ ??.00 ]special for BlackSat.

It is one of the new additions to the Wildman fleet. Designed to knock performance out of the ball park or fly small motors with big motor results.:smile:

You don't want to miss this one. The first in a new line of DD utilizing a new lightweight, heat resistant with phenolic tip nose cone.
Same material phenolic nozzles are made from, so heat should not be an issue, nor keeping a metal tip centered. [yes Von Karmon]

The tip will be threaded to accept a 1/4 in eyebolt, so you have an attachment point for the main chute right out of the NC!

The NC has no shoulder built on it. The first 3in of NC are same OD as airframe & the first 3in ID are made to accept spiral wound coupler [G-12] . Perfect fit, with smooth transition from cone to airframe.
It has a built in ledge or stop on the inside to prevent the shoulder/coupler from wedging itself in the cone! Pretty slick.

You no longer need an av-bay or payload, [or use a payload & av-bay if you desire] as you now use the NC coupler with BP's as the av-bay! Build the NC coupler just like a normal av-bay...with BP's on both ends, altimeter sled inside, arranged the same way you are familiar with.
Slide the completed av-bay/ NC shoulder into the NC after attaching recovery gear.
The NC gets shear-pinned to the coupler with the main & shock cord neatly packed inside! Wildman calls this H.E.D. head end deploy.
[or simply DD utilizing the nose cone]

There is a vent band just like regular av-bay for vents ...switches etc. And due to the first several inches of the NC being same diameter as the airframe, your vents holes are actually far enough away from cone , no worry about turbulence messing up readings of altimeters!

You immediately lose a couple pounds of weight......No more payload & av-bay. Less drag.....shortened rocket.

I foresee some really high flights with this set up.

Also light weight thin-wall construction through out, will further add to more altitude and performance.

So tomorrow, as soon as the Sale begins......so will the build thread, so you can see, how simple high performance will be to build!

Just as gasoline prices have now dropped dramatically, so has the cost of flying these new kits.

I think you will find,this is a kit you all have been eagerly waiting for, price...size...and performance wise!:dark:

Let the build begin...................... tomorrow......... SAT. after the sale starts!

Last edited:

The tip will be threaded to accept a 1/4 in eyebolt, so you have an attachment point for the main chute right out of the NC! ...

WILDMAN would actually look at that first for motor retention ! :dark:

Kenny

I look forward to all of your build threads.

---------------------
Join us at: rocketrysouthcarolina.com

Cool. Those new cones sound pretty sweet. Might have to get one of these (whatever they are) tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Sorry Nate, No.....it's a "how to'' not a "what is it".....Lol

Right, right, well I guess we'll know soon enough, lol!! T-10hrs!

I look forward to the build thread, thanks for everything Jim!

Nate

Anyone know which kit CJ is referring to? I can't find any "special" on the website.

YES....the 89.00 dual deploy PUNISHER!

DSCN3615.jpg

The baddest new 3in out there....designed with performance and fun in mind!

3in rocket with 54mm hole. Light enough for small 38's yet will still Punish the sky with 6xl 54's!

All thin wall new tubing....even the motor mount ...everything to help save weight, a rockets bane, & enhance total performance!

great for L-1 & L-2 flying, you're gonna want this one in your fleet. Easy to buy, easy to build,easy to fly!

3in Hi Temp Von Karmon polycarbonate NC with phenolic tip [threaded for 1/4in eyebolt]
33in 3in new thin wall spiral wound G-12 airframe
1 in. vent band
2 black anodized Aluminum bulk plates
6in coupler/av-bay
3 high performance super beveled 1/8in fins......look familiar?
Thin wall 54mm motor mount
2 Cr's
DSCN3451.jpg

Finished and painted weighs only 4.3lbs!
Ready to PUNISH the sky!:dark:

DSCN3632.jpg

When ordering don't forget:

rail buttons [1010]
3ft of Kevlar strap for Y-harness to motor mount
30 or 40 in Recon Recovery chute [soft or hard surface landings]
or
Top flight 45in chute

12in nomex chute protector.
1/4in kevlar shock cord
15ft [5yrds] for main
24ft [8yrds] for apogee

Aero-Pac 54 motor retainer

Last edited:
YES....the 89.00 dual deploy PUNISHER!

View attachment 247794

The baddest new 3in out there....designed with performance and fun in mind!

3in rocket with 54mm hole. Light enough for small 38's yet will still Punish the sky with 6xl 54's!

All thin wall new tubing....even the motor mount ...everything to help save weight, a rockets bane, & enhance total performance!

great for L-1 & L-2 flying, you're gonna want this one in your fleet. Easy to buy, easy to build,easy to fly!

3in Hi Temp Von Karmon polycarbonate NC with phenolic tip [threaded for 1/4in eyebolt]
33in 3in new thin wall spiral wound G-12 airframe
1 in. vent band
2 black anodized Aluminum bulk plates
6in coupler/av-bay
3 high performance super beveled 1/8in fins......look familiar?
Thin wall 54mm motor mount
2 Cr's
View attachment 247793

Finished and painted weighs only 4.3lbs!
Ready to PUNISH the sky!:dark:

View attachment 247795

When ordering don't forget:

rail buttons [1010]
3ft of Kevlar strap for Y-harness to motor mount
30 or 40 in Recon Recovery chute [soft or hard surface landings]
or
Top flight 45in chute

12in nomex chute protector.
1/4in kevlar shock cord
15ft [5yrds] for main
24ft [8yrds] for apogee

Aero-Pac 54 motor retainer

CJ, maybe those needed items should be included in the kit? I understand the Aeropac not being included, but the harnessing...especially for attachment to the motor mount should be included. Just saying...

CJ, does the nose cone come apart? How do you connect the harness?

Dual deploy utilizing the newly designed NC, exclusive to Wildman. This will be the same for the 4in cone also.

Phantom NC showing how the phenolic tip fits.... centered into the built in collar.
new high temp tip.

DSCN3452.jpg View attachment 247800

Tie 2 ft. Kevlar loop to 2in eyebolt and screw into tip for recovery attachment.

See the built in lip/stop for coupler so it can't wedge into NC like the spiral wound type.

DSCN3633.jpg DSCN3452.jpg

Build coupler/shoulder like any av-bay. Fold and store chute into NC. Insert av-bay....shear pin the cone to it. Ready to fly.

DSCN3635.jpg DSCN3636.jpg

More on all this later, gotta go buy some stuff.

At least you can see how it all works smoothy.

Attachments

• DSCN2935.jpg
    DSCN2935.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 751
Holy smokes that kit is so cheap! It looks like it has comparable parts to other Wildman fiberglass kits, too. Am I missing some big detail?

Holy smokes that kit is so cheap! It looks like it has comparable parts to other Wildman fiberglass kits, too. Am I missing some big detail?

Ummmm YES, you are missing something...LOL Quit think'n & pull the trigger.....BUY it or regret it later

IT IS THE BIG DEAL.....THE ONE BLACK SAT. IS ALL ABOUT. A real high quality DD kit, made from the newest high tech parts out here.... including ALUMINUM bulk plates for under.....WAY under 100.00 bucks and I'm going to show you how to build it....no one else has done that!!@#$#ks!

Not a 99.00 special. A 89.00 special.

When flown it will PUNISH all the other 3in 54mm motor mounts KITS!

Last edited:
CJ, maybe those needed items should be included in the kit? I understand the Aeropac not being included, but the harnessing...especially for attachment to the motor mount should be included. Just saying...

Mark.... this question has been asked may times before, the answer is:

It was done before and turned out to be a nightmare. This one wanted to substitute this for that, that one wanted to substitute that for this...etc.
Many fliers already have the supplies needed and companied about having to pay for stuff already in their shop.

This way the price is obscenely cheap, and you can do what you want, with what you have on hand,or pick and choose the parts you wish to buy.

I made Wayne go back and get me one....but "jimbo punisher" just sounds......wrong :grin:

You already got a handle on this. Builds like the "Jimbo Jart".... BUT weighs 3 lbs. less and you can stuff a 6xl monster in the pipe!

Kinda scary thought.... isn't it! Yep... you'll be one up on ole Wayne! Slip this thing in a drag race against Waynes DarkStar and PUNISH him.

Say... BYE... BYE!!!

Ummmm YES, you are missing something...LOL Quit think'n & pull the trigger.....BUY it or regret it later

IT IS THE BIG DEAL.....THE ONE BLACK SAT. IS ALL ABOUT. A real high quality DD kit, made from the newest high tech parts out here.... including ALUMINUM bulk plates for under.....WAY under 100.00 bucks and I'm going to show you how to build it....no one else has done that!!@#$#ks!

Not a 99.00 special. A 89.00 special.

When flown it will PUNISH all the other 3in 54mm motor mounts KITS!

Oh it is a special for today, hah. I was trying to figure out why the 3 inch Dark Star was so much more but clearly I should be comparing sale vs sale price instead of sale vs non sale.

Heck I might want both.

Of course!
Bet we could push 20,000 with a 6xl!:dark:

But then.....finding them would be another story!

Naw, we'll be fine! All we got to do is make sure the tricorders have batteries!

060.jpg

Back