CJ's "PUNISHER" build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I no longer want a Shape Shifter Jr.

I want a Punisher Jr.

Make it happen, please!

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but it's some kind of small Punisher:

baby%20whip.jpg

I thought I was clicking on the Punisher build thread but apparently I hit the Pics Make You LOL one instead!

I want to know what kind of moose you used in your hair, Cuz, it to, has great color and shine

attachment.php

I no longer want a Shape Shifter Jr.

I want a Punisher Jr.

Make it happen, please!

Consider it Done!!!

What kind of paint did you use on this rocket? It has a great color and shine.

Rustoleum all:

2 x Painter touch white primer.....3 light coats....wet sanded 320 down to where tube was showing through. The 1 final cover coat.
2x Painter touch Gloss Apple Red....1 light tack coat....1 normal finish coat 15 minutes later.
Metallic...Black Knight .... 2 separate fog coats....I final normal for coverage...not heavy or the flakes lay down and you lose the effect.

View attachment 247795

I want to know what kind of moose you used in your hair, Cuz, it to, has great color and shine

Clairol "electric moose".................... I used a wire stuck into a 110 outlet.:smile:

Here are some finished pics with the black metallic details added, it's so shiny, especially the black I had a heck of a time getting pics without glare from the finish...... no clear coat needed.

I have some custom "Punisher " vinyl coming in white to finish it off.

The "P" will start on the black band in front of the fins, with the rest of the lettering ahead of that.
Finally "Punisher" style skulls will go on the large black fin stripes.

I also did something a bit different on The NC a curved band that end in a point. I really like this rocket.....

.......it just looks wicked evil fast just standing still!

Attachments

• DSCN3640.jpg
    DSCN3640.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCN3646.jpg
    DSCN3646.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 442
  • DSCN3659.jpg
    DSCN3659.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN3666.jpg
    DSCN3666.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN3670.jpg
    DSCN3670.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 422
Grants rocketry wishes and shoots out TV tubes with a 1911...You are my hero! LOL!

Thanks, Jim!

Why thank you sir....kinder words have never been spoken. I've always dreamed of going "Elvis" on a TV!

By the way.....The "Punisher" Sport does have a 38mm motor mount.

mine will be with a 28" J hybrid. Shall works well in the new deployment design, will see.

I just wonder where is the SAAB build thread from Dr. Reese? :kill:

Last edited:
Subscribed! With the wild wednesday sale I had to get one.

Playing with the openrocket file, this is one versatile rocket that goes on just about any motor you can stuff in it. It's fun to dig through Wildman's motor lists and then go find that motor in OR and see what it does. 2k and up on altitude. Mild or Wild.

Last edited:
Awesome Jim. Lookis like I know what my next rocket will be. Wasn't looking for a new rocket, but maybe I should have. Missed your great deals. Any idea of what regular retail will be? Your fins look like they have a little extra aerodynamic complexity to them over some of the simpler designs out there. Looks great.

I'm on the road guys..taking my time on the 1000 + miles. I haven't been home since August 6th!

Stopping in O'burg over the weekend to launch this on it's maiden flight and pick up the vinyl.
The original intent was to explain how the H.E.D. worked [dual deploy] in time for the BSS sale.... which it did.

Then after all the flack over missing out on it, I nudged Tim into a second chance deal for all those left out....come on guys, I've been pretty busy with this project all around.

No one has them yet..so what the hecks the big hurry?:wink:

I'll be there Monday and will start to chronicle it all then, along with some real time data on flying!

Jim, you should build yours without a motor mount for full Wildman potential...

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I'm on the road guys..taking my time on the 1000 + miles. I haven't been home since August 6th!

Stopping in O'burg over the weekend to launch this on it's maiden flight and pick up the vinyl.
The original intent was to explain how the H.E.D. worked [dual deploy] in time for the BSS sale.... which it did.

Then after all the flack over missing out on it, I nudged Tim into a second chance deal for all those left out....come on guys, I've been pretty busy with this project all around.

No one has them yet..so what the hecks the big hurry?:wink:

I'll be there Monday and will start to chronicle it all then, along with some real time data on flying!

No worries, Jim. My post was made much more as a lighthearted jest - not a criticism. Sorry if it came out wrong.
Take your time, be safe on the road, and relax when you DO get home. I won't be building mine for a couple of months most likely.
Given how cool this rocket is, your work on it so far is VERY much appreciated.

clear and windless skies,
s6

Is the Punisher a BlackSaturday (and second chance) sale exclusive, or will it eventually be added to the list of regularly stocked wildman kits? I'm asking because I'd like to get my L2 and build an ARLISS-K rocket in the not too distant future.

The punisher looks like it could be the basis of a nice ARLISS capable bird. All it would take is an extra piece (or 2) of tubing, another coupler, bulkheads, and some recovery gear.

Also, are fins TTW, or surface mount?

Jim, you should build yours without a motor mount for full Wildman potential...

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Ummmm........sshh.....I already have another one, carbon, no guts...75minmum.....fincan only weighs 1.45lbs!!!!!

No worries, Jim. My post was made much more as a lighthearted jest - not a criticism. Sorry if it came out wrong.

s6

Oh no.......I didn't, been getting some PM's wanting to know why I'm so slow on this one. Didn't think for a moment you were being rude.

Is the Punisher a BlackSaturday (and second chance) sale exclusive, or will it eventually be added to the list of regularly stocked wildman kits? I'm asking because I'd like to get my L2 and build an ARLISS-K rocket in the not too distant future.

The punisher looks like it could be the basis of a nice ARLISS capable bird. All it would take is an extra piece (or 2) of tubing, another coupler, bulkheads, and some recovery gear.

Also, are fins TTW, or surface mount?

It will be added, once Tim gets caught up with all his orders along with the 10-15 other kits he introduced.[I can't even keep up with him]. There was just so much stuff on that sale, I don't think most of us realize how many kits are new, and all the sizes they can be had in.
For the first time he will now have a full line of 2.6 scale kits and tubing in the new glass parts and NC's....that's an incredible amount of parts added when you think about it.....cones/molds for them, couplers, tubes, CR's etc.
Amazing how fast this transition from old to new supplier is happening, when you think of all the mandrels, molds and parts it entails.
Very exciting time for rocketry with all the new innovation.
Just this new HED [dual deploy] utilizing the new NC....makes for designing scale kits [with-out lengthening them] finally possible and keeping the scale look! Short scale DD kits finally ....yeah!

The Punisher will definitely become part of his stable of kits....if memory serves retail is 125.00-130.00 isn

It's a 3 in airframe with 54mm, so yes TTW [through the wall fin mount to motor tube] But will become available in Mini's, Sport...4in [75 hole] and larger....eventually.

We will have to order some with Wildman West to get the chain started ! <cueing Fleetwood Mac music>

I miss the old Econoline PR kit concept and if the 2.6 kits ship with a 54mm option like the Patriot did..it will be very Vaughn Bros like too.. and totally ROC on some of those 1g 2g 54mm from CTI.

Kenny

Love the idea of 2.6" HED kits with a 38mm mount. Could easily adapt down to 29 and there are some great 38mm motors that would fit. Easy level 1 certs with lots of opportunity to take full advantage of H and I motors without needing to buy a tracker... Just saying...

I delivered to CJ in Orangeburg a set of decals for his punisher .what do you think, does it do it justice.

IMG_20141206_225829_394.jpg

IMG_20141206_225848_569.jpg

Back