Our Children's Future

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

conman13

Reaction score
Ok so here we go! This is a group project between myself, Cody smith (CodySmith), Matt Fletcher (Blackbrandt), David Nagy (Littlemisterbig) and finally Just_Keep_Flying.
It will be a 10.5" rocket standing nearly 18' tall with a 98mm hole in the center. The plan is to fly it at LDRS34 or Red Glare. Well thats some of the basics and I will let everyone else chime in with more info.

View attachment JFC.ork

Do I have much of a choice but to subscribe?

Awesome looking build! Obviously subscribed.

Sounds like a sweet project. Will definitely will be following this build. Good luck on your endeavor.

Wow, I'll be watching!

Good luck guys!

Nate

thanls. forgot to mention i will be glassing tubes + rings + fins

Matt is on the AvBay and electronics

David is on tubes and mmt

Cody is doing recovery gear

Im getting the fiberglass sheet, airframe, motor tube and Eggfinder receiver and transmitter.

That is a huge rocket!

You should call it "Big For Our Britches."

Good luck, guys!

10.5", so I am assuming Sonotube? And seeing as it's Sonotube, who's making the cone and how?

98mm hole, what's the motor choice? I assume you all have a sponsor?

As far as i know, we are getting cardboard tubes from AMW and then glassing them.

The tubes are available from yazoo mills also.

10.5", so I am assuming Sonotube? And seeing as it's Sonotube, who's making the cone and how?

98mm hole, what's the motor choice? I assume you all have a sponsor?

AMW has 10.5" tubes for 25$ and at 50" long its a steal! Just_
keep_Flying is making the nose cone out of foam by turning it down on a lathe and we will fiberglass that when it is done. As for motor were going to try to get in contact with someone to make us an EX motor. On no sponsors here! Between the 5 of us it isn't that expensive of a rocket.

I am going to ask the needed questions: who is the mentor? And who is buying the motor?

I am going to ask the needed questions: who is the mentor? And who is buying the motor?

Were still working that out. Just_Keep_Flying will be going for his L3 at or before LDRS. If he does before he will be the mentor and purchase the motor but if not we will need to find someone. We are going to sort these questions and concerns out before anything starts to get built.

Thanks. I just want to put that out front before you get too far. Good luck.

We are looking at a mid M motor for it's first flight. It will be low and slow to only about 2,000-3,000 ft

Thanks. I just want to put that out front before you get too far. Good luck.

No, I understand the questions must be asked. Well let everybody know what turns out happening.

We are looking at a mid M motor for it's first flight. It will be low and slow to only about 2,000-3,000 ft
If the design is an 18' x 10.5" rocket you could probably throw it higher than that. :wink:
With that kind of flight, you should get Bryce Chanes on your team!

Were looking at a mid range M impulse motor. As we will be using an EX motor our goal is to get it using a Alumnaflame propellant.
If you're using Alumaflame you might as well make it an N...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back