MMX impulse range

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFAIK, no...

1/8A is a pretty small "power band"... if you power up any, you're going to be in 1/4A territory... if you power down any, you might as well do stomp rockets... (air powered).

AFAIK, there's only the 2 second delay... again, 3 seconds would be too long for the limited power, and 1 second is so short, why bother... you could probably get more altitude from a stomp rocket if your model is that heavy/draggy to need a 1 second delay...

I DID hear that they're supposed to come out with micromaxx booster motors... "Dash zero" (-0) types...

Micromeister is the unquestioned authority here... hope he chimes in... :)

Later! OL JR :)

AFAIK, no...

1/8A is a pretty small "power band"... if you power up any, you're going to be in 1/4A territory... if you power down any, you might as well do stomp rockets... (air powered).

AFAIK, there's only the 2 second delay... again, 3 seconds would be too long for the limited power, and 1 second is so short, why bother... you could probably get more altitude from a stomp rocket if your model is that heavy/draggy to need a 1 second delay...

I DID hear that they're supposed to come out with micromaxx booster motors... "Dash zero" (-0) types...

Micromeister is the unquestioned authority here... hope he chimes in... :)

Later! OL JR :)

There are currently 3 Micro Maxx motors available: The original MMX-I brown plastic casing 1/8A.2-1 (.163Ns .913-1.07s delay), Newer MMX-II rolled gray casing 1/8A.5-1 (.284Ns .854s delay) . and our current "Booster" is an after market altered and certified by Quest MMX-II with the ejection charger removed, but still has the .854s delay. this motor designation 1/8A.5-1-NE (.284Ns)

Many of us Micro flyer would LOVE to have a 3 or even 4 second delay for compeititon flying. but alas there just isn't room in the casing for the additional delay.
There are 3 and 4 second staging timers but the packaging makes them too large to fit in minimum diameter models and the additional mass of the super caps or batteries cancel out any coast time gained.

There are currently 3 Micro Maxx motors available: The original MMX-I brown plastic casing 1/8A.2-1 (.163Ns .913-1.07s delay), Newer MMX-II rolled gray casing 1/8A.5-1 (.284Ns .854s delay) . and our current "Booster" is an after market altered and certified by Quest MMX-II with the ejection charger removed, but still has the .854s delay. this motor designation 1/8A.5-1-NE (.284Ns)

Many of us Micro flyer would LOVE to have a 3 or even 4 second delay for compeititon flying. but alas there just isn't room in the casing for the additional delay.
There are 3 and 4 second staging timers but the packaging makes them too large to fit in minimum diameter models and the additional mass of the super caps or batteries cancel out any coast time gained.

Interesting... learn something new everyday...

Thanks!

MMX is intriguing but I haven't gotten into it yet... my fave tube size is BT-60 thru 80... MMX seems awful "tiny" to me and hard to grab my imagination... :)

Still cool though! OL JR :)

Back