3x29mm cluster kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CzTeacherMan

Reaction score
With all these sales popping up, I want to keep my eyes open for a 3x29mm cluster rocket. Anyone know of such a kit?

Close, try the LOC 4-29SS kit: https://shop.locprecision.com/product.sc?productId=112&categoryId=14

It has 4x29mm motor mounts which is a bit more versatile than a 3x29 configuration since you can cluster 2 motors or 4. You'll be stuck flying clusters of 3 otherwise. There are other benefits of this configuration that I'm sure other's will chime in on...

It's a sweet looking rocket also and I've seen many, it's definitely on my build list.

With all these sales popping up, I want to keep my eyes open for a 3x29mm cluster rocket. Anyone know of such a kit?

upscaleCNC (Wingarcher) on the forum makes a canted 3x29 4" cluster (rings and fins) and I'm sure he can put pretty much whatever fins you want on it. Add a nose cone and airframe and you're ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

No kits come to mind, but you can take a 3" or 4" kit or pile of tubes and make one with these https://www.sunward1.com/29mm-cluster-mount-size

That's exactly what I've been looking for! Didn't know where to find it... I have a pretty sweet custom design, calling it the Troika, going with a very Soviet theme... Asked about kits because I figured I'd just adjust the parts, but the motor mount kit is exactly what I want! Thanks and happy Thanksgiving

CZ,,,
Why don't you look into a 4 X 29mm cluster...
Then you can light the same cluster your interested in,,,
but if you wish,, later,, you can get into airstarting,,,
Light 2 on the pad and 2 in the air....
Very ,, very ,, cool....
I think Loc makes a 4 X 29mm kit...........

Teddy

I got it...

https://shop.locprecision.com/product.sc?productId=112&categoryId=14

Yeah, I hear that... Here's the thing, I'm obsessed with this design:
Call it "Troika":
• 3” Airframe (18” long)
• 3:1 Ogive Nosecone (9” long)
• 27” total length (3 cubed)
• 3 Fins that stand 3” off the airframe
• 3x29mm Motor Mount just long enough for a 3-Grain CTI casing
I'm looking at Rocketry Warehouse's DYOK 3 which is going on BF sale in a few hours. That gives me a lot more than I need, but all the parts I need (except for the mount).
Of course, I'd still need a recovery harness, and you know where I'm going to get that... ;-)

Yeah, I hear that... Here's the thing, I'm obsessed with this design:
Call it "Troika":
• 3” Airframe (18” long)
• 3:1 Ogive Nosecone (9” long)
• 27” total length (3 cubed)
• 3 Fins that stand 3” off the airframe
• 3x29mm Motor Mount just long enough for a 3-Grain CTI casing
I'm looking at Rocketry Warehouse's DYOK 3 which is going on BF sale in a few hours. That gives me a lot more than I need, but all the parts I need (except for the mount).
Of course, I'd still need a recovery harness, and you know where I'm going to get that... ;-)

That's too funny CZ...
Sounds like your're seriously into geometry,,,lol,,, or some form of math...
That's really cool...
I don't build much in the way of kit's anymore...
I'd just prefer build it the way I'd like to build it...
Kit's are for getting a reasonable deal on parts...
You can score 38 mm rockets fairly inexpensive now,, but that's still too much just for the motor mount...
Sounds like your best bet is a deal on a 3" rocket and buy the rest as individual parts.........

If it's any consolation...
When you're done with this,,
you'll have a lota parts left over for a start on the next go round....lol

Teddy

Hey,,,
CZ,,,
I bet anything that you love the Nautilus...........

Last edited:
LOL... I'm more into this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spiral

Yeah, just bought the DYOK3 for $69.99... Couldn't pass up getting everything I needed along with tons of leftover scraps for later...
Now I need to figure out the harness I need. I hear someone has a sale on those... LOL

Wow,, that's really cool...
I was amazed at how many places in nature / the universe you see this same mathematical formation..

You let me know when you're ready CZ...
The only thing more sure then the deal I'll give you is the quality of the harnesses...

[email protected]

Teddy

Back