Favorite sitcom Thanksgiving show

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannot be bested in my opinion. On an aside, what ever happened to Jan Smithers? She was much prettier than Loni Anderson IMHO.

Adrian (Hmmm, wondering if this series is available on blu ray??? This and the Muppet Show would be good to add to the library) :dark:

The show was simulcast on radio....[in Ohio at least]. I was sitting in my car at the mall, while my friend was shopping.

It was even funnier trying to imagine what was happening, when there was no visual & your mind is running rampant.

Anyone remember the "National Lampoon" radio show? That was hilarious also.

Cannot be bested in my opinion. On an aside, what ever happened to Jan Smithers? She was much prettier than Loni Anderson IMHO.

Adrian (Hmmm, wondering if this series is available on blu ray??? This and the Muppet Show would be good to add to the library) :dark:
I never watched the show when it was on as a first-run as reports from my then boss made it sound like just another jiggle comedy. Once I started watching it in reruns, I was happy I gave it a chance.
My preference was for Jan Smithers' Bailey Quarters. Very cute and plausibly realistic. Ends up Loni Anderson was a good comic actress in the series and various men drooling over her looks played beautifully.

Even though the big Thanksgiving joke is factually inaccurate (wild turkeys fly pretty well and Les does report that it was something brown falling from the copter), the delivery is just comic perfection.

Season 1 was released many years ago on DVD but without the original music as played by the DJs; there were problems getting all the rights squared away. Unfortunately, I bought the set and the generic rock they dubbed in really hurts the show. I read that they've recently worked out the music rights and have reissued the first season. Don't know if it's on Blu-Ray but I'm hoping they have some kind of upgrade pricing available for those of us suckers who bought the first issue.

I've come across a few seasons of the Muppets so they're out there.

WKRP recently became available in a four season set on BluRay.

They were able to keep 70% of the music that was originally used in the show.

I watched the Turkey episode today with my family. The BluRay image looks great! :D

[video=youtube;8T8q1w1MT1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8q1w1MT1M[/video]

WKRP recently became available in a four season set on BluRay.

They were able to keep 70% of the music that was originally used in the show.

I watched the Turkey episode today with my family. The BluRay image looks great! :D

I can't seem to find the bluray edition for sale anywhere. Amazon only has the DVD boxed set...

[video=youtube;8T8q1w1MT1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8q1w1MT1M[/video]

Thanks for that.

Adrian

I've seen turkeys fly, graceful they are not.
Rex
They fly somewhat like chickens...only even less gracefully...from the ground to a top fence rail or a low tree branch.

There are a lot of wild turkeys where I live in suburbia and the outlying areas. They don't seem to be particularly afraid of humans unless you try to approach them.

I've had a kite living in the pine tree next to my house for the past few years. It's a big hovering bird of prey, 40" wingspan. I have no rodent problems.

WhiteTailedKite2LR.jpg

Back on topic...

This year's turkey day episode of "The Middle" was pretty funny with a takeoff on the "Christmas Story" where the family goes to have their Thanksgiving dinner at a Chinese all-you-can-eat restaurant/buffet. The story ends with all of the patrons and restaurant staff outside in the parking lot having a snowball fight.

Back