Wago lever nuts for electronics hookup, specifically Raven altimeter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdsnyd

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on using these to wire their altimeters?

Lever nut.png

They are a type of lever nut made by Wago.
I received a few as samples from a demonstration the company did at my work place.
I'm amazed at how secure they hold wire.
I was thinking of using them to wire up a Raven 3. Once all the electrical connections are made to the lever nut, I would secure it to the sled with zip ties.

One of my only concerns is the maximum number of terminals that they come in is 5. With 4 charges, I would need 6 terminals to hook up a Raven the recommended way. Unless I twisted some leads together. However, I've heard that twisting wires together can lead to high impedance and lead to problems igniting the charges.

Let me know what you all think!
Thanks,
Dave

Have used them around home. I use them in a junction box to hold them in place. Not had any issues as long as the cable is thick enough.

Strip
Insert
Close
Repeat

Have used them for LED down lights on daisy chain. Total of 10 lights in my front room was wired up within 30 mins. That's cable drop, cut, join and job done time for a brew

Do they have any vibration certification data?

That was one of the questions I had as well. I have an inquiry into Wago asking just that. I'll post back if I get a reply.

This is right off their website:

UL Listed, touch-proof LEVER-NUTS® carry ratings up to 600 V, 20 A max current capacity and 105°C insulating material temperature. CAGE CLAMP® Compact Spring Pressure ensures maintenance-free, vibration-resistant connections.

An impressive amount of force is required to lift the orange lever to in turn release the wire it's holding.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

These look brilliant. All the pictures only show one side of the lever nut. What's the connection on the other side? Solder pad? Screw block/lever terminal? Common bus?

Nothing on the other side. All of the wires connected to the block are connected to one another. So, I guess you could say common bus.
Thanks,
Dave

Back