Binder Design Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not all of them come with an avionics bay, I believe. But I expect you could add an ebay to any of them. I like the excel dd with a 54mm motor mount...

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

There's a pull down menu to let you upgrade to a 54mm motor mount for another $10. But there's a lot to be done with this rocket in 38mm. It loves the Loki I405, for example...

I have the Devastator Retro with the aluminum bell nozzle and dual deploy. Mike has been fair with me in trying to resolve some issues so I would definitely buy more. As for the kit, it is a very complete and well organized kit, I have been busy with building many kits at once so I only have the fincan assembled but the plywood components are very high quality.

The Binder Design kits are absolutely top notch. I have four of them (Velociraptor, Galaxy, Excel, California Kid). Extremely good materials, well thought out kits, and a seller who actually is an avid rocketeer. Mike is top notch for help as well.

Mike is also a EX flyer of the highest caliber. Makes some things almost of legend (rumor has it his goal is a 24mm L motor :wink:). Seriously, I've read that his exploits in rocket motors define the edge of insanity.

Be sure to look at his Black Friday sale thread. The excel dd doesn't qualify, but there are some cool kits that would...

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I have the a Devastator and an avionics bay to go with it for dual deploy. Also a regular Excel 38. Both are nice kits. Avionics bay lists at 3.9 in. Don't know if it would work with the 4 inch kits.

I'll add to the list. I have a few of the smaller ones; 29mm. I have the Excel Jr. the Stealth Jr. and the Aurora. Add great kits, they go together easily, are nicely packaged, nice Chutes..

the stealth, by far, gets the most flights.

I've got a 2.6" Dragonfly (perhaps the one of the last ones to be ever built as they've been discontinued). Mike's been very supportive in my downscales of his designs, and like other people are saying, his parts are first rate. I can't wait to be able to pick up a Velociraptor and a Raptor... I just hope I don't have any problems w/exporting/importing them (I may be in Taiwan or China before I can get'em).

Anyone know how high the Velociraptor and Excellerator fly on H's and I's? I'd really like to try a Binder kit, but keep it on fairly low impulse motors initially.

Back