The Bestest Wife !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbones

Reaction score
OK Folks - I have to give a shout out to my wife of 15 years !:clap::clap::clap:

Ever since I got back in to rocketry she has supported me, but as far as buying me rocket related things - that is some thing that she has :flyingpig:NEVER:flyingpig: done. She has moved money around so that I could buy things that were going to be on sale so I could get the best deal. She has let me run off to Vegas for a weekend trip to T.A.P. a Level 3 Cert, not complained when I have driven 3 hours just to fly one rocket, and even attended a few launches with me but she has :flyingpig: Never Ever :flyingpig: bought me a rocket related gift - EVEN when that was all that I asked for !

The other day we were talking and I was looking at the rocket related finances trying to figure out how to juggle a few things around so I could take advantage of the Black Friday sale on the EggFinder Kits. You know - the real nice EggFinders with the LCD and all the nice stuff to go with it - - - Yep Those !

Well I was sitting there looking at things and talking with her and she asked what it was that I was wanting so I brought up the https://www.eggtimerrocketry.com web site and showed her what I wanted and how much it cost and went back to looking at finances.

She waked out of the room and into the kitchen, I never really paid attention since it was dinner time and I thought she was checking on stuff. She then walked back in tot he Living Room and said Thanks for ruining the PERFECT :present:Christmas Present:present: !!! and held out her hand which contained a package that had just arrived at her work that day.

One EggFinder RX/TX Kit with LCD !!!

Gentlemen - You may claim to have the most awesomest wife around - but you are WRONG - - - I HAVE HER !!!

She heard me over talking with some rocket buddies a few weeks earlier and contacted a different (at this time unknown to me) person and started asking questions about what I was talking about and where to get it. They led her to EggTimerRocketry who she then called and talked to and made the purchase.

The trick is now that I know what I am getting - she has it sitting on the counter right where I can see it and I am NOT allowed to Touch IT !!!!

Well I guess I deserve that much !!!

Wait.

She let you ruin a Christmas present, and she's still letting you keep it?!

Your penance should be having to wait until February before you're allowed to touch it!

-Kevin

I tried to convince her that it would have been OK to let me buy what I was looking at and STILL give me the one she bought me !!!!

Two is better than one RIGHT !!!

I tried to convince her that it would have been OK to let me buy what I was looking at and STILL give me the one she bought me !!!!

Two is better than one RIGHT !!!

You might want to be suspicious. In my household such a gesture would be followed up with and I bought this for myself and the nest part is that it was on sale so I saved a lot of money!

Hi Roy,
Very cool! How do you know that there isn't a second one that Santa may deliver! LOL
Hope your Thanksgiving has something rocketry related involved!
Kevin

I'de like to say somethin' Cynical or whatever, but I'm happy for you, and respect that you have been with your Wife for 15 Years.
Congratulations, that's pretty awesome in my Book!:clap::tree:

Nice my wife of 34 years tops that :)

Due to lack of communication I ended up with 3- 3" Wildman kits here Christmas 2103 lol

I have promised not to buy a single rocket this weekend lol

I may be able to top this story.

Last year before Christmas I implored my bride of 40 years to do something totally out of character: do not buy me anything. She thought I was pulling her leg but I was finally able to con-vince her that I was dead serious, so she reluctantly agreed. I added that our financial situation was rather tight and that I wouldn't be buying any big gifts for her either. What I didn't tell her was that I had already purchased a new, in the box, Estes Saturn-V that I had spotted on Ebay. I had it well hidden in the Man Cave, along with the new 39 inch Samsung HD flat screen television that I had purchased for her. Amazon delivers!

So anyway I gift wrapped the Saturn-V along with a card reading "To Dad, Love Mom", and placed it under the tree on Christmas Eve. (I left the new TV in the Man Cave until the timing was right.)

Christmas Day 2013 finally arrives and the annual disappointment commences. After my son unpacked dozens of boxes of shirts, pants, underware and candies, it was my turn. There was the usual stocking stuffers from my bride but little else. Then my son handed me the long box containing "my gift from Mom". I proceeded to remove the wrapping and show it around, all the while telling my sweetheart how lucky I was to have a girl like her and that she really shouldn't have spent so much on me. It was quite touching.

Then I asked her when the feast would be ready, which was greeted with a less than enthusiastic response. (I think it's called, "The Stink Eye") I had her completely hooked as she disappeared into the kitchen. As soon as the coast was clear, I retrieved the TV and placed it on the fireplace hearth. Then my son told her, "hey mom, there's one more thing for you". When she returned to the living room and I pointed it out to her, she at first didn't know what she was looking at. Then she realized what it was and that I had only been playing one of my childish pranks.

Once I got it all hooked up in our bedroom, she absolutely loved it as the old Zenith was ready to give up the ghost. Of course, we got clobbered by a heavy thunderstorm in April which rotated the antenna away from Dallas and now all we get is Oklahoma stations. I guess I know what I'll buy her this Christmas. :wink:

Last edited:
I think a lot of us have understanding significant others. I brought home a cato'ed rocket from our club's October launch and was told to go out and get another one to replace it. Mind you, I had just brought home an Ultimate Wildman not 3-5 days before that. Three new kits tonight; never batted an eye. She even saw me looking at a massive 8" Darkstar and probably wouldn't have flinched if it showed up on the doorstep. (I would have though.) I just don't ever tell her to stop buying yarn... :grin:

Doug

To expound further on what Doug said in the post above, it seems like most of us here on TRF married up.

Just saying.

Nice my wife of 34 years tops that :)

Due to lack of communication I ended up with 3- 3" Wildman kits here Christmas 2103 lol

I have promised not to buy a single rocket this weekend lol

I wouldn't buy a single rocket either... I'd try to score 4.

I may be able to top this story.

.... Of course, we got clobbered by a heavy thunderstorm in April which rotated the antenna away from Dallas and now all we get is Oklahoma stations. I guess I know what I'll buy her this Christmas. :wink:
Wait! You mean you are going to buy her Dallas???

To expound further on what Doug said in the post above, it seems like most of us here on TRF married up.

Just saying.

Agreed +1 to that!

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Wait! You mean you are going to buy her Dallas???

After watching yesterday's game, Jerry Jones can keep Dallas! Actually, I'm trying to find someone willing to climb up the 40 foot tower and aim the antenna back where it was. If that doesn't work I'll buy her a fly rod and attach rails to the tower so I can fly high power in style!

So on Wildman's Black Wednesday sale, I spent about $100 that I reluctantly admitted to my wife. She didn't mind so much, just looked at me grumpily. Then last night, SHE was the one urging me to buy a DYOK from Rocketry Warehouse... Yep. SHE told me to buy it like 8 times before I finally folded. Best wife ever. Game, set, match.

Back