AMWProX Black Friday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xenon

Reaction score
Gloria asked me to make a post here.

AMWProx.com will be having a Black Friday sale, I believe to be held the entire weekend. Kits, hardware and motors will all be on sale to varying degree. Check out the new Parrot Kit and look for deals on it and other products.

There's a few teasers on the homepage already, but there's also plenty more to come. Be sure to check things out early as some of the items are first come first served on in stock quantities only.

amwprox.com

If I click on the Black Friday sales box it says id 59 not published. I'm trying to understand what is on sale - or are items have sale prices listed?

Les,
We will get these out there, the error is simply because I have have been working on it and need to test the links.
It's actually open now as I work on it so check it out.
Robert

We will get these out there, the error is simply because I have have been working on it and need to test the links.
It's actually open now as I work on it so check it out.

'tis a lotta work to set up the sales, that's for sure!

-Kevin

Sorry its not equivalent to ours we include Kevlar and a parachute and use a much higher quality tubing

So you include a parachute I wouldn't choose and kevlar I will replace with a longer piece. Not seeing the value there.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

So you include a parachute I wouldn't choose and kevlar I will replace with a longer piece. Not seeing the value there.

In a kit that small, what else would you use besides the 18" chute and 1/8" Kevlar that AMW suggests (and Tim includes)? I'm honestly curious, I haven't found anything better than these supplies."

The Parrot looks nice! I am excited to see what you guys come up with as far as larger kits go. Something solidly into the L1 range would be nice...
I hoped for a sale on CTI reloads that I could pick up, but I guess I will just get them at the December launch.

I hoped for a sale on CTI reloads that I could pick up, but I guess I will just get them at the December launch.

I am seeing reloads at a lower price. I know some small reloads I purchased on site for $20 show up as $17, so about 15% off. Not sure if that holds across the board.
So you may want to buy now and request they hold for delivery at your launch

In a kit that small, what else would you use besides the 18" chute and 1/8" Kevlar that AMW suggests (and Tim includes)? I'm honestly curious, I haven't found anything better than these supplies."

I might be inclined toward a thin-mil chute and i tend to favor fruitychutes in any case. Or I might choose a different color. I choose a longer shock cord than most kits provide.

Last edited:

looks like the chute and cord are not included so you can get whatever you want. at $30 you can pick the chute you want and cord you want and still be around the same price as wilman's kits, but you pick. that's a good deal!

By the way I like a 15" cute on these light weight 38mm kits. gets them down closer to home and the fiberglass can handle the landing, especially if the fins don't stick out below the motor retainer.

any idea when larger kits will be out?? I too am looking for a solid L1 DD rocket.

looks like the chute and cord are not included so you can get whatever you want. at $30 you can pick the chute you want and cord you want and still be around the same price as wilman's kits, but you pick. that's a good deal!

By the way I like a 15" cute on these light weight 38mm kits. gets them down closer to home and the fiberglass can handle the landing, especially if the fins don't stick out below the motor retainer.

any idea when larger kits will be out?? I too am looking for a solid L1 DD rocket.

Yes I know, that was my point.

Love the parrot

Last edited:
Yes I know, that was my point.

Love the parrot

oh man, I didn't see wildman had commented and you had replied to his comment. my bad. hopefully our favorite vendors can remember the spirit of Thanksgiving and not get too caught up in the sales. I now as a customer that can be difficult, I can't imagine being a vendor with an insane amount of money on the line.

See our web page tomorrow for these specials.
R&G
AMW/ProX

Anybody holding out for Black Friday deals or if you have any $$ left.
Go check these deals out at the AMW website before they end. I think these are the
the best buys across the board for any of this year's sales.
I picked up a the best deals ever compared to any rocketry related purchase I have made.
Thanks AMW

looks like you can still get the parrot for $29. that's a good deal for a mini!

Cyber Monday:
25% off Sky Angle
30% off Top Flight
Aero Pack 20% off
Pic Accelerometers back in stock for $59.90

Sale ends at midnight tonight (Dec 1)

Back