On a hot tin roof

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Man, I dont get it???
We need(ed) a new roof on the joint were we hang our hats.
So, I looks into the costs and finds out I can hire it out and between (my cost) materials and labor it would come in around $4,200-$4,500.
Well, we went with hiring it out. And ,I ordered the materials.
Anywhoo-Seems like forever, I dont hear from the guy on when he can do the job. Then it turns into a phone tag thing,then I dont hear from him again for a little over a week and bla bla bla. Mean while , I have all the meatrials here, bought and the bill is paid.
I finally hear from him again and something comes over me and I says, "So sorry, Im doing it me-self."
:y: was the reaction from the wife when I told her "Im doing it"..I do believe, for some reason,she didnt think it would ever get done now.
Well, well, both sides of the roof (75ft mobile) are DONE!!!!!!
Nice brandy-new green metal roof with cap.

Yup, all done honey, all done. Hard to believe honey,but the old man came thru.
So,.............Where is MY check for doing the job.
It ended up, I saved around $1800-$2200 doing it me-self.
So, again, Hooonneyyy, WHERE IS MY CHECK?

She just looks at me and laughs. :mad:

It just dont add up?

I got a sore back ,but a dry bed out of the deal.

Last edited:
When you want something done right....
Good on you Scotty!
My wife was whining about 'getting the brakes done' and then bitched about the $600 bucks I dumped into her van. Took close to 4 hours chasing parts and a #special# tool (argghh) for it to get done. She's always telling me how old i am and I can afford to 'have somebody else do it'. I then patiently explained the job I did would have easily cost $1200-$1500.
I am still waiting for my check, too.....

Sounds like you have enough money now for a Level 3 project!

Back