Snow Ranch Dec. 6 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hball55

Reaction score
The day is coming soon . . . any predictions as to whether this launch will be a go or no-go? I'm told the green grass is quickly growing but will it and the recent rains be enough?

I really wanted to go to this launch (assuming it happens), but now I'm going to be out of town! That bodes well for everyone else --- it's probably going to be perfect conditions, and I'm going to miss it!

I really wanted to go to this launch (assuming it happens), but now I'm going to be out of town! That bodes well for everyone else --- it's probably going to be perfect conditions, and I'm going to miss it!

Sorry you can't make it, hopefully you can get to some of the other LUNAR launches soon.

I'm going to go if it happens. I've already planned most of my flights for the launch:

Minie Magg-H159G and maybe H399WT
Mega Red Max-G74, H54 (maybe also some F50Ts if time)
G-force-H410

Hopefully there's enough rain! I hear there's going to be more this weekend.

Last edited:
Anyone else here flying at the launch? Also, I think I'll fly my first I motor at this launch, an I204 Imax.

Although the LUNAR website shows the launch to be a go at this time, the weather is likely to be RAIN this coming Saturday and Sunday says the weather forecast.

It figures. In the middle of a drought our first launch gets rained out. Looks to be a repeat of last year.

Although the LUNAR website shows the launch to be a go at this time, the weather is likely to be RAIN this coming Saturday and Sunday says the weather forecast.

It figures. In the middle of a drought our first launch gets rained out. Looks to be a repeat of last year.

I believe that two years ago, launch cancelled due to drought.

Very foggy there when wet also, so rain on Friday, dry Sat. may not help.

https://nooooooooooooooo.com is how I feel if we get rained out in the middle of the drought.

I checked and it says slight chance of showers for thursday, friday, and saturday. Hopefully saturday will be clear or the next saturday (the lunar site says saturday the 13th is the rain day)

Last edited:
https://nooooooooooooooo.com is how I feel if we get rained out in the middle of the drought.

I checked and it says slight chance of showers for thursday, friday, and saturday. Hopefully saturday will be clear or the next saturday (the lunar site says saturday the 13th is the rain day)

I'm liking the December 13 rain date. Gives me a bit more time to get my "birds" in a row.

Interesting as rain forecast for Tues - Friday. Could be really wet and foggy by Sat.

The launch is curently a "go", but the forecast is still a little iffy, the launch may still get rained out. Definatley call the LUNAR Hotline before driving out. Also, the long range forecast I looked at today says the 13th may be too wet as well.

I was planning to go, but cub scout fundraising opportunities / camping / service projects have pretty much taken up all the Saturdays this month (and the HPR date in Jan.) There is a small chance I can still make it out on the 6th, if we aren't rained out.

Bah, I really want to fly something, but I guess this gives me more time to finish the dual deploy upgrade on my Kraken, and build a couple of new parachute duration competition models.

I'm going. I may be going alone, and probably won't fly much. But I'm going, if it isn't rained out.

Do they decide what to limit the altitude to based on exact conditions? I have two flights planned that will go a bit over 2K.

Yeah, they kind of play it by ear. Usually if a rocket disappears in the clouds, they'll limit the altitude after that.

I remember the December launch 2 years ago, it was foggy in the morning, (like couldn't see the mid power pads from the range head it was so foggy) with low clouds pretty much all day. The clouds broke about 45 minutes before the waiver closed, and folks that stayed to the end did get a chance to fly HPR finally. I was planning to do my L1 flight day, but decided to hold off until the next month. I didn't want to rush prepping the rocket and miss something important (like closing the quick-link on my chute) and have my flight fail.

If the launch still happens, but the morning is foggy, bring some low power stuff to fly early on, or just hang out util the end of the day - it might clear up enough to fly HPR. :)

I remember the December launch 2 years ago, it was foggy in the morning, (like couldn't see the mid power pads from the range head it was so foggy) with low clouds pretty much all day. The clouds broke about 45 minutes before the waiver closed, and folks that stayed to the end did get a chance to fly HPR finally. I was planning to do my L1 flight day, but decided to hold off until the next month. I didn't want to rush prepping the rocket and miss something important (like closing the quick-link on my chute) and have my flight fail.

If the launch still happens, but the morning is foggy, bring some low power stuff to fly early on, or just hang out util the end of the day - it might clear up enough to fly HPR. :)

"low power" can mean Mega Red Max on F's and Minie Magg on G's at low altitudes right?

Flash flood warnings all day today in the Central Valley near me due to INCHES of rain. Yippee!!

Oh...wait. Probability of launch this weekend declining.

Flash flood warnings all day today in the Central Valley near me due to INCHES of rain. Yippee!!

Oh...wait. Probability of launch this weekend declining.

Have you seen the weather forecasts? :bang:

Have you seen the weather forecasts? :bang:
A shower on Thursday, some clouds Friday, and mostly sunny on Saturday.

More concerned about road conditions on the ranch. I'm most likely driving the Altima as the Princess has laid claim to the Bronco. :roll:

There's an 80% chance of rain in Oroville Saturday, so I pray the rain stays up here so there's a launch. I want to fly my Madcow 2.6" Honest John; I installed a RRC2+ in the nosecone, as all the motors I simmed were going too fast at deployment when using motor ejection.

See ya there.

A shower on Thursday, some clouds Friday, and mostly sunny on Saturday.

More concerned about road conditions on the ranch. I'm most likely driving the Altima as the Princess has laid claim to the Bronco. :roll:

The last I heard there are supposed to be morning showers on Saturday, but that was for Sacramento. Farmington is a ways south. The ranch road's not as bad as it used to be. They fixed the worst part, the steep creek crossing, a couple of years ago. Your Altima should do fine. I've seen lower cars than that there.

Back