Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses Black Friday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses will be having our Black Friday Sale.......
Since this sale is for my favorite holiday of the year
the sale will extend for the entire Thanksgiving weekend,,, Thursday 11/27/2014 through Sunday 11/30/2014..........
To help with the expense of building a dual deploy rocket,,
the sale will be "Buy 3 get 1 of equal or lesser value free" on everything on the website across the board.........
I'm even sweetening the deal further............
Anyone who's total comes out to $200 or more I'll throw in the coolest T shirt around,,,
A Onebadhawk T Shirt of your choice for as long as existing supply's last ( there aren't many left, these will be first come first serve ),,,

I also take great pride in announcing our new affiliation with Wildman Hobbies.........
Tim is coming out with some of the coolest rocket kits I have ever seen in High Power.......
I promise,, without a doubt your going to flip when you see these rockets and check the specs on them....
To help promote these new offerings from Wildman and our new affiliation
there will be some harness's that are the best deal I have ever offered,,,,,,,,
BUT THEY WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH WILDMAN HOBBIES............

I am really excited about this sale and the whole weekend coming.........
It's going to insanely cool for sure..........

Teddy

Last edited:
Teddy your inbox is fulllllllllllll

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Rocketry Forum

I'm sorry Denis,,
It shouldn't show full,,
they said I had much room...lol

Try me now or try me at

sales at onebadhawk.com

Thank you Denis....

Teddy

Awesome, Teddy!
I'll have to look very carefully at these deals, I'll have some rockets that'll be needing shock cords!

Thanks,
Nate

After the holiday turkey I may need some of your Kevlar as a belt

Was spoofing Wildmans site trying to see if any new skus were up when searching ..

That was fruitless, but i did see your items on his site ..well done !

Kenny

Thank you a million Kenny,,, I'm glad you saw the harnesses,,, it really was quite an undertaking,, mostly by Troj,,
Tim and I thought he was going to chase us both down the block with a stick....

Mickey,, I think everyone in my house is going to need a Kevlar belt
after the turkey I'm frying up thanks to you..... Thank you endlessly for the giant fryer Mickey.........

Nate,, I can't wait to see your winter builds,,,
there's one thing I know for sure,,,,
I see a 38mm mm in your future...................lol

Denis,,,
I sent you an email............
I'd love to see more of those monster hybrids lifting off over Munich..........

Teddy

I just got and answered an email
and I would just love to share this with you all...

Hi Teddy,

I wanted to let you know what all happened with my Level 2 and also ask a question about a future project.

I finished up my rocket and took it to Balls in Sept to launch on a K740 (estimated 10K feet and Mach 1.3). About 1 second into the burn the motor cato'd which deployed the main at Mach 0.5. Your tubular kevlar held the motor mount in place which forced the motor to eject backwards out of the rocket and saved the fin can. The 1" kevlar strap survived the main deployment at Mach 0.5 with no visible damage. I lost the main chute, one centering ring and a fin popped off on the fast and hard landing but the rest of the rocket survived with no damage including your harnesses.

That meant I was able to rebuild easily and get my level 2 back at home 6 weeks later with your harnesses once more onboard - they worked just great. Thanks again.

Looking forward - I'm planning a minimum diameter 38mm rocket with a single harness and cable cutter deployment. I'm interested in the 1/2 kevlar strap with 3 loops and I'm wondering how small 20' will pack?

Thanks
Martin

P.S. Saw your stuff on Wildman's site - very cool, would love to know the answer in time to hit Black Saturday :)

And my reply......

Wow Martin,,
Is that a cool story or what...
Thank you so much..
If you don’t mind,, I’d like to see if I can copy and post this story on TRF....
It’s just the coolest story and the greatest compliment...

Now as far as your 38mm minimum D............
If your home now in the UK then shipping is an issue,, it’s very expensive...
Anything of mine you purchase will be shipped from me,,
whether you purchase it from me directly or from Wildman Hobbies.....
Make sure you check Wildman for the Black Saturday sale on the
morning of Saturday 11/29/2014...
He’ll have some insanely cool stuff on sale for fantastic prices...
The reason I tell you this is because he has a really good option for you for that 38 mm rocket...
If I remember correctly he has 1/8 Tubular Kevlar that would work perfectly and if you already placing an order with him it wouldn’t cost you any more to ship it...

Let me know what I can do to help Martin,,,,
And a great big congrats on that level 2 cert,,,
Now you’ll really be reaching for the sky....lol

Be safe Martin,,,

Teddy

I can attest to the quality of the tee shirts, granted mine could be used as a 70" parachute with one of the fine harnesses Teddy makes

Really nice recovery harness I received as part of the RocketryForum.com giveaway a couple of months ago. Nice stuff and great work.

Thanks so much guys.........

That's really funny Mickey..........

Bob you are da man....
Top shelf customer service and answers in a flash.........
How can you beat that.............

Teddy

Wow Teddy I can't believe you're having a sale! Seriously I don't know how you make money as it is based on the high quality of materials and workmanship/attention to detail you put into these harnesses...but good for you, or us!

Teddy,

Do we order online or PM you the items we want?

Teddy,

Do we order online or PM you the items we want?

I'm sorry I didn't see this before Dwayne.....
I've been busy trying to eat myself into a coma.......
I almost succeeded,,, I can't even type..........

Just shoot me an email with anything your heart desires Dwayne....

[email protected]

I'll make you out an invoice and we can go from there....

Thank you Dwayne,,, and everyone else,,,,
Thank you,,, thank you,,,,

Teddy

Last edited:
Thanks. One other question. I think you have answered this before (but I can't find it in the forum) - I am interested in the 1/2" and 1" Kevlar. Are they the same thickness or is the 1/2" thicker? I have a 1" flat Kevlar cord and really like thinness of it and how easy it packs.

I too ate myself silly, but left room for pumpkin pi. IMG_2969.jpg

got my kevlar order in for my LDRS Project. It's going to have 3 attachment points for each section because it's a little heavy.....good news is that Teddy will do custom work at the blink of the eye. Spent the rest of the day cutting fins....

Thanks. One other question. I think you have answered this before (but I can't find it in the forum) - I am interested in the 1/2" and 1" Kevlar. Are they the same thickness or is the 1/2" thicker? I have a 1" flat Kevlar cord and really like thinness of it and how easy it packs.

I too ate myself silly, but left room for pumpkin pi.View attachment 247705

Ohhh,,,
Cloudbusters,,,
I wanted to go to Airfest in the worst way....
It was just too far...

Dwayne,,
The 1" flat Kevlar is thin,, supple, and packs extremely easily...
The 1/2" Flat Kevlar is the same..
The 1/2" is Extremely light,it packs smaller the any other material...
It is appropriate for a paper tube type rocket,,, mid power,,, It'll go well in some light HP as well....
What's the size and weight of the rocket you're lookin to set up...

Teddy

got my kevlar order in for my LDRS Project. It's going to have 3 attachment points for each section because it's a little heavy.....good news is that Teddy will do custom work at the blink of the eye. Spent the rest of the day cutting fins....

Thank you as always Rick...
That rocket sure is heavy,,, bout a quarter ton......lol..

I'll get on those 9 harnesses in the morning...
Right after I sleep off this turkey coma...lol

Teddy

The Wildman has come up with superb rocket design....
The Punisher.....
It's 3" glass with a 54 mm mount and the head end deployment method makes the overall length of the rocket
less then it would be for a conventional av bay in the coupler set up.........
To make this deal even more appealing I have made up special harnesses to his specification...
I have never offered this material anywhere near this price,,, I can't,, I pay too much for it to be able to offer it at this price...
These harnesses will be available at this price with the purchase of a Punisher kit..............

Here's a link..............

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?product=5798

Teddy

Just to clarify...

I email you my shock cord order at the above address and you return email me a PayPal invoice, right?

Find myself in need of some of your handiwork.

You've got it Kong,,,
Let me know what you need,,,
Let me know what you're setting up....
I'll set you right up...

[email protected]

Teddy

I must say, this guy is an awesome vendor. He really took some extra time with me tonight figuring out if I ordered the right thing without me even asking him to do it. Ill add this guy to my favorites Jackie, Tim, Kent and my vinyl go to Rapid Vinyl.

This hobby has some of the coolest vendors.

I must say, this guy is an awesome vendor. He really took some extra time with me tonight figuring out if I ordered the right thing without me even asking him to do it. Ill add this guy to my favorites Jackie, Tim, Kent and my vinyl go to Rapid Vinyl.

This hobby has some of the coolest vendors.

Is this Randall????????
What's Evilash,,, your alter ego...........lol...lol...
I thought you weren't on TRF at all..... lol...lol...
Well I'm certainly not going to let you walk away
with a harness that's questionable for the given application.....

That's too funny....

Thank you very, very much .............

Teddy

Just sent a email order. This will be my first order with Onebadhawk. Can't wait to try these out next spring. In the meantime, bracing for "Polar Vortex #2"

Just sent a email order. This will be my first order with Onebadhawk. Can't wait to try these out next spring. In the meantime, bracing for "Polar Vortex #2"

I dun get it Dwayne,,,,
Sounds like when the wife gets cranky....lol.... RRRRaaaaRRRgggggg.......

Teddy

Back