Electronics for a 3 stage rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MB_SEDS_Rocketry

Reaction score
I am going to do a 3 stage rocket; one motor would be ignited via the ground launch system and two motors would be via airstarts. I am looking for an altimeter that would allow me to do two airstarts and separation events? If this is not available, can I say use the PET2+ for the airstarts and use a separate altimeter for deploying parachutes at apogee and such? Or would I have to use two separate altimeters for airstarting but then would I run into an issue of both altimeters detecting a motor burn out and would light the remaining two motors at the same time? Thank you for your help

To what Jeff said, the MARSA54L also has the new MARSA Net Gadgets that merit consideration. You could control both booster stages from the sustainer.

Post #37 in this thread is how I set up the electronics for a recent 3-stage flight.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?66850-So-maybe-I-ll-try-a-three-stager/page3

Part of the difficulty of doing this for a 3-stage is that you have to account for what will happen if the flight doesn't go as planned. In my actual flight, only the sustainer motor lit. But, because I had the scenarios accounted for, everything recovered and is available to fly again.

Jim

TeleMega has six pyro channels as well as tilt detection for safe staging

To what Jeff said, the MARSA54L also has the new MARSA Net Gadgets that merit consideration. You could control both booster stages from the sustainer.

Yes, you need the Marsa54L with 2 MarsaNet remote pyro units. This will give you 9 programmable channels.
Chan9: Stage 1 separation
Chan8: Stage 2 ignition
Chan7: Stage 2 separation
Chan6: Sustainer 2 ignition
Chan5: unused
Chan4: Main backup
Chan3: Main Primary
Chan2: Apogee backup
Chan1: Apogee primary

Control all with one computer, no wires to the stages.

Available before Xmas sometime.

Back