Good connector within A/V bay for charge leads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timro

Reaction score
I've used direct connections (e.g. ejection starter wired to altimeter terminal) for charges for electronic deployment, but for a new 4" a/v bay, I'd like to use some type of plug/jack connection for times where the bay needs to be fully disassembled.

Right now, I've wired up the bay with molex 0.062" 2-pin connectors which are good to 5A but are only rated for 25-30 mating cycles. For size, I'm interested in the JST RCY connectors: https://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eRCY.pdf but the data sheet doesn't specify the number of mating cycles one can expect.

Does anybody have a reference for JST RCY mating cycle rating? I'm also curious about the connectors I've seen at doghouse rocketry.

What's in your a/v bay for this type of application?

I like the Doghouse terminals. They ship with all the parts needed to install, right down to the small hex key. If you order one of the altimeter wiring kits, the terminals are included in the package.

Also take a look at the charge wells and combined charge well/terminals.

Excellent customer service and extremely quick shipping.

+1 for Doghouse. Everything they sell is first-rate, and their customer service is awesome.

I do like their charge wells and this build is sporting them. I've got some needs for rail button standoffs for an Estes Ventris, I'll get some connector whips too.

Although I'd have to admit, the mating cycle count of 10000 for the power poles is impressive!

Back