DARS December Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great time. My daughter loved it as well and everyone made her feel very welcome. Thanks all! Also the EZI45 flight was awesome.

Glad to hear the launch went well yesterday. Looking forward to making the next one and helping to break in the new Corsicana site!

I totally missed the opportunity to get video of the EZI-65. It was such a great flight and I'm sure video would have been very impressive. Anybody else get it?

I've got several videos from this launch that I hope to have up soon. Still kicking myself that missed capturing the EZI-65! What a flight.

I've got the H999, but it's going to the highest bidder since it's so rare....

Yeah, 38mm Warp 9's are on the more rare side since they don't come with a delay and therefore require electronic deployment; and electronics in smallish rockets can be a task or just not worth the effort since there are so many motor choices with built in delays available. This assumes you're not Chris B. though, that dude's got it down!

I really like these style of motors and always have. The crazy Kosdon motors made a big impression on me back in the early 90's and it has stuck. The Aerotech Warp 9 motors fall into that category and some of Loki motors do as well so at least we have some options.

Speaking of rare motors, I've been giving some thought to the 98mm "coffee can" motor, the 98/2560. It never really dawned on me, but the K458W is a full K (actually a 3% L) with a very reasonable average thrust which translates into a 5 second burn! This can easily push a good size non glass rocket (read: not minimum diameter or a really small airframe) for 5 seconds with a pretty high altitude to boot. I've got some LOC 5.5" and 7.5" airframes sitting around that would be ideal for this motor.

Anybody ever see a 98mm single grain Aerotech motor? I probably have but that would have been a really long time ago. I would say the easily fit in the "rare" category.

I see your plan now. Maybe you should offer an EZI-65/AT I-65 combo though. You could probably have sold 5 of them after that flight last saturday. That would be one of the strangest high power drag races ever.

Quick note on the January launch in Corsicana.

Impulse limit is M. I will be asking for prior notice on the formal launch announcement so we can make sure and have a pad set up. I may also ask for some flight info on those. I'd hate for us to bust the waiver the first time out.

On sparkies - these are a distinct possibility, depending on the field conditions. I'll know more as we get closer. Last I heard, the crop stubble was still in the field.

I see your plan now. Maybe you should offer an EZI-65/AT I-65 combo though. You could probably have sold 5 of them after that flight last saturday. That would be one of the strangest high power drag races ever.

That I65 flight was super cool. Can't believe I didn't get it. I should have some time this weekend to post some of the video's I did get. Come to think of it, maybe not... My inlaws are arriving today :y:!

Quick note on the January launch in Corsicana.

Impulse limit is M. I will be asking for prior notice on the formal launch announcement so we can make sure and have a pad set up. I may also ask for some flight info on those. I'd hate for us to bust the waiver the first time out.

On sparkies - these are a distinct possibility, depending on the field conditions. I'll know more as we get closer. Last I heard, the crop stubble was still in the field.

Good news that it is an L3 site. Looking forward to seeing some M motors fly there.

Will get my L2 done sometime next year at Gunter or Corsicana.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if the Corsicana site draws out more aggressive flying.

I'm planning a 6000'+ flight. depending on motor, might even try to sneak past mach.

Pretty sure this is Chris B's (Cherokee?) on an Aerotech I200W reload:

[video=youtube;BGjEwV7HsGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGjEwV7HsGI[/video]

The awesome and brand new Aerotech DMS H550ST-14A single use (pretty sure its' Robert H.):

[video=youtube;DYZgDPjG5J8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYZgDPjG5J8[/video]

First reload kit I helped put together in many, many years; and yes I was more nervous than the flyer was..... Jacob M's G Force on an Aerotech G75J-M reload:

[video=youtube;XKkX1FEY-0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkX1FEY-0M[/video]

Sweet .3 second burn time, Chris B using an Aerotech H999W-P Warp 9 reload:

[video=youtube;G0PJ7MLor-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0PJ7MLor-E[/video]

Pretty sure this is Chris B's (Cherokee?) on an Aerotech I200W reload:

[video=youtube;BGjEwV7HsGI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGjEwV7HsGI[/video]

Madcow 2.6" PAC-3. It went to 3200 ft, and I never lost communication with the Eggfinder in it. The landing spot was off by 6' from what the Eggfinder said it was.

Back