Quest Q2C2 Igniters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketron1948

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when Quest is going to have any of these igniters again? What is the problem?

Rocketron

I don't know when they will be in. I have 12 6 packs and 3 24 packs on back order. Word on the street was the end of Oct. But it wasn't in my last order. Hopefully the will be in my current order.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

There's been a transportation abroad issue...... Along with other Quest products.

Google "port slowdown".

Of course, that only matters if the come from across the ocean...

It is on the Quest AT order form and my shipping invoice says there to be here Wed. So I guess they decided not to discontinue it. They will be on the site Thursday or Friday morning after I unpack and verify everything on the list came in.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

I thought these were discontinued?

Check out Sam's post #3 above and take a look at the link. They're apparently a little different than the originals so I guess you could say they're discontinued and/or have been replaced.

Many hobby manufacturers are changing the pyrogen used in their hobby rocket igniters and e-matches to a composition that is not regulated by BATFE...

Bob

Quest never said they were discontinued. That was purely speculation on the internet due to a long time out-of-stock issue. Quest has said that the igniters that will be sold with their BP motors will be exactly the same when back in stock and those sold separately will be slightly different to comply with easier shipping requirement.

Jerome

Yes, plus they will all be called "starters" and not "igniters" as a result of the terminology used in the regulations.

Quest never said they were discontinued. That was purely speculation on the internet due to a long time out-of-stock issue. Quest has said that the igniters that will be sold with their BP motors will be exactly the same when back in stock and those sold separately will be slightly different to comply with easier shipping requirement.

Jerome

Check out Sam's post #3 above and take a look at the link. They're apparently a little different than the originals so I guess you could say they're discontinued and/or have been replaced.
Interesting stuff. One of our local vendors said that they were no longer available due to ATF issues, but it sounds like a "different" version is now available.

By the way, I'd HIGHLY recommend those Chinese fireworks-style starters (or whatever we're supposed to call them) that can be purchased online or from Jim Hendricksen here on TRF. They work perfectly for deployment charges and some have reported they by themselves can light certain 29mm and 38mm motors.

Interesting stuff. One of our local vendors said that they were no longer available due to ATF issues, but it sounds like a "different" version is now available.

I think a 'variant' of the originals is probably more accurate come to think of it. In either case, they're on their way from parts unknown...

Last edited:
Back