Missile Works cyber Monday Sale / Thanks to Everyone!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a quick note to all -

I'm taking the shopping cart down today @ ~6PM MST to prep for the Monday Sale.
We should be back online tomorrow @ ~9AM MST, and pricing will remain active until ~9PM MST.

A quick repost of the sales policies:
- We're lifting the "in-stock" inventory requirements for all discounted store items.
- If we're unable to fulfill your order because we ran out of stock, we'll advise you via email as we bring in replacement items to complete your order.
- Cyber Monday sales will be fulfilled in the order they are received and shipped throughout the following week(s).

Regarding the Telematics "timeline", still hoping to release by Xmas... testing will be our biggest hurdle this time of year.

Can't wait! I need a back-up Alt for my newly acquired Binder California Kid!

About an hour to go ... .

I hope my boss doesn't send me away from my desk! :y:

What's up? I have no button to check out with! Is my browser too old? I put an RRC2+ in my bag, but can't pay! Anyone else?

Worked for me just perfect. I can't wait to get my stuff. Had a short call with Jim. Very pleasant contact, also for international customers. It's right he got my business. Certainly not my last purchase!
D.

+1 for Jim

Given the number that posted here, and more that probably haven't Jim is probably slammed for sure.

No problem here either. 2 - RRC3's, 2 - RRC2+'s and a few switches. Thanks Jim!!

what does the RRC3 include? do you need to buy a separate data cable?

It is operational right out of the box and I believe settings can be changed with nothing else to buy. I have the LCD screen which makes checking and changing settings easier, IMO. It is also expandable and I believe other modules for air starts and GPS tracking are in the works.

If you want to interface the RRC3 with a computer you need the USB-IO dongle iirc, the LCD allows you to view the flight information and program the RRC3. But neither is required just nice to have, the unit can be configured via the dip switches and pushbutton on the unit itself, and data read via the beeping.

Looks like you need the cable or LCD for programming the third output. I'd be surprised if you could set that with the dip switches.

I ordered another RRC2+, a pair of 3D printed sleds that fit both the RRC2+ and RRC3 ( just in case), a couple of switches, and some kevlar for Y-harnesses.

As to the website functionality, turn off all your script blockers, etc.

I got hold of Jim and all is well. Weird. My work computers are all still on Windows XP (I know, I know). The machine I was on couldn't run the Java or ASP or whatever creates the Check Out button, but another one could. So much for enterprise IT.

If you want to interface the RRC3 with a computer you need the USB-IO dongle iirc, the LCD allows you to view the flight information and program the RRC3. But neither is required just nice to have, the unit can be configured via the dip switches and pushbutton on the unit itself, and data read via the beeping.

The LCD is really nice. It comes with its own cable. You can use one LCD for all of your RRC3's. The USB-IO dongle for PC computer, not Apple, is a must have if you want to retrieve flight info. for multiple flights, up to 15. You can't do this with the LCD or retrieve from the RRC3 unit. Only one flight is stored locally that is retrievable from unit and/ or LCD. Also need the mDACS software loaded on a PC for USB-IO link. Jim is working on making mDACS compatible with Apple. All of this was straight from Jim "The Man" himself.

Just curious - any opinions on the USB versus the LCD for those of us that do not want to purchase both? I usually take a laptop to launches - I assume the USB and software provide the same functionality as the LCD?

Personally, I prefer the computer interface because it provides a flow chart for using the AUX ports (which I have screwed up before using the LCD). Saying that, hookup is a bit tricky; although now I can connect first time, 100% of the time. Key is that after you hit the connect button on the interface program let the timer elapse one second and then power up the board.

Last edited:
Personally, I prefer the computer interface. Saying that, hookup is a bit tricky; although now I can connect first time, 100% of the time. Key is that after you hit the connect button on the interface program let the timer elapse one second and then power up the board.

Waiting a second before power up the board is a good to know trick.

I picked up 3 more RRC2+
Mostly for backups or smaller rockets.
No trouble at all with the website via my Motorola smart phone.
I used PP because I was at work and didn't have a CC handy.

I just had a RRC3 repaired back in early Oct.
The LCD would no longer connect to the altimeter.
I knew it was the unit because the other RRC3 worked fine with it.

You can program the third channel using the LCD setup.

JD

Picked up my 4th RRC3 and my 2nd RRC2+ although I have one RRC3 and RRC2+ MIA (moment of silence please). I don't have a PC, so can't use dongle at the moment. If you are in doubt about LCD or PC, you can always wait and fly RRC3 without these. No problem. You will be out a little extra shipping should you decide to purchase down the road, but Jim has pretty good shipping prices.

- We're lifting the "in-stock" inventory requirements for all discounted store items.
- If we're unable to fulfill your order because we ran out of stock, we'll advise you via email as we bring in replacement items to complete your order.

Can you please do this full time?:) Every time I've been to your site to order, you never have all of the items I want to order in stock and when that happens the order button goes away. I don't mind waiting for all of the items to come in before it ships, but I do mind ordering only one thing at a time and pay shipping each time while I wait for the buttons to show up again for the other things I need. I usually leave your site disappointed and end up ordering nothing. Until this sale, not once have I been able to add all of the items I need to the cart. One time I even had items in the cart, but didn't check out fast enough and I got sniped.

I can't be the only one this happens to. Very frustrating. BTW, no rush on my order placed today, please fill everyone else's first.

Last edited:
If you are in doubt about LCD or PC, you can always wait and fly RRC3 without these.

Not if that flight needs staging or airstarts and you need to program the third output. :wink:

Mine will be used in my coaxial motor project. Two other altimeter brands have failed to do the job. I have high hopes for the RRC3!

Not if that flight needs staging or airstarts and you need to program the third output. :wink:

Mine will be used in my coaxial motor project. Two other altimeter brands have failed to do the job. I have high hopes for the RRC3!

You're high end Mike! I am a lot lower end. lol Good luck with your project.

Back