getting HPR certification back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taiwanluthiers

Reaction score
I was involved in HPR back in 2001/2002 but because of some stuff I ended up leaving the US.

Now I am coming back to the US in about a week or so and I want to rejoin NAR.

I think you lose certification after 1 year of lapse, if so how do I get it back? I had a Level 1

should think that it would be fairly easy, join NAR(if you have one of your old NAR cards you might be able to get your number back), build a rocket(if needed), fill out the paperwork, find some hpr flyers (and a club), fly said rocket on either an H or I motor, finish the paperwork and mail it in.
Rex

should think that it would be fairly easy, join NAR(if you have one of your old NAR cards you might be able to get your number back), build a rocket(if needed), fill out the paperwork, find some hpr flyers (and a club), fly said rocket on either an H or I motor, finish the paperwork and mail it in.
Rex

Yea, about that, how do I find my number if I lost the card?

Well if it were me, I would contact NAR.org and see if they still have any such record of you ever being a member. If they do, great. If not, then you get a new NAR number.

He isn't trying to get his cert back, he is trying to get his number back. :)

I think you lose certification after 1 year of lapse, if so how do I get it back? I had a Level 1

For certain if you have your old number you will get your L1 back immediately. I took 4 years off of HPR due to the military and was able to get my L2 back by just giving them my old NAR #. I would call or email to see. Maybe they can still restore your cert by looking your name up?

Call the NAR office. They're very accommodating and probably have your records. (800) 262-4872

I can't remember what the cut-off date was, but at some point they started tracking HRP levels in the NAR database. And changed the rules so that if you had HPR certification, you would not lose it after a year. For the folks that re-up and they did not have your cert level already in the database, you have to supply proof of certificate (copy of old membership card with cert level, for instance). As for recovering your NAR number, they just need a name and address usually.

BTW, didn't you put your NAR number on any of your rockets? I did. :)

I posted my NAR number on rec.model.rockets back in the day... I am waiting to hear back from them if they have my certification info.

I found my NAR number from rec.model.rockets... it's 76089

Last edited:
Even if they don't have a record, certification is not hard. You plan to build a rocket and fly anyway. So if you don't get it back, you have the first one witnessed and paperwork to fill out. Then you fly to your hearts content.

In our club, the one motor is actually very easy to deal with. Simply have them send the motors to a club member who will hold them for you.

Kirk

Good news. I heard back from NAR and they found my number and they have my L1 on file. They said to let them know when I renew so they can add it in manually.

Back