v - another 38mm minimum diameter rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemisterbig

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

" Delta-V, symbolised as Δv and pronounced delta-vee, is a measure in astrodynamics of the amount of "effort" that is needed to change from one trajectory to another by making an orbital maneuver. It is a scalar that has the units of speed."

I have been thinking long and hard about my next rocket, if it should be a kit or scratch, where I should buy it from and so on and so forth. I finally decided on doing a scratch build, and this is that build. It will be a 38mm minimum diameter rocket. I will be using Proline profusion tubing for the airframe, Proline 38mm aluminum tipped profusion nosecone, 6" Proline g12 coupler (if it is back in stock), Wildman 1/16 black g10 fins, Proline 4500 epoxy, 3d printed electronics sled, Stratologger or Eggtimer TRS, Slimline retainer (still not sure though) and Archetype cable cutter. Th first flight will be on an H143SS and it will reach around 3865' and Mach 0.92. I will be launching it at MMMSC in Maine, however i might hold off because ive heard that cold can make epoxy brittle and i dont want to risk it. And feel free to make any changes to the design just include the revision in the response.

delta v.jpg

delta v graph.jpg

View attachment ?v.ork

P.S I l know it should be over 1 cal, im gonna fix it later.

Cool looking. I would add a little mass to the nose. You need more stability, but should be better with a longer motor.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back