Delta CAD?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here use Delta CAD for anything?
I use it all the time for sizing things, putting things in place.
It's a simple 2D CAD program that you can download for free the newest version, option to buy.
After the 45 day free trial, all you have to do is reinstall it.
I bought v5 & 6.
Only thing now is if you print something, is the DeltaCAD.com logo is at the bottom left of a printed page.
I can live with that, and I do.
You import/export in many formats. Maybe readable for 3D printing.
Transitions is easy if you use a center line.
I use to make sure when we want to change a room around, everything will fit the way we think before we exhurt the effort to do so.
Worth a look. Might find it useful for somethings, after all, it's FREE! Uless you buy the full version that you never have to reinstall every 45 days and gets rid of the logo on the bottom of the page you print.
I probably have more files on my side drive in DC than any other. Just because I did woodworking and that is what I used for everything.
And it's cheep.
Just go to www.deltacad.com and download the trial version. Good for 45 days. Then reinstall and keep going.
Midnight Software is very cool. Nice guy too. He's also an amature Rocketeer!
Enjoy!

btw, it has a library of Symbols. You can make your own Library, as many as you want.
insert prices, and it will calculate cost. Many Many features. I highly recomend it.
But I'm just a simple ol fart that loves simple things.

Last edited:
DraftSight for me as well. My favorite part is that all the commands and keyboard shortcuts from AutoCad (which I've used since 1980s) still work! And free, too!

Solidworks for the heavy lifting, though!
-Ken

I've converted to Solidworks, also by Dassault. You would have to sell a kidney to afford to buy it, but If you have a .edu email address, they have a student edition which is practically free.

I've converted to Solidworks, also by Dassault. You would have to sell a kidney to afford to buy it, but If you have a .edu email address, they have a student edition which is practically free.

Or, if you're a veteran. I sent in my dd214 and got the student edition for $25

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back