Winter Ain't Here Yet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
It may be cold where you are but probably not this cold. Holy Crap Batman!

Rolling Heart Attack.jpg

That's the storm that came through here, dumped about 16" and left. This time of year that's a lot for Boise and I knew as it headed East it was going to pick up steam. So bad in Buffalo they expect to have 7 feet of snow to have fallen by the football game Sunday.

I have felt for months things were going to be bad this year, yeah, a feeling. Like a coiled spring that's going to unload on us this winter. Make up for years of drought, refill empty lakes in Texas, that kind of stuff. The flooding along the Mississippi River Drainage will be epic, waters so high they might as well not have levees, all they'll do is keep the water from running off.

The Deacon's will now pass the plate..... :rolleyes:

Buffalo has seven feet of snow with more expected (at least another foot) and this weekend is supposed to be 60 deg F and rain.

Head for high ground folks, it's going to get ugly.

The pic I posted was taken and/or posted in Lancaster, NY on November 19th. I sure hope we get the equivalent in liquid rain down here in Texas, and soon. The late Harold Taft, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Taft, always used to say "it takes a flood to break a drought". Oh well, spring begins March 20, 2015. Some things are timeless.

This is a good one, don't know if it's natural or man-made though...
snowmageddon.jpg

Looks like they are going to move the Bills game to another city and play it on Tuesday night. They can't get the stadium cleared.

Supposedly done with snow for now - the area hit hardest are preparing for flooding over the next 3-4 days. We have a warmup with rain forecast for the weekend into Monday. More than 6 feet of snow in some of the hard hit areas. So far 30+ roofs collapsed and 12 deaths.

Back