Best New High Power Products

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best new hgh power products?

• Aero-Tech DMS Motors

• All The New High Power Kits

• All the New High Power Vendors

• Other(leave a post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

accooper

Reaction score
What do you think is the best new high power products are?

Andrew

I have no idea, I'm not there yet. But rest assured I will do plenty of investigating before I make any kind of purchase.
Move to a place there is a club, join, meat people that know about these things, etc., etc., etc...
But what I can say, it's all about what you use to build with and one's personal preference and design likes.
I don't think this is an answerable question as put.
Unless more than one person has purchased, built, flew, recovered, everything out there in every combination imaginable.
My theroy is if it's not broke, don't fix it. If your happy with what it does for what you want, can you afford to ponder something else?
Is testing new and different things in your DNA, and if yes, who's financially backing you? If self, and not working in RnD in Rocketry, you have the wrong job.
So shoot me, I love my LPR, but I'm looking bigger....slowly. I just need to find residence in AZ!!!
I do what I can do and where I can do it. Funds are very limited, space is restricted (now in building) in flight. But do I enjoy it? Hell Yes.
Do I push my building skills? I'm trying too. Will I ever get to what your asking? Doubtful, but sit back and enjoy the ride.
Meaning: What I can do; reading what others can do; watching vids of some awesome launches; and unfortunetly, others mishaps; Dreaming of the day I can actually put something into a stable orbit. Especially when pics & vids show much more in the background than just rockets.

Chris (Cerving)and the 'egg' product line. Intelligent, well thought out, and user friendly. Kits keep the prices affordable and Chris himself is very approachable with a ton of patience. You have GOT to grab something during his sale-you'll be amazed!
Not strictly high power (new DMS motors are right up there!) but John's new iteration of the Jolly Logic Altimeter Two is a very cool advancement.
Still waiting on trying out the new AeroTech motor retainer, but I am rather loyal to AeroPack as Bob has treated me so well in the past.
Jim has a great hit on his hands with the RRC2+ alt-easy to prep and very reliable. Maybe not exactly new, but also a manufacturer that's been a great guy to deal with.

Add another option to the poll -- new electronics.

We had new devices from egg, missleworks, altus metrum, perfectflite and many others - it's been a good year for smaller and cheaper flight computers.

Agree. Electronics are advancing very quickly right now.

My answer: Other, the new electronics are sweet.

The DMS motors I could take or leave. I really don't mind putting together reloads, and having seen a DMS land shark (thrust ring failure) I am even less enthused.

I don't think the poll had enough choices.

Things that make "High Power" rocketry easier or more accessible are the "Best New" products. At least that's the way I see it.

With that as my starting point - the best new high power products are the Estes PSII Leviathan kit, and the AT 29mm HP DMS motors.

Cost and complexity should not be a barrier for folks to enter High Power. :)

I don't think the poll had enough choices.

Things that make "High Power" rocketry easier or more accessible are the "Best New" products. At least that's the way I see it.

With that as my starting point - the best new high power products are the Estes PSII Leviathan kit, and the AT 29mm HP DMS motors.

Cost and complexity should not be a barrier for folks to enter High Power. :)

The Leviathon is my #1 choice. I like the looks, seen some vids, and motor choices are wide.
I think it's the perfect choice for someone like me that has spent years in LPR to step it up.
Especially when the launch field is so limited.
Thanks graciously for your post!

Have to vote "other" only because I am new to HP and still learning and there is quite a lot out there that I have yet to discover!

I voted other. In the 18 years since I became a BAR there has been vast improvements in the hobby in every aspect, even with losing some great vendors and manufacturers.

My specific choice: RRC3.

I'd probably go with electronics as well. I started flying Missileworks altimeters this year and have been very pleased with both the RRC2+ and the RRC3. Jim is a great guy to do business with! Combine that with Perfectflite, Featherweight, etc and there are plenty of great options out there.

Back