Eggtimer Rocketry Black Friday Week Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my package today..........
I am very excited..........
a half doz grade A extra large,,,
and 4 grade A jumbo's....
I'm going to hard boil an extra large on Monday with wire tails ready to be mounted in a sled after a mayo jar flight...
And on Tuesday I'm going to poach a jumbo w/ the RP-SMA connector and a JST battery tail,, all ready to go in a nose cone....

Many thanks to that guy from California for coming up with a great product.....

Teddy

I have gotten around 10 TRS kits to assemble now and can I say they are amazing! Great units, I love the fact that charges can be tested remotely and that the deployment channels can also be changed remotely. This is a great product added to the rocketry hobby along with the Eggtimer and Eggfinder. You get the most bang for your buck with all of these products.

Thanks Cris :)

the last thing I ordered for BF sales was the first thing I received, thanks guys!

Received my order yesterday, thanks Cris! Now I need to find the time to put all these kits together.

I received my package as well.

Hopefully the storms won't delay the order ( too long) from Mouser.
It is suppose to be here Fri.

JD

I just received my package today..........
I am very excited..........
a half doz grade A extra large,,,
and 4 grade A jumbo's....
I'm going to hard boil an extra large on Monday with wire tails ready to be mounted in a sled after a mayo jar flight...
And on Tuesday I'm going to poach a jumbo w/ the RP-SMA connector and a JST battery tail,, all ready to go in a nose cone....

Many thanks to that guy from California for coming up with a great product.....

Teddy

Thanks to all of you for your patience, the number of Black Friday orders outstanding is down to about a dozen. Still waiting for one stupid part... once I get it, everything will ship. If your order was a Christmas present (no, presents to yourself don't count...), please PM or email me and let me know so that I can make sure that your order gets out in time. I think they'll all make it anyway, but I want to be sure...

OK, major problems... I'll be sending out individual emails to everyone whose Eggfinder/Eggtimer TRS order has not been shipped...

The US distributor of Hope RF products, Anarduino (very nice folks, BTW) ran out of HM-TRP modules about halfway through the BFW sale. I thought I had enough to carry me through, but a flurry of last-minute orders left me about 20 units short. Unfortunately, Anarduino isn't going to be getting them from Hope RF until the 23rd or so. To fulfill these orders, I purchased 40 units from an overseas vendor on eBay... there's plenty of people selling them. Now personally, I really don't like to do this, because 1) I'd rather support our US vendors and 2) I've been burned by counterfeit parts over eBay. Got them in a few days ago, went to program them... and they won't program. I've initiated an eBay return for these (IK, good luck with that...), but the bottom line is that I'm not going to be able to ship until I can get REAL Hope RF modules from Anarduino.

Please let me know asap if this is going to be a problem, I know a few of these were Christmas presents. I feel pretty bad about it, but there's not much I can do. I will be happy to refund your money if this is an issue, if you hang on until I get the modules I'll give you a $10 credit when I ship. Thank you so much for your business, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

It's not a problem for me because I didn't take advantage of the sale...but I do plan to order the Eggfinder kit after the holidays. Please let us know when you're able to send out kits again.

Thanks!

Also are the Eggfinder kits now coming with smt resistors?

See what Juan got started...

I thought about putting an SMT discrete component kit together for the TX, but obviously I'd need to change the documentation to go along with it. I agree that once you get the hang of soldering SMT parts, it's actually easier than through-hole parts because you don't have to trim the leads. You DO have to get the hang of it, and they're small and require a bit more care than through-hole parts, so for now I'm not going to do it.

I thought about putting an SMT discrete component kit together for the TX, but obviously I'd need to change the documentation to go along with it. I agree that once you get the hang of soldering SMT parts, it's actually easier than through-hole parts because you don't have to trim the leads. You DO have to get the hang of it, and they're small and require a bit more care than through-hole parts, so for now I'm not going to do it.

No problem. Just me being curious :)

Cris, I can't remember if you've already sent me a shipping notice, but I don't mind waiting a few more weeks for my TRS if mine is one of the on hold units. Thanks for the update.

Cris, I can't remember if you've already sent me a shipping notice, but I don't mind waiting a few more weeks for my TRS if mine is one of the on hold units. Thanks for the update.

Yours went out last week, but it takes about 10 days for it to get to Australia. I have a few Canadian and EU orders that are going to ship, since they don't use the 915 MHz modules (the Canadian version doesn't ship with the RF modules... silly IC regs).

The SMT resistors are dirt cheap. Can find collections on ebay and get if that is what is desired: https://www.ebay.com/itm/0805-SMT-R...135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564a2a1c0f

I just got word that the distributor got his shipment of RF modules, I immediately ordered enough to take care of all the outstanding orders and then some. I'll have them by Friday at the latest, looks like I have a very busy weekend ahead of me...

Thanks to everyone for your patience!

Back