Eggtimer Rocketry Black Friday Week Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK everybody, time to announce the Big Event...

Beginning Friday Nov. 21st and lasting through Monday Dec. 1st, we have some awesome deals...

o Eggfinder LCD Starter Sets, includes Eggfinder TX transmitter and Eggfinder LCD receiver, only $100
o Includes a free RP-SMA connector for the receiver (a $3 value!)

o Eggtimer TRS Starter Sets, includes the brand-new Eggtimer TRS Flight Computer/GPS Tracker and the Eggfinder LCD receiver...only $120 (was $140)
o Includes two free RP-SMA connectors (a $6 value)

o Eggtimer TRS Flight Computer/GPS Tracker, only $75 (was $90)

o Eggfinder TX transmitters, only $50 (was $70)

...and a stocking stuffer:

o Eggtimer Flight Computers, only $25 (was $35)

Don't forget the extras...

o USB-TTL Data Cable...$5
o Extra RP-SMA Connectors...$3 each
o Screw-Terminal Block Set for the Eggtimer TRS...$3

We have stock on everything, hopefully we won't run out, but if we do we'll let you know... we expect that we may have to kit some more products to fill the orders, especially for the Eggtimer TRS since it's new and we don't know how many we're going to sell.

Also, we won't be shipping between Wed. Nov. 26th and Sunday Nov. 30th due to the holiday. Any orders placed in this time will be shipped out the following week, in the order that they were received.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry
www.eggtimerrocketry.com

Absolutely excellent Cris.....
Thank you very much..............
I'm going to get in on this for sure...
That's really funny,,,
The Eggtimer kits ARE stocking stuffers....
I'm going to get a couple for the people in my club.....

Thank you again Cris...

Teddy

This is great. Thanks. I'm in for at least 1 TRS starter set to add another LCD tracker when we have 2 rockets on pad at same time.

Holy moly, deployment + telemetry for $75 and DD altimeters for $25...wow.

/duck reaches for wallet

Sharon and I are in, we need to replace the TX that hammered in at ROCstock, add another TX/LCD RX and put the new TRS in the Super Jart. Putting our order in on Friday...

Sharon and I are in, we need to replace the TX that hammered in at ROCstock, add another TX/LCD RX and put the new TRS in the Super Jart. Putting our order in on Friday...

Are you going to box the LCD again or do it Jus Rockets style ?

I want a TRS also..and think one more timer.

Anybody try 1/4 20 nylon allthread in a av bay setup?

Kenny

Last edited:

Kenny

[thread_jack]

I would think that a 1/4-20 nylon allthread wouldn't have a whole lot of structural capacity... the breaking strength of a 1/4-20 nylon bolt is about 300#. Even in a small rocket, the ejection shock could easily exceed this.

What I did on my Wildman Mini was to use a single long (about 20') 1/8" Kevlar shock cord from the motor mount to the nose cone, and I used JB Weld to glue it to the inside of the AV bay about (leaving 10' of Kevlar on either side). There are small notches in the bulkplates to pass the cord through, there's no structural load on the bulkplates. Very light, and no metal.

[/thread_jack]

I will be in for an Eggfinder LCD Starter set! *credit card ready*

Matt

Kenny

I might get with Juan and take another look at his housing setup, not sure we will go that route...
We placed our order this morning also, if you call 4:30 am morning....

Order placed, I'm didn't get up as early as Mathew and Wayco (there's something wrong with them boys:D).

I think that I am finally going to have to breakdown and get me an Eggfinder !

Uhhhhh, there is going to be a lot of happy people out there who are going to be worrying a lot less about "outta sight" flights.
Just make sure ya read the user guide very closely. There's a learning curve there but me suspects it will be a pleasure to master. Kurt

I ordered the LCD starter set. I'm just as excited to build this kit as I am to fly it. Thanks Cris

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Kenny

I wouldn't trust nylon all-thread. I've heard of an ebay "rip-through" in a large project that should have used 4 metal all threads instead of two.

I'd say go to a bulkhead cable mount like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/cable-RP-S...Coaxial_Cables_Connectors&hash=item3f2ee1a3da

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6INCH-RP-S...osters_Extenders_Antennas&hash=item20e72106ac

Could have the antenna face aft or forward. If forward, be certain you provide some protection of the antenna for powder flash. If aft, use one of the jointed antennas:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/900MHz-3-5...ectional_Network_Antennas&hash=item4ce6e0fcb0

I wished they had an antenna like this for 900Mhz:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Sin...pt=US_Radio_Comm_Antennas&hash=item2a3b4f878a

I have one on the aft bulkhead for a Beeline GPS tracker installation. Rocket is metallic painted and shields the Rf transmission. Interestingly, the GPS signals are transparent so the unit gets the position fixes. At least the antenna is exposed at apogee. Range check is great.

A long antenna on the aft end might be prone to damage but heck, they can be replaced and the connector on the Egg Finder is not in jepardy. The jointed antenna may just "flop over" to prevent damage depending on position on landing. Kurt

I might get with Juan and take another look at his housing setup, not sure we will go that route...
We placed our order this morning also, if you call 4:30 am morning....

Made a few deals today !

Selling Exactimator my eGGfinder TX and ordered a TRS to be drop shipped to Connor !

Took the BOM from Jus Rockets and ordered the cool LCD case and belt clip for my LCD RX from Allied. Then eBayed the LCD jumper set and RP-SMA male bulkhead jumper cable also.

Kenny

Just ordered a Eggfinder LCD Starter set and an Eggtimer. Now to figure out what batteries to order...

Just ordered a Eggfinder LCD Starter set and an Eggtimer. Now to figure out what batteries to order...

2S 7.4V lithium for the Egg Finder and you'll have a choice as to how to power the D version of the EggTimer. Download the instructions and you can see that you can have up to three batteries, one for the computer electronics, and one each on the both channels. Or one for the computer
and one for both channels "or" one battery for the whole shebang.

Be aware that if you go with a 3.7V battery to power the electronics and have a separate pyro battery, you "CANNOT" pre-install ematches without having a switch on the pyro battery itself. If you do, there will be a low level drain on the pyro battery and if you wait a long time, might end up with a dead pyro battery. This condition will exist even if the 3.7V battery is turned off from the computer electronics. I found this out by bench testing a rev C board with LED's. They glowed with the 3.7V power off from the altimeter/computer.

Now, one way around this is to install two switches, one for the pyro battery, one for the 3.7V computer/electronics. Yeah it's a hassle but to be totally "safe" it would be the way to go. The other way would be to get a double pole single throw keyswitch of which they are available out there. Turn it on and both circuits are "on". Turn it "off" and they're both "off". Or go with the single battery option that is now an available "build option" on the rev D board (ie. parts are there to do it either way). Kurt

Last edited:
Be aware that if you go with a 3.7V battery to power the electronics and have a separate pyro battery, you "CANNOT" pre-install ematches without having a switch on the pyro battery itself. If you do, there will be a low level drain on the pyro battery and if you wait a long time, might end up with a dead pyro battery. This condition will exist even if the 3.7V battery is turned off from the computer electronics. I found this out by bench testing a rev C board with LED's. They glowed with the 3.7V power off from the altimeter/computer.

Now, one way around this is to install two switches, one for the pyro battery, one for the 3.7V computer/electronics. Yeah it's a hassle but to be totally "safe" it would be the way to go. The other way would be to get a double pole single throw keyswitch of which they are available out there. Turn it on and both circuits are "on". Turn it "off" and they're both "off". Or go with the single battery option that is now an available "build option" on the rev D board (ie. parts are there to do it either way). Kurt

I'm pretty sure that you ALWAYS have to have a switch on the pyro channels, per NAR/TRA. Besides being "safe" when you take it to the RSO/LCO table, it mitigates the small (< 1 ma) drain on the deployment battery when the computer is "off".

An update on shipping...

All of the orders I have so far WITHOUT Eggtimer TRS's have shipped.

Some parts that were supposed to arrive "just in time" didn't... I expect them Monday. Once I get them, I'll start shipping TRS's.

I ran out of LCD PC boards, the demand was about twice what I was expecting. I'll have them right after the Thanksgiving weekend, so I expect that anything that doesn't get shipped early this week will go out early next week.

Thanks for your orders so far, and keep 'em coming... I'm make however many you want.

Cris Erving
Eggtimer Rocketry

Back