Hobby Lobby is doing 40% off your most expensive rocket item every day until Xmas.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab28682

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they are doing 40% off you most expensive item not otherwise on sale, not just rocket stuff...;)

Lots of regulars know about this, but though it would slip past a lot of folks as well.

40% off coupon on the hobbylobby.com web site. Flash your phone showing the coupon at them to get the code for the discount, or I think you can also print them off. One coupon per customer per day, but I saw people passing through the lines more than once with no issues.

I drive by one on my way home every day, so have scored a couple of kits and some Estes E and F motors.

Another interesting rocket item at our local HL stores is the re-released AMT Man In Space plastic model kit with five 1/200 scale rocket kits in one box: Mercury Redstone, Mercury Atlas, Gemini Titan, Saturn 1 and Saturn V. Retail is 29.99, but only 18 bucks with the coupon. Heck of a deal and some inexpensive PMC possibilities.

I tell other customers about this online coupon every time I visit HL. Just keep it on your favorites on your smart phone, or Google "Hobby Lobby coupon." The cashier keys in the code on the coupon to get you the discount. Now my city has a brand new Hobby Lobby right next to other stores where I shop each week, so I usually stop in when I'm out shopping and just buy one item and use the coupon.

I tell other customers about this online coupon every time I visit HL. Just keep it on your favorites on your smart phone, or Google "Hobby Lobby coupon." The cashier keys in the code on the coupon to get you the discount. Now my city has a brand new Hobby Lobby right next to other stores where I shop each week, so I usually stop in when I'm out shopping and just buy one item and use the coupon.
I did this as recently as two Saturdays ago when I was inneed of some cheap 1/4" plywood. The 40% is almost not worth the effort on small items but a large Pro II rocket it's definitely worth the coupon.

How do you spell Ron White's "koopin"?

Another interesting rocket item at our local HL stores is the re-released AMT Man In Space plastic model kit with five 1/200 scale rocket kits in one box: Mercury Redstone, Mercury Atlas, Gemini Titan, Saturn 1 and Saturn V. Retail is 29.99, but only 18 bucks with the coupon. Heck of a deal and some inexpensive PMC possibilities.

Got it for XMAS last year. I need to move this up the build priority list ! :)

AMT Man in Space.jpg

Should have picked up one of these when they were available; haven't seen them in several years.

mercurycapsuletn.jpg

I used mine twice last weekend. Annoyingly, neither of the two Hobby Lobbys near me have A8-3s in stock! :/

Hobby Lobby also has an app for Android or iOS that does the same thing. Faster than using your phones' browser.

FC

If I am near one I always stop and get some engines. Can't beat that price.

It's funny...the Hobby Lobby app is one of the most used apps on my phone.....

Just moved back to Hobby Lobby territory need to see if the local store cares rocket stuff. And the add on the page for me is a hobby lobby coupon link.

Huh.... out by me the only bulk pack they had was the A8-3's.
Thankfully that's the one I wanted.

I tend to take a minimalist approach to how many apps I have on my phone. Easy enough to simply leave that browser page open and tap into it.

Headed back there several more times in the upcoming week....:)

Our Hobby Lobby doesn't carry as much Rocket stuff anymore! Mainly low power and No F's or G's
since last year. Sucks...
By using the 40% coupon it puts the price in the fair range.
No more Pro II rockets either!
Last time I went was because my wife was going in there, otherwise I wasn't going to bother...

JP

I stopped by my the Hobby Lobby twice in the past week and they had the same stuff as usual. About a 20 kits, two PSII, and a variety of BP motors up to F. Was hoping to spot the new PSII kit but no joy...

I use that coupon to buy most of my BP motors. Brings them back down to the prices I was used to when I got started in rocketry!

Also, make sure to check out the clearance areas, I've bought a couple of Estes kits for next to nothing (2x Vagabond, 1 Mini Red Max). I wish they did have a little better variety in their kits, too many of them are RTF or E2X, which are good for the one and done crowd, but don't do too much for me.

They also have a ton of material that is handy for scratchbuilding. Between them and Michael's (which has just almost totally done away with their rocketry stuff) I don't spend too much on birch plywood!

Tom,

Search for "Estes" and the stuff will come up. (Along with some odd stuff that is clearly nothing to do with rockets.)

https://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/?keyword=estes

Right, and, as mentioned in the first post, they have the AMT Man in Space USA manned space rockets (Mercury-Redstone/Atlas, Gemini-Titan, Apollo-Saturn, pre-shuttle era) plastic model kits, as well as many other plastic model kits that might be suitable for PMC (plastic model conversion) to a flying model rocket.

Back