• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pre-Black F/S Sale - 3 Aerotech Phoenix Kits Plus Extras!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabby8891

Habitual Tree Finder
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The hype is building for all the potential sales in less than two weeks. So, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and offer some kits that I thought were cool, but I will never get around to building.
First - the backstory. I decided to get into Rocketry about 7-8 years ago. After snooping around the internet to familiarize myself with what was out there, I happened to see an Aerotech Phoenix kit
on eBay. My curiosity was piqued, so I bid and won the kit. My brother flew RC planes, so I thought I would have someone to help me fly it. As I was accumulating things I needed to fly it, I ran into another
kit, bought it. I then discovered a company that used to be HQ'd in Mpls (where I live) who was reviving the kit, and bought one of those too...So, here I am with three kits and everything needed to launch/fly
them....I have decided to stay with traditional rockets and my bread and butter rockets are 3 and 4 inch diameter. I'm not an altitude junkie - I like watching them lift off relatively slow from the pad....

That creates the following opportunity...I have decided to make this an auction. I am doing this because the Phoenix is a unique and somewhat rare kit. It is difficult to determine the value of these kits,
so I will let the TRF community decide that. They are only worth what someone is willing to spend on them.

Here is what I have:

1a. Aerotech Phoenix kit (partially built). I have epoxied the balsa sheets to the foam cores (vacuum bagged) and glued/shaped the leading edge. I have partially begun the fuselage and tail.
This kit is complete and I even laminated the full scale plans. SOLD
1b. Aerotech Phoenix kit. Complete and new in box. SOLD
1c. SkyKing RC Phoenix kit. Complete and new in box. For those not familiar, he re-introduced the Bob Parks Phoenix with upgraded technology. SOLD

2a. 32mm Aerotech RMS-RC motor case. new in package. SOLD
2b. 32mm Aerotech RMS-RC motor case. new in package. SOLD

3. Aerotech Mantis Launch Pad. This is what is left from a kit that had the rocket, pad, controller, and motors. The rocket and motors have been removed (prior to me purchasing it). The pad and controller are new and never built/used.
I will include 4 anodized aluminum rods with the launch pad. These are used to make the launch platform for the Phoenix. Minimum bid $50

4. Futaba 6EX1024 Control system. This package contains all the electronics you need to fly the Phoenix. Minimum bid $50

5. Aerotech RMS-RC reloads. I have 6 unopened packages (2 reloads per package), size F13-RC. These could be a little tricky to mail/transport. I do not have a license to ship these, but I can work with our local rocketry vendor
ship these or I can work with the winning bidder to meet me in the midwest, at a launch, or whatever. I know people who travel to certain parts of the US. Somehow we can make it work. SOLD

Phoenix 003.jpgPhoenix 004.jpgPhoenix 005.jpgPhoenix 001.jpgPhoenix 002.jpgPhoenix 006.jpgPhoenix 007.jpgPhoenix 008.jpg

Please note: The two Aerotech kits have a sticker on the box that states they include the 32mm motor case. They ARE NOT included in the kit. I am selling them separately because someone may want the kit, but not the motor
case if they already have one. Also, I am including a copy of the 1992 Model Builders magazine article of the Aerotech Phoenix in each kit.

Here is how I would like to run the auction. If you are interested in any of the above items, please send me a PM with the item number(s) and the amount you are willing to bid for each item. I will accept bids for one week, and will
close the bidding at 9PM on Monday 11/24. My goal is to sell everything, so here is how I will determine winners. I don't want to sell only the kits, but also all the accessories. Therefore, for each additional non-kit
item you bid on, I will increase the "winning bid decision value" of your bid by 10% (Phoenix kits only).

Example - if you place a bid on kit 1a for $100, and you bid on three other items. I will consider that a $130 bid when compared to other bids. The non-kit bid values will stand on their own when compared to other bids for that item.
I hope this makes sense - and I hope this is fair -encouraging bids on more than 1 item. I will post the highest bid next to each description above each evening. I will NOT post on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, as I will be out of town, with no access to the internet.

Finally, bids do NOT include shipping. buyer will pay actual shipping charges and I will charge nothing for packaging, handling etc.

So, thanks for reading my post and let the fun begin.

Last edited:
I have received bids on two items, please see original post. Also, based on feedback, I have reduced the minimum bid on the Futaba system to $50...

OK, TRFers - I am leaving town, with no access to the internet until Sunday afternoon. At that time, I will update the original post if there are any more bids. I will then update at 9PM Sunday, and again throughout the day on Monday
as bids come in (if any). At 9PM on Monday 11/24, I will end the auction and PM the winners to get address for shipping charges. Thanks again to everyone for looking..

Received my kit today. Great packaging and delivery faster than a speeding bullet. Kit is in mint condition as much as it can be for as long ago as these were manufactured. I think this is the 6th or 7th one I have had and either built or resold. I think I will be making templates for this one as there can't be too many of these left anymore.

Thanks gabby for a perfect transaction. Maybe a build thread...............later.

I have to point out this seller is one of the reasons rocket guys are the best! I trashed my back pretty severely and haven't been able to walk, let alone get to work. I explained my situation and rather than repost, he's working with me until I get better. I've had my heart set on a Bob Parks re-issue since he came out with them. Gabby (Kevin) is truly a 'steely-eyed missile man' and a credit to TRF. Sterling seller! Thank you so much for your trust and understanding.

Joe, Dave - thanks so much for the kudos..Working with others in our little rocketeering community has been a great experience - and I have been helped by more than a few members and vendors..
Hope these kits get built and flown successfully.

Note to all. I was contacted after the close of the auction regarding the motors and pending xfer of funds - they are now sold as well. I will update the initial post.

Glad you sold them all!

(Well... not so much that you sold them all... but more that it wasn't ME that ended up buying them all! :rolleyes:)

Back