Estes Black star Voyager.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horaryelrod100

Reaction score
This could be considered "Mid-power", and I'm sure some are, but D-E size propellant seem just fine.

The kit is about 2/3 complete. The harder details of building the fins are complete. This is genuinely a pleasure to build....not necessarily difficult, but certainly time consuming for proper fit. There hasn't been any "uh-ohs" thus far, as it's well planned out. Experienced builders will build this kit in sections. By first scimming the directions, then rereading to verify the steps, it's a kit you'll build in your head as you progress. All the components fit as they should, so gap filling, beveling etc, is moderate, but not extensive. Test fitting is really recommended here, but you'll pleased with how accurate the kit comes together.

No hurry on this build, so it's couple weeks out from completion. In case anyone has been curious, it's a lot stronger than it appears.

100_1819.jpg100_1821.jpg100_1822.jpg100_1823.jpg

Somehow I've never noticed before that the Fins on this Rocket are so 3 Dimensional.
Looks great!!!:clap:

I love this kit, and it was one of my favorites to build. I took some thick paper and covered the bottom of those big fins so it wouldn't have voids. It flies great on AT 24mm motors, I haven't flown it with anything else. Just be careful with the decals, they were a little flimsy. Looks great so far.

Looking good so far, I agree it was an enjoyable build. I have flown mine on everything from a D 12-3 to an E 20-4 and it flew great every time. This is one of my favorite rockets. I am drawn to the fin design, certainly one of Estes better efforts. Here is a shot of mine taken by Jim Flis (of FlisKits) at one of our club (CMASS) launches:View attachment 246755

The Black Star Voyager is my favorite builders kit I've designed for Estes to date.

John Boren

About 95% complete, save for final sanding, fitting etc. Spring will bring weather to paint/decal. Great kit....Kudos to The designer/Estes. God forbid they create a "Level 6"......:)100_1838.jpg100_1837.jpg100_1833.jpg

Back