Ultraman!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Since many folks on here are "the right age," how many of you remember Ultraman?

Ultraman. Here he comes from the sky.
Ultraman. Watch our hero fly!
In a superjet he comes from a billion miles away,
From a distant planet land
Comes our hero Ultraman!

I bought the DVD set a few years ago, and now my kids are getting into it. "Using his beta capsule, Hyata becomes ... Ultraman!"

I watched it religiously as a kid in the mid-70's. I think it came on around 7am on Saturday mornings on WTCG (the broadcast station that eventually became WTBS and now just TBS).

I thought it was an awesome show but I was always frustrated by the fact that Ultraman needed some WAY better batteries. He was forever running out of juice early in a fight.

I was more into Johnny Sokko. I wanted his watch so bad.

[video=youtube;s8kM_ps5uVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8kM_ps5uVo[/video]

UltraMan has been on and off in Japan for many years - just like Sentai (Power Rangers). When No1Son was around 11, "Ultraman Tiga" aired in the US. One of the actresses was the daughter of the actor who played Hyata in the old series

I had an ultraman Halloween costume one year...one of those ones with the horrible mask you couldn't breathe through (much less see) and the outfit when inexplicably did not look like ultraman's suit but instead had pictures of ultraman on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I had an ultraman Halloween costume one year...one of those ones with the horrible mask you couldn't breathe through (much less see) and the outfit when inexplicably did not look like ultraman's suit but instead had pictures of ultraman on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Oh, yeah! I had a Spider-man costume that looked very little like his, and right across the chest was the word "SPIDER-MAN". The rubber bands on those plastic masks used to rip into my ears....

Back