There's something wrong with the sky

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbelknap

Reaction score
It's gray, and there's water falling from it. I don't understand...

Is this that "rain" stuff people keep talking about?

Are you from that "Drought-ifornia" state people keep talking about? :p

The stories are true.. it does actually exist…
It's great that we're finally getting some rain in CA. Maybe snow ranch will have enough grass for a launch in december!

Wonders never cease! We are having this so-called "rain" I have heard of in fairytales here too! What's next, unicorns and dragons?

Barbarian need not be thirsty now. Go outside, drink, shower, wash your clothes without the worry that you are wasting water.

If Oregon could export water to California, we would be rich!

I have reports coming in from friends in Oakland and Santa Cruz that it was raining on the drive into work. Someone was even on the shoulder of Highway 17 taking a picture. That guy is insane. No-one should pull over on highway 17!

there was this strange white powdery substance on my car when I last looked.
Rex

When I checked the weather radar this morning, it showed a lot rain over Snow Ranch.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll have a launch in possibly December or January.

*Sigh* I was really hoping for some heavy humidity so I wouldn't have to go out and rake all the dead leaves off the front 'dirt' we call a yard. (Me: "Honey, I'm going to rake the 6 yards". Her: "SIX yards? We only have one". Me: "and it's about 6 yards of worthless dirt, so...".) Hmmm- I have rockets...wonder how much trouble I'd get into seeding the clouds???

*Sigh* I was really hoping for some heavy humidity so I wouldn't have to go out and rake all the dead leaves off the front 'dirt' we call a yard. (Me: "Honey, I'm going to rake the 6 yards". Her: "SIX yards? We only have one". Me: "and it's about 6 yards of worthless dirt, so...".) Hmmm- I have rockets...wonder how much trouble I'd get into seeding the clouds???

Fishing is always best on overcast days 'cause the fish can't squint there eyes. It's overcast today so I think I'll call my old fishing buddy.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/attach...s-free-swivel-tip-upgrade-best-store-logo.jpg

I am near Milwaukee, and we got about two inches of snow last night.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

there was this strange white powdery substance on my car when I last looked.
Rex
You have me rolling on that one,ours is coming tonight ad into this week here in NE Ohio.:roll:

Sunday I spent some time shoveling the snow from my driveway, tonight they are forecasting a low of 6F.
Rex

High 60s low 70s down in sunny San Diego.

The weather here is really weird. 75 at 10am, down to 65 by 3pm due to the ocean air moving in..and fog!

Gotta say, no snow is great though.

We have that styrofoam looking stuff falling from the sky and the sun no longer heats us (12 degrees Fahrenheit) but it is Nov in Ky.

Sent from my sub-etha device using Rocketry Forum

According to my local TV Broadcast System this morning, Climate Change is in something they refer to as Fal-ter. Prounounced Faulter.
Where Winter steps on Fall. Leave it to TV weather personel to find a way to fault what they seam fail at accurately prodicting.
Coarse, this station is always been wrong. Now that they have dopler, at least they get it right once in a while. I think it's a training station or something.

It looks like more of this mysterious "rain" is forecast for the Bay Area for Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

No rain on Friday, but there will be flying monkeys.

I remember when a cocaine flurry closed LaGuardia in the 1970's...

ClosedDueToCocaine.jpg

Back