How many people here are engineers, and if so what kind?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer? If so what kind?

• Computer

• Software

• Aerospace

• Mechanical

• Chemical

• Biomedical

• Electrical

• Aeronautical

• Civil

Results are only viewable after voting.
Electrical Engineer with experience in System/PCB/VLSI design and low-power wireless communication.
(Read: Can't wait to design and build the mother of all launch controllers)
Working in the Semiconductor/Memory field as a Product Engineer.
No PE, EE's don't usually need to go that route.

Electrical Engineer with experience in System/PCB/VLSI design and low-power wireless communication.
(Read: Can't wait to design and build the mother of all launch controllers)
Working in the Semiconductor/Memory field as a Product Engineer.
No PE, EE's don't usually need to go that route.

Do you know how many engineers we have in our club? They are mostly HP/Micron engineers. Seems like most have an idea for systems of some sort. Then there's me, ex-metal musician and cab driver :D

Kind of surprising to see that I am not the only Biomedical engineer on here (just don't seem to be that many of us).

I specialize in medical imaging, mostly DR x-ray (film processors are the devil).

I have a degree in aerospace engineering, but work in the automotive industry doing ECU calibration. Kind of a mix between electrical, mechanical, and software engineering.

How about non-degree rocket scientist? Trained by the Air Force as a Space Support Team Chief. Seriously, utmost respect for those who call themselves engineers

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Do you know how many engineers we have in our club? They are mostly HP/Micron engineers. Seems like most have an idea for systems of some sort. Then there's me, ex-metal musician and cab driver :D

I think our club is almost exclusively engineers, unless you count the few computer scientists (may as well be software engineers) we have.

I design software for audio gear used in broadcast radio / TV. An engineer with a small "e" as I am not one via formal education. Self taught maniac.

:)

-C

Mechanical, high speed automation & packaging equipment. Currently project manager for updates to global liquid packing lines.

BS, MS, PhD in EE - specializing in RF/microwave, electromagnetics, antennas. BS/MS from Clemson, PhD from CU-Boulder. Also took some ceramics/materials/mechanical engineering classes, which I continue to use...

And I did a couple of internships at Johnson Space Center.

I design software for audio gear used in broadcast radio / TV. An engineer with a small "e" as I am not one via formal education. Self taught maniac.

:)

-C

AH HA! The Truth Comes Out!!!! (I knew you had some radio in you from the professionalism of the podcast....)

Lol well I have a PhD in Counseling and another PhD in Psychology..........does that qualify me as "mind or behavioral engineer"? LOL JK

Why the curiosity? Considering the field?

Since there's no category for "Firmware", which is a mix of both Electrical & Software, I checked Electrical, since that's my degree, but work is primarily FPGA (VHDL) and deeply embedded software (Mostly C & C++).

Crap! I knew I was in the wrong place! Hell, I can't even get my VCR to quit blinking (yeah- I still have one!). I guess I'll go across the street for a beer. Maybe I can dazzle somebody over there with long division.......

AH HA! The Truth Comes Out!!!! (I knew you had some radio in you from the professionalism of the podcast....)

LOL. Kind of hard to hide it. A google search and I show up all over the place on this kind of stuff. ::wink::

Just happy to use those talents for a hobby I love. Both in the technology in the rockets, and in the podcast.

:-D

Naval Architect/Marine Engineer. If my rocket doesn't fly, at least it will float.

Mechanical when I was young, Software in the middle, now Marine and very, very old ;)

David,

Nice poll but I think the data shows only the distribution of engineering degrees in general. It has not answered the question how many rocketry folks are engineer vs. not engineer. Was that your intention?

Otherwise don't go nuke. Your job prospects will be narrow. Instead please consider materials engineering or metallurgy. Those are folks we need in my present company. We just can't find them because the aerospace guys have snagged them with good salaries and benefits. Just an opinion. It's better to love what you do than to love what you earn.

Feckless

You forgot the modelrailroad engineer,All aboard!!!!!!!!:wink:

Aerospace engineer by training, currently doing satellite mission planning and ground system testing. Hopefully I can get more into simulation and modeling once I get my MS.

ME by schooling. AE by company. Engineer engineer by current role - my job is to make the engineers play nice in the sandbox.

"Hey! Don't you dare leave that turd there without at least kicking some sand over it."

Back