MadCow Black Friday?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It worked alright for me, I got the 54mm frenzy- $80!! Also picked up the 4" pike, and 3" Aerobee. Thanks madcow for a great sale!Nate

Looks like you're going to have a lot of nice rockets begging for some 38mm power :) These sales are sweet, I picked up a RW Broken Arrow 54, DD and everything for only $70!

Picked up a mini Tomach, but that 29 mm motor tube is going to end up as a pencil holder if you get my drift. It IS a Tomach after all. :) Also couldn't pass up the DD Screech. Something to fit between the 54 mm and 3" DD rockets already in the fleet. Thanks Madcow for another great Black Friday sale!

Thank you everyone for a your business today.

We really appreciate you all for your support, not just for today, but all year!

It makes it a lot more fun for us to make products you all enjoy - keep those requests and comments coming.

Thanks again - looking forward to another great year!

Mike
Madcow Rocketry

Mike - You have some excellent kits, although my finances didn't allow me to buy anything this year you will always have my business throughout the year. I'm sure everyone got some really cool kits and great prices to boot!!:)

Picked up a 4" Pike with the standard Av-bay. This will be my first Madcow kit, hopefully not the last. Any thoughts on the need to fiberglass the kit, or are they beefy enough to fly stock? I kind of like the idea of flying light and high with smaller motors. Either way, it was a great sale, looking forward to the building and the flying.

Tom

I believe I got their last 5.5 Agm 33 Pike on Friday. Great deal looking forward to building it.
Thanks Mike

Picked up a 4" Pike with the standard Av-bay. This will be my first Madcow kit, hopefully not the last. Any thoughts on the need to fiberglass the kit, or are they beefy enough to fly stock? I kind of like the idea of flying light and high with smaller motors. Either way, it was a great sale, looking forward to the building and the flying.

Tom

I built mine (purchased at last years sale) stock with 5 minute epoxy, following the kit instructions and it can handle 5 grain J motors no problem. Just remember to reinforce the body tube behind the aft centering ring. I didn't and it gets dinged up when landing on hard desert. But that's just cosmetic.

One of these days when I'm rich I'm going to buy the 5.5" Pike. It's impressive!

Edited to add: I've also launched it on a 2 grain VMAX and had a late deploy with no problems on either.

Last edited:

Tom

The big question is - will anyone ever see it fly?

:flyingpig:

The big question is - will anyone ever see it fly?

:flyingpig:

Oh lord I hope so~ Getting to the end of phase one (9 bldg retrofit) and staring at phase two (could be 7 or 25! retrofit, DOE is mulling it over). Now spending time trying to get the house in shape to sell. I just hate it when life gets in the way of rockets! Gotta get to a launch before I go crazy.

Tom

Tom

I glassed the 4" frenzy I received last year as a black Friday gift (on Christmas), but only because I wanted to- that kit was beefy! It was my only madcow build so far, but I bet the quality of the frenzy is the norm, not the exception.

I glassed the 4" frenzy I received last year as a black Friday gift (on Christmas), but only because I wanted to- that kit was beefy! It was my only madcow build so far, but I bet the quality of the frenzy is the norm, not the exception.

Thanks, appreciate the input.

Tom

Thanks for the fast service Mike, Three lucky folks will get a Madcow Christmas next Saturday!

Thanks for the fast service Mike, Three lucky folks will get a Madcow Christmas next Saturday!

Yes, super fast shipping! I wasn't supposed to know I got anything from the sale, but apparently any shipment to my home triggers a notification from my FedEx account...whoops! Don't know what's in the box, but am excited regardless, 'cause I know it'll be a great kit!

Tom

Smartass answer: It is sold as a kit. There is no fiberglass included in the package or suggested in the instructions, right? That should answer your question. I don't understand why so many folks want to fiberglass everything they see.

Helpful answer: Yes, plenty beefy when built stock. The 1/4" fins are not going anywhere, even without foam or without internal fillets. Reinforce the BT behind the fins as someone else suggested. I did L2 with the cardboard Frenzy. There are several build threads on that kit from which you can get ideas. Enjoy your purchase.

Smartass answer: It is sold as a kit. There is no fiberglass included in the package or suggested in the instructions, right? That should answer your question. I don't understand why so many folks want to fiberglass everything they see.

Helpful answer: Yes, plenty beefy when built stock. The 1/4" fins are not going anywhere, even without foam or without internal fillets. Reinforce the BT behind the fins as someone else suggested. I did L2 with the cardboard Frenzy. There are several build threads on that kit from which you can get ideas. Enjoy your purchase.

Smartass answer: correctly described

Helpful answer: appreciated.

I also did my level 2 with a cardboard and wood glue HyperLoc 835. Took a bunch of J's without flinching. Biggest wear and tear came from the BP ejection charges as I am from the blow it off or blow it up school of thought. Still gets launched almost everytime I fly and the first flight was in 2007. Pretty tough cardboard.

Our last Black Friday order has finally shipped!

Thank you to all who participated in the sale this year - you definitely challenged us this year by blowing away last year. We did make our 2 week ship everything goal, but we needed extra Santa's helpers this year :)

Want to also thank our manufacturing partners for their excellent service this year.

Our last Black Friday order has finally shipped!

Thank you to all who participated in the sale this year - you definitely challenged us this year by blowing away last year. We did make our 2 week ship everything goal, but we needed extra Santa's helpers this year :)

Want to also thank our manufacturing partners for their excellent service this year.

Thank you! Received my order on Friday.
NikeMikey

Mine was waiting on the doorstep today, FedEx says it got here Friday!

I bought the 4" Patriot, but I actually have other plans for it.

Mine was waiting on the doorstep today, FedEx says it got here Friday!

I bought the 4" Patriot, but I actually have other plans for it.

Funny, FEDEX said my delivery date was going to be Tuesday the 16th, but there it was on the evening of Saturday the 13th, waiting on my door step when I got back that night.

Thanks MadCow!

Well, I was out of town, so I was just taking their tracking at their word. :)

I greatly prefer FedEx ground specifically for the reason you mention. They keep their ground packages moving, regardless of what the estimated delivery date is. UPS on several occasions has shuffled a ground package between hubs or just let it sit at one a few days since it was running ahead of schedule. I'm not sure if it is deliberate on their part to push people to faster services or not.

Well, worked through a little bit of a Paypal address snafu with Mike @ Madcow and received my Dual-Deploy Screech today. This one kind of stood out to me as a great buy during the BF sale--actually still a good buy at $159. Solid 2.6" design, not just thin-wall FG and dual deploy ready, but REALLY READY with the inclusion of a two-board sandwich-style av-bay sled and all accessories! Thanks for offering this up Mike!!!

screech_600_1__31154.1417111533.1280.1280.jpg

Back