Black Friday/Saturday Sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I miss this one?? Feel like sharing any details, Teddy?

I can tell you this much,,
The sale is better then last years sale..
The discounts are bigger than last years discounts...
There's even special items at ridiculous prices
specifically made to be matched with items from other vendors................

Ya just won't be able to beat this with a stick..............

Teddy

To all the people who will be buying new rockets during the sales, the majority do not come with recovery harnesses - so teddy is your man to outfit your new rocket with the best equality harnesses you can get!

I have a couple of his harnesses, and man are they awesome! The Kevlar cords are of beautiful quality, and ridiculously strong - I literally don't think they will ever break or wear out. I love them!

You want to get the best when it comes to recovery harnesses - the last thing you want is a your harness failing on you, causing you to lose that valuable/precious rocket, or your certification! Have the peace of mind that the strength, quality and reliability of Onebadhawk recovery harnesses will bring you.

Not to mention teddy is an amazing guy to deal with, and truly intent on making sure you are a happy customer in every respect. Can't wait for the sale! :D

If I sign up today, can I receive this magical email before it is too late?

Tim has an Email list, and a Wildman Club. If you join either one you will get emails from Tim but you are only qualified to get special deals if you are in the Wildman Club.

The email was just a "test" email sent out to those who are on Wildman's email list or a club member. Tim does this every year before the big sale to be sure the email is working. It simply said that "this is a test for Black Saturday and an email will be sent out on Wed, 11/26 at 6:30pm that Wildman Club Members don't want to miss".

In the past Tim has allowed people to either purchase or renew their club membership at the same time as buying whatever he has on sale at Club Member pricing. SO that means that if you are not a current member, you can put the special club member deal in your cart AND buy the membership at the same time and when Tim actually charges your CC, he will give you the club price for whatever he had on special for club members. The membership is good for one year from date of purchase and gets you discounts all year long.

Hope that helps to explain things a little.

...Fudd

Last edited:
Tim has an Email list, and a Wildman Club. If you join either one you will get emails from Tim but you are only qualified to get special deals if you are in the Wildman Club.

The email was just a "test" email sent out to those who are on Wildman's email list or a club member. Tim does this every year before the big sale to be sure the email is working. It simply said that "this is a test for Black Saturday and an email will be sent out on Wed, 11/26 at 6:30pm that Wildman Club Members don't want to miss".

In the past Tim has allowed people to either purchase or renew their club membership at the same time as buying whatever he has on sale at Club Member pricing. SO that means that if you are not a current member, you can put the special club member deal in your cart AND buy the membership at the same time and when Tim actually charges your CC, he will give you the club price for whatever he had on special for club members. The membership is good for one year from date of purchase and gets you discounts all year long.

Hope that helps to explain things a little.

...Fudd

Thanks! "Wed, 11/26 at 6:30pm that Wildman Club Members" is the part that I wanted to hear the most. I was worried that Wayne meant 11/19 when he said Wednesday, so I wanted to know if there was some sort of special week-early deal for club members. Your message let me know that I have another few days to become a member. I have participated in the sale for a few years now, but never as a member.

JonRocket.com is offering store-wide savings on model rocket kits, parts, accessories, and supplies. Savings of up to 50% off JonRocket.com’s already discounted prices will be offered from Thursday, November 27, through Monday, December 1. The specials will be listed on the web site and are limited to items that are in stock. The items on sale, and the special prices, will be updated at midnight each evening of the sale. Purchase quantities may be limited.

-- Roger

To all the people who will be buying new rockets during the sales, the majority do not come with recovery harnesses - so teddy is your man to outfit your new rocket with the best equality harnesses you can get!

I have a couple of his harnesses, and man are they awesome! The Kevlar cords are of beautiful quality, and ridiculously strong - I literally don't think they will ever break or wear out. I love them!

You want to get the best when it comes to recovery harnesses - the last thing you want is a your harness failing on you, causing you to lose that valuable/precious rocket, or your certification! Have the peace of mind that the strength, quality and reliability of Onebadhawk recovery harnesses will bring you.

Not to mention teddy is an amazing guy to deal with, and truly intent on making sure you are a happy customer in every respect. Can't wait for the sale! :D

OK,, OK Coleman,,,,,,,,
I know I owe you big now....
Do you want just cash for this,, or will store credit suffice....lol..

Thank you Coleman....lol

Teddy

Loki Research will not be having any kind of Black Friday sale. I will be spending some greatly needed time off with my wife and both of our families. For me, spending time with my family to be thankful for what we have is more important than focusing on selling products.

Over the past 3 years unbeknownst to you, some vendors slash and burn pricing tactics have been extremely damaging to the hobby motor market, making it very difficult for manufacturers like myself to bring new products to market. It has also been very damaging to other smaller motor vendors as well. In some cases they loose about half a seasons worth of motor purchases from customers all in one morning. And for all vendors, it has lowered the "value" and price of reloads in many customers eyes. This has lowered profits and therefore lowered many dealers ability to keep the shelves stocked to offer a wider selection of products.

Being in the fliers shoes before for most of my life, I fully understand that many of you don't understand the dynamics at play in a small market like this. I never understood them before, and I never cared too. Why would I need to? Give me something at 50% off and I'll be all over it, just don't explain to me why it's this way. It doesn't affect me..... Or so I thought.

However, now I can tell you that when you can buy $100 reloads, as many as you want, and can buy them at $60 a piece, on average it makes it extremely difficult to sell those same reloads for any more than $75-80 throughout the rest of the year. In the customers eyes, it's not worth the same $100 it once was, even though in my eyes, the cost of the raw materials to make that reload keep going up. $80, or 20% of retail is closer to 60% of profits for most dealers. That amount of profit loss does not allow you to do much if any new business with your suppliers throughout the year, let alone purchase new products like rocket kits, parts, electronics, chutes or reloads & hardware from new or existing suppliers. This has been verified in my own business by a rather large loss in dealer sales over the same time period. So please remember this next time your local dealer tells you they don't have something in stock, the next time you see a vendor having some crazy sale just to get some cash flow, or the next time you see a rocketry vendor go out of business.

Speaking of crazy sales, I have had sales specials listed on the "Specials" page for a little more than a month now. These specials are to promote the newly certified Loki Research reloads and are only valid with the purchase of one of these new reloads. This sale will end Thanksgiving day.

I hope this post reaches at least a few people who care to see the other side of things, and a few more people who never gave it a second thought. I have lots of new products that I'd like to bring to market, but it's impossible for a manufacturer to release new products if they don't have the profits to reinvest in those new items. As always, support your LOCAL dealer first when it comes to the products they carry. If you can't support them, then how can they support you? If they don't carry it, ask them if they can. If you can't get it from them, then go elsewhere.

Sincerely,

AdditiveAerospace will be having our first ever Black Friday sale on 3D printed sleds and shrouds! We'll be live Friday at 12am and the sale will last all day.

I've got 6 printers running 24/7, and have enough raw material to fulfill as many orders as you can throw at me :)

Last edited:
AdditiveAerospace will be having our first ever Black Friday sale on 3D printed sleds and shrouds! We'll be live Friday at 12am and the sale will last all day.

I've got 6 printers running 24/7, and have enough raw material to fulfill as many orders as you can throw at me :)

Nice!

Beezwax said:
Well...not exactly new the topic does seem to come up right around this time every year.

Extensive discussion in this thread, worth reading to the end if you're interested:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...498#post430498

Excellent. I'm glad you found and posted that. It was true then and it's still true now. Thank you very much.

This is a tough business to be in, but even more so when it's not something done on the side in your spare time. For the true full time operations out there like Loki Research who cater only to the high power market and not other markets outside of the hobby high power world, healthy profit margins matter very dearly to us. Our sales are not a buffer to other income sources whether that be delivering papers & fliers, or managing a software design team. Likewise, my time off is just as important to me. So I hope no one took anything I said the wrong way. I know there are people who will have all sorts of free time off this coming week from their "day job" and will have plenty of free time to devote to Black Friday sales. That's just not the position I am in.

Nute, NikeMickey, I'm glad I was able to share my perspective with you. Thank you for your comments.

I have lots of new products that I'd like to bring to market, but it's impossible for a manufacturer to release new products if they don't have the profits to reinvest in those new items.
Please take a look at this thread. If these are things of interest to you, please feel free to leave some feedback if you think it will help.
Here's me asking many of you, don't blow all your winter rocketry money next week. There might be something brand new you'd like to have before spring, from me or someone else. ;-)

Last edited:
Rail-Buttons.com will be having a sale during the holiday season. Actually 2 sales! I will have one sale that will include many of the popular products at a discounted rate from November 24th through December 14th,

There will also be a "Black Friday" sale that will have a few items at even better pricing from Thanksgiving, November 27th through Cyber Monday December 1st.

Get the accessories you need for all of the rockets you will by at the other Black Friday sales!

I have to make a change in plans due it a family situation. I will have a sale during the Holidays, but it will be after the upcoming week. Sorry if anyone planned on this.More information in a separate post.

Trying to summarize - loosing track of things
And I apologize if I missed anyone

• Wildman – Saturday 11/29
• Madcow – Friday 11/28 7AM PST
• AMW - Black Friday weekend
• Eggtimer – Fri 11/21 (now) ~ Mon 12/
• Onebadhawk - Thurs 11/27 ~ Sun 11/30
• Countyline Hobbies – Friday to Mon
• Rocketry Warehouse – Friday
• Missile Works – Monday 12/1 – 9AM MST ~ 9PM
• Rail buttons – postponed – 12/1?
• Jon Rocket – Thursday 11/27 ~ Monday 12/1
• Additive Aerospace – Friday 12AM all day
• Buy Rocket Motors – Friday 11/28 ~ Mon 12/1
* CSRocketry - NOW ~ Wed 11/26 (ends BEFORE Thanksgiving)
* Binder Design - Thurs 11/27 ~ Mon 12/1

Last edited:

• AMW - ??

Thank you very much for going to the trouble for this Les...
It really is helpful in keeping who's doing what...
It sure can become confusing in the fury.... lol..

Check my thread here guy's--

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?120467-Onebadhawk-Recovery-Harnesses-Black-Friday-Sale

Teddy

• AMW - ??

Mine is up now.

Mine is up now.

I'm a little confused by your website. Is the sale from now and ends this Wed before Thanksgiving? Or the Wed after Thanksgiving?
And your PM box is full....

Black Whateverday Sale!
All in stock reloads are 20% off. If you wish to order something that is not in stock, you can email me ([email protected]) that item and I will put it on my next order. Please put sale in the subject line. Orders of in stock items will ship by Friday. This sale will end before midnight on Wednesday.(time TBD) All orders must be shipped and actual shipping charges will be invoiced with your total.

I'm a little confused by your website. Is the sale from now and ends this Wed before Thanksgiving? Or the Wed after Thanksgiving?
And your PM box is full....

Black Whateverday Sale!
All in stock reloads are 20% off. If you wish to order something that is not in stock, you can email me ([email protected]) that item and I will put it on my next order. Please put sale in the subject line. Orders of in stock items will ship by Friday. This sale will end before midnight on Wednesday.(time TBD) All orders must be shipped and actual shipping charges will be invoiced with your total.

I edited it to show 11/26.

LOC Precision announced that they have some items on sale this weekend on their Facebook page this morning. The Big Cletus was marked down from $175 to $136.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

• AMW - Black Friday weekend
* CSRocketry - NOW ~ Wed 11/26 (ends BEFORE Thanksgiving)
* Binder Design - Thurs 11/27 ~ Mon 12/1

So many goodies, so little money. :bang:

Back