Black Friday/Saturday Sales

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgonza4839

Reaction score
Does anyone know by chance who is having sales on Black Friday? Saturday?

Wildman is having his on Saturday and Madcow had announced a Black Friday sale but he hasn't said what day yet.

Eggtimer has stated that they will have Black Friday sales

I hear Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses is going to have a sale......
At the least..........

Teddy

Rocketry Warehouse will be having a Grand Black Friday Sale this year.

More info to follow...

Keep in mind we still have our Hump Day Happy Hour on Wednesdays from 7-10 PM EST

www.rocketrywarehouse.com

Thank You
Sales Dept

Last edited:
Cris at EGGTIMERROCKETRY.com is going to have a sale with his new Eggfinder TRS that weekend also

Kenny

Yes, Eggtimer Rocketry will have a sale...

Once upon a time, Black Friday was ONE day of insane crowds fighting for a few choice bargains. The retailers came to the realization that they were missing the people that had to drive home from Grandma's on Friday, so they extended it to cover the weekend. Then, Best Buy and the other big box retailers decided that once people had their turkey on Thanksgiving they'd need some exercise to burn it off, so they started opening on Thursday at 8:00 pm or so... and let them camp out for a few days ahead of time to get a head start.

We think this whole thing is a load of doo-doo, so our sale is going to start Saturday, Nov. 22nd and go through Cyber Monday on Dec. 1st. This will give you all plenty of time to decide what to get, and pick up a few stocking stuffers too (like when you realize that your mother just HAS to have a GPS tracker...) :)

Woo-hoo, it looks like I found a great time to get back into model rocketry...right before the Black Friday sales! This thread is great, I hadn't heard of some of these companies before, so now I will go check them out!

"Black Friday" has gotten so popular that it has become an excuse to have a sale. I wonder how many people really know what "Black Friday" means?

It is thought, on average, to be reasonably close to the day on which a business passes out of the red, into the black. I.e., by the time Black Friday hits, you have paid all your expenses for the year, and now everything you take in from then till 12/31 is your profit. So it benefited business who crossed into the black to liquidate their inventory. Once it all becomes profit, then clear it out!

But now it has just become an excuse for merchants to have sales and people to buy stuff.

Wow, you wonder how they could have stayed in business if they were running at a loss for 10 3/4 months...

I'm toying with the idea of a cyber "Missile Works Monday"...

Anyone know of a good 3", 38mm, fiberglass kit? I'm looking for something I can fly low on H, high on I, but not need a tracker to find it... Figure I'll pick the kit then wait for sales...

Anyone know of a good 3", 38mm, fiberglass kit? I'm looking for something I can fly low on H, high on I, but not need a tracker to find it... Figure I'll pick the kit then wait for sales...

I have flown my 3" Wildman on H and I with an adapter. The good thing is you can use it for L2 when you are ready. The head end DD is a nice set up also.

I'm toying with the idea of a cyber "Missile Works Monday"...

+1 Yes!!! I need a good, easy to use altimeter for my first ever DD rocket (3" Darkstar)... A RRC3 is what I'm looking for...

Don't overlook the Wildman fiberglass kits. Typically the simple ones come in at around $100 and up during the Black Friday sales.

Wildman kits are oriented to experienced rocketeers as they generally they are a bag full of the needed parts to build the rocket but you have to read the build threads here on TRF for all the tips and tricks or check the occasional construction guides that can be found on the Wildman site for different kits.

On the plus side, ~everyone~ has a Wildman rocket and they can help if you get stuck. It's really just a different set of skills when you're building with fiberglass. Once you've built one, the others go together pretty easily.

Don't overlook the Wildman fiberglass kits. Typically the simple ones come in at around $100 and up during the Black Friday sales.

Wildman kits are oriented to experienced rocketeers as they generally they are a bag full of the needed parts to build the rocket but you have to read the build threads here on TRF for all the tips and tricks or check the occasional construction guides that can be found on the Wildman site for different kits.

On the plus side, ~everyone~ has a Wildman rocket and they can help if you get stuck. It's really just a different set of skills when you're building with fiberglass. Once you've built one, the others go together pretty easily.

I was actually thinking the same thing for my buddy Nate...
Any of the Wildman 54mm dual deploy ready kits...
They all have a 38mm mount..
They'll all fly on relatively small motors...
They're all extremely capable.........

Really very versatile....

Teddy

Wow, you wonder how they could have stayed in business if they were running at a loss for 10 3/4 months...

It's not that simplistic. If your expense budget for the year is, say, $500,000, but you expect to take in $1,000,000, you are taking in that million over the course of a whole year, and spending that half-million over the course of the whole year. But once you have taken in a gross amount of $500,000.01, you have already covered your expenses for the year. You can view the rest of what you take in as profit, even though your expenses continue until the end of the year.

Black Friday, traditionally, was the day in which a business crossed that $500,000.01 threshold.

Make sense?

Hey, if I was a good businessman I wouldn't be having the sales that I do... ask my customers, a lot of them wonder how I can make any money at all. :)

Hi Cz,,
I read this post before but it didn't strike me..
I build exclusively out of glass because of it's durability....
Glass has one drawback,, it's heavy...
A 3" glass rocket is probably not going to come in light enough to be lifted by an H motor....
There are smaller #' glass rockets around that may,, like the Formula 75....

Just lookin to help Cz...
I've been there many times...
Built something for a specific purpose and it just didn't jive out.....

Teddy

Cz: in doing a little research on the Wm give away kits, both the Competitor 3 and the Wildman jr can be flown on H motors(an H242 is probably about the smallest I would go), the Comp3 would need an adaptor(it has a 54mm hole).
Rex

Back