Mobius Camera Which lens version

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good price, thanks. I have one (the A lens) that I ordered from banggood last year, but I would like to get a second one (same lens) to be easier to change rockets I fly. The videos I've taken with mine (4 so far) are all on my YouTube page, linked from my signature.

So has anyone ordered / received their Mobius from HobbyKing? I placed an order for two on 3/25 once it showed it was in stock as well as a few batteries, the batteries came this week but I haven't seen any sign of the cameras yet. I just used their contact form to try to figure out what's going on, just wondering if anyone else has actually gotten one yet.

I received mine a few weeks ago.
The shipping tracking is spotty at best.
The UI on software side needs some work.

JD

Thanks. I heard back from their support and they claim it will be straightened out. Apparently there's some sort of discrepancy between the (US West at least) warehouse and website for this part, it showed as in-stock ("10+") but actually wasn't. So they've apparently created another order that will process/ship in 24-48 hours. I was spooked once I started looking at their website FAQ that said if you got a partial order you had to keep all your packaging materials, file a claim within 48 hours, etc. or else you were SOL, I figured it may have just been a split-shipment so I didn't do any of that and suddenly had the sinking suspicion I might have been out $140+ on that order. But hopefully things will be resolved satisfactorily. I'll update when I know more. Unfortunately I won't have a camera to fly tomorrow which sucks, if it had shown with the batteries everything would have been perfect.

I flew mine today! It was nice to have good weather with no wind.
What does everyone use for editing the video?
My version of Windows Movie makers appears to be broken. :(

JD

I'm a Mac user, iMovie works quite well with the Mobius video (also supports the XAVC-S my Sony 120fps "pad camera" uses). But I realize that's not a terribly useful answer to your question. Strangely, while QuickTime has issues with interlacing on some non-MP4 movie types (my older Sony still camera's AVC video has this issue) iMovie generates proper video output from the same source files that QT can't get right.

BTW, I said I'd follow-up but turns out I never did. HobbyKing did indeed send me the missing Mobius cameras without any hassle, so other than the initial shipping issue which left me without a Mobius to fly that weekend things worked out well. Instead I flew a "DVR Mini U8" thumbdrive-style spy cam that I bought before I heard about the Mobius. I hadn't flown it before, but at least I had some video though nowhere near HD quality (I got it to fit inside my Mobius shroud as well which was a plus).

I flew mine today! It was nice to have good weather with no wind.
What does everyone use for editing the video?
My version of Windows Movie makers appears to be broken. :(

JD

Avidemux works well for me. (simple) There's a link to the free download at BuyMobius.com

It appears that whatever video editing software I try doesn't work on my 5 year old computer :(

It installs fine but, just sits there when trying to cut the video.
I has 12 GB of RAM and plenty of HDD space.

JD

Avidemux works well for me. (simple) There's a link to the free download at BuyMobius.com

Last edited:
Back