PML 3'' Quantum Tube ID?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyropetepete

Reaction score
I have a tube here but my calipers are giving way off readings

PML 3.0'' Quantum Tube ID

It's the ID only I want and need. The website says and what not nut not so sure it's right to what I've measured

Anyone able to measure what they got please ?

I don't have any 3" but have some 58mm QT - wall thickness is 2mm if that helps...

It changes with the weather. When it gets cold, it will shrink.

Currently, the piece I have is 7.70cm (3.03") on my calipers. However, that piece has been used many a time and probably sanded for those cold days. On a cold day, it fits the coupler so tight it takes a pipe wrench to move the tube. On a warm day, it is a bit sloppy.

According to the PML website, the ID is 3.002"

Last edited:
I don't have any 3" but have some 58mm QT - wall thickness is 2mm if that helps...

Aye they say 2mm but have measured 2.6mm once.

It changes with the weather. When it gets cold, it will shrink.

Currently, the piece I have is 7.70cm (3.03") on my calipers. However, that piece has been used many a time and probably sanded for those cold days. On a cold day, it fits the coupler so tight it takes a pipe wrench to move the tube. On a warm day, it is a bit sloppy.

According to the PML website, the ID is 3.002"

Tell me about it moving in all directions. Does my head in. Thanks for measuring. I'm not sure if too believe the site or not

PML 3" quantum tube inside diameter is 3.0020" and outside diameter is 3.1260". This is what the Rocksim files say.

Back