To every Veteran

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric1

BaddAzz Rocketry
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care whether you're are male or female. I don't care what branch you served in. I thank everyone of you who stepped up and served our Country. You were and are willing to give your life for my children's Freedom. I hold each of in my deepest respect and gratitude. I'm Honored to have been able to serve in my small way with you. God Bless you and His Blessings upon your House. In Jesus name, Aman.

THE-WALL.jpg

I did not forget you, my brothers in arms.

James K Knutson, US Army
Craig S. Pettit, US Navy
Dennis J Tuller, US Army

A friend can place his hand on one of the panels of The Wall and touch the names of five men he served with.

It leaves a mark on you.

[video=youtube;Ehbc1zU1BwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehbc1zU1BwQ[/video]

To my brothers in arms, I never forget the times we shared so long ago in a far away land and say my thanks each day I see a soldier.

US ARMY 1st Calvary Division 69-75

Last edited:
To my fellow brother and sister Veterans,
I am proud to have served, sometimes before you, sometimes with you, sometimes after you. Thanks for stepping up to defend our way of life.

How many of you are like me, and miss wearing the uniform? I put it on last Sunday for our Veterans Day Mass and was surprised my Service Dress still fit after 8 years of retirement. 😄. A good feeling for this graybeard!

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Cheers to all who have served this great country.

A decade or two ago, I met a guy and during the course of our conversation it came up that he had served in Vietnam. When I found out, I said "Thank you for your service and welcome home." We continued talking and minute or so later he stopped mid-sentence and said, "You know, no one ever said that to me before."

Greg

I thank everyone of you who stepped up and served our Country. You were and are willing to give your life for my children's Freedom. I hold each of in my deepest respect and gratitude.

This indeed...

Thank you all for your service!

Justin

Thank you to all men and women,and to my late father who served in WWII.Thank Dad,I love you.

I also am grateful for having the privilege to serve a country that has given me so much. Today our company COO sent an email out to all that was very touching.

"Veterans Day 2014

Sometimes you can hear them.

Have you ever been somewhere, alone, near a flag pole in a pretty stiff wind? You look up and the Stars and Stripes are snapping in the wind, maybe the sun sparkling through from behind it or at night and a single light covering the rippling stripes and night shadows.

Think back. Just you. Quiet. And the flag.

When there was nobody around. No other sounds. No distractions. Just you. And the flag. Sometimes you can hear them.

Veterans. Always in some distant place, under fire, yelling, smoke, explosions, action in the background. And very frightening. And maybe you can hear them. Or, maybe it’s just your mind telling you that you can hear them. Some battle in some long ago war or maybe the war yesterday. Veterans.

Veterans. They are always there. Always protecting. Always standing guard on that wall. Always giving.

Today is Veterans Day, a day when Americans honor all of our service men and women. Those who gave the last full measure of devotion on that distant battlefield and those who came home to their families, and especially, those who came home broken. Broken, but not bowed. Veterans.

Sometime today find a flag. Just look at it.

Sometimes you can hear them.

Veterans Day. Honor them."

Thanks to all who have served and who continue to serve. It is an honor to be counted in your ranks.

Cheers to all who have served this great country.

A decade or two ago, I met a guy and during the course of our conversation it came up that he had served in Vietnam. When I found out, I said "Thank you for your service and welcome home." We continued talking and minute or so later he stopped mid-sentence and said, "You know, no one ever said that to me before."

Greg

Almost the exact same thing happened to me years ago....
I hold our entire military in such regard it's hard to describe in words...
To say thank you just seems inadequate...
It is shameful how we treated our military when they were returning from Vietnam...

For lack of some way to show my appreciation that I would feel is adequate,,,,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart......

Teddy

Being diabetic since infancy, I could never serve in the armed forces. I am a DoD contractor now, which is as close as I can get. But my father was a member of the Navy Armed Guard in WWII. He will turn 89 this month. The Armed Guard was a special, war-time only unit that rode alongside merchant marine ships carrying supplies to our troops overseas. His stories of being on one of these ships are amazing. I don't know how any of them survived.

One of their duties was to try to draw away U-boats from the merchant marine ships and draw their fire. Other times they had to go ahead into battle zones to see if it was safe for the merchant marines to proceed. My dad suffered permanent hearing loss from the gunfire onboard.

War is hell.

I'm an Army Veteran, (March 02-March 05'), and am most grateful for having had the ability to to Serve.
It was my Pleasure, my Honor, and my great Priviledge to have served, and I gave it my best every single Moment.
If I never do anything Great in my Life, I will always know that for Three Years of my Life, I gave it 110% every single Day, did somethings that were great, and made a very tiny difference in the World around me.
Tiny by Scale in the Scheme of it all, but greater in my Mind than I ever immagined possible before.
I had the Honor of walking amongst my Fellow Soldiers, Fellow Countrymen!!!

I'de also like to say a Thanks to my Grandpa, who fought in the Islands of the South Pacific, because anything I did or saw, pales in Comparison.
When I joined up, to get my Revenge for what they did to us on September 11th, I thought I was surely going into what would be a lot worse than it actually ended up being.
This was because I had heard Stories from my Mom about her Father, and what he had been through in WWII.
He is and was my Hero, and I feel I had it easy compared to him.

Thank You Fellow Vets.
Thank You Fellow Countrymen for appreciating us with a simple Thanks from time to time.

The Oath 003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all the Veterans out there for all your sacrifice. I just thought I would post this as a tribute to my favorite veteran, my Dad. Lt. Colonel Stanley F. Koropsak USAF. Along with the picture is an exert from a book written by John S. Sloan about the history of the 92nd Bomb Group from 1942-1945 in Pottington England. Dad received the Distinguished Flying Cross for this particular mission. He also flew B-29's in the Korean war and B-47's after that. He was assigned to the Strategic Air Command (SAC) and stationed at a missile site in Kansas in the early 60's. He also served in Vietnam in 1966 and came home and retired in 1967. Made it through three wars and came home safe. Love and miss you dad. Dad is on the bottom row, middle.
92nd Bomb Group 326th Squadron1.jpg
DFC.jpg

Sometimes I look back at the nine years I served and wonder if it made a difference
Those days were something that I'll never forget
I wonder what happened to my shipmates and hope they have had a successful life.

Sometimes I look back at the nine years I served and wonder if it made a difference
Those days were something that I'll never forget
I wonder what happened to my shipmates and hope they have had a successful life.

I feel the same. I've kept in touch with some but most have faded away. Most of the time i served was beyond terrible but we all suffered together.

US Army 4th ID 99-04

Back