Got my Level 1 Finally!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was out at ROC today in Lucerne flew my SUMO; actually it was a drag between my SUMO and my friend Matt's G-FORCE. We both flew H250GW-10 for out L1 flight. It was pretty cool. Both our rockets boosted nice and straight and the recovery was great! Just some minor cosmetic damage. Oh well

I also flew my Batray once on a G64W-10. Beautiful flight, but I lost the nose cone, Nomex blanket and 20" TACR Fruity Chute. I'm hoping someone will find it tomorrow. I didn't even realize that the shock cord burned through. I had half Kevlar and the other 1/4" elastic. No damage to the rocket at all. No cracks and all the fins intact, just surprised it happened. I thought it was under chute the whole time and it was coming down slow. I took my eye off it to signal my friend to get the ATV to get it and then I lost it. Its out there somewhere.

All in all a great time!

I second the congratulations,been thinking of doing the same this coming spring or summer.

Congrats on your L1!

Hopefully, I'll be getting mine sometime early next year...

Congratulations!

I've never heard of anyone getting their certs in a drag race. That's pretty cool! I was at a launch a few weeks ago where a huge group of something like 50 people were getting their certs on the same day, and everyone had made the same exact kit and were mostly flying on the same exact motor. I was thinking they should just do a bunch of 5-at-a-time drag races and get through them, but they did them all one at a time.

The Sumo and G-Force look like great rockets. Is the G-force basically a longer Sumo? They look very similar, except for length. How did you like building that kit, and do you have any tips? I am planning on getting a G-Force.

into each life, some rockets must fall. congrats on your L1.
Rex

Batray, Elastic, Nomex, Kevlar, Fruity Chute.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

- Congrats on the L1! :)

Batray, Elastic, Nomex, Kevlar, Fruity Chute.

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

- Congrats on the L1! :)

I won't be singing that song anymore. I learned my lesson well. Thanks for the reminder

Dan- Congrats on your L1. I was like the third to the last to leave after a three hour tour of the lakebed and no sign of your nose cone/chute. When I got back everything was packed up so maybe *somebody* turned it in if it was found.

Congrats on the L1. I have been flying rockets off and on since I was 12 (more than 40 years). I too am interested in the L1 certification. Perhaps Santa will bring a nice rocket this christmas!

Doug Garcia

Congrats on the L1. I have been flying rockets off and on since I was 12 (more than 40 years). I too am interested in the L1 certification. Perhaps Santa will bring a nice rocket this christmas!

Doug Garcia

Go for it! You can easily do it and so many rockets out there to chose from or go with a scratch build

Back