Minnesota deer hunting opener

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threejsrocketry

Reaction score
Anyone in a stand this morning? I saw a doe at 7:20 this morning, but no doe permit. Otherwise very windy.

I don't know about Minnesota, but my wife got both a 10-point buck and a doe this morning in Indiana (crossbow). Fairly windy here, 10 to 20 mph winds. Buck was at 52 yards; doe quite a bit closer.

Last edited:
Have to wait until the 22nd here in SoDak. Number are way down still, not many tags available this year, I was lucky to even get one.

Nov 1 was opening day in Texas, I shot worlds smallest buck on Sunday .
I have shot crocodile and wildebeest but it was my first deer.

M

We have a launch tomorrow here in Ohio,that being said,I'm going to were my safety vest if my rockets make the trees.

I don't know about Minnesota, but my wife got both a 10-point buck and a doe this morning in Indiana (crossbow). Fairly windy here, 10 to 20 mph winds. Buck was at 52 yards; doe quite a bit closer.

That is excellent and very cool...
Please tell her somebody said congratulations.....

Teddy

Tell your wife congrates.
My friend always gives me a heart or 2 if I don't get one.
I slice em up, fry them in butter with mushrooms and onions and wrop with soft taco shells for dear heart fahitas.
L also like swiss cheege on mine and just a touch of hot sauce.
Goes good w/ pees n carrots and buttery backed potato on the side.
I'm hungry!!!

Yesterday we went back out to our stands to hunt till dark and the wind had died down, but it was snowing. I got settled in and was enjoying the quiet woods. I heard a noise off in the distance and watched intently. I saw some movement and realized it was a respectable buck. As I was getting ready to take the shot I made a small noise with my rifle and I thought it had heard it and was going to bolt. Long story longer, I hurried my shot and I missed. Had I waited a few seconds longer, it would have cleared some thick stuff and I would have sausage for the year. I don't often miss. Kind of humbling.

Got this picture the other day on my trail camera. Unfortunately I wasn't in my blind at the time. This is the BIGGEST buck I've captured on my game camera this season. That's half of hunting success is being in the right place at the right time.
Game Cam 2014 406.jpg

My twin brother flew up from Fla 3 weeks ago and got his first buck. He got a doe 3 days later and within 40 minutes the coyotes ate half of it.
Me and Johnny2.jpg

No, we couldn't see where the deer went down because of the terrain.

Back